two energy cards?

OniSanji

i have an opponent who uses zekrom-ex that has dual collorless energy card into it and a keldeo-ex /w a tool equip in it that make the pokemon retreat with no cost(forgotten its name), after his turn he uses zekrom strong volt and discarded 2 of it lighting energy card leaving the dual colorless card, then i also finishes my turn, in his next turn he put an lighting energy card in zekrom then retreated it without discarding a card(bug?) and put his keldeo active, then put another energy card into it(wth?) then retreated again putting keldeo(of course no discarding an energy card because of the tool), making zekrom again the active pokemon then using the strong volt again(150 dmg ****) ko'ing all of my pokemon until he wins....

just curious is it a bug or just an advance technique cause i search some of the rules but it all says you can put one energy card per turn

If you bother to read the effects of the cards involved, Keldeo EX has an ability called "Rush In". He can use that ability to switch the Keldeo EX on the bench with the Active Pokemon.

As for the Energy thing, I can't really comment on it without knowing what else was being used in the match. Since Zekrom was on the bench, he may have used Eelektrik's Dynamotor Ability to give it another Lightning Energy from the Discard Pile.

well if he uses the lighting energy then his turn will end right? in my case just what i just said that he attacked using strong volt that requires 2 lighting energy cards and 2 colorless card but after using you will discard the 2 lighting energy cards right? but in his next turn he is able to use again the strong volt move, with the one energy card per turn that is impossible so that why i'm asking if it is a bug or just an advance move or maybe cheating?.

Without knowing everything on the field, there's nothing I can tell you.

You can only attach 1 Energy to your monsters per turn, but there are many abilities and cards that can allow for more.

As I said, there are many forms of Energy acceleration that can attach Energy cards (such as Eelektrik's Dynamotor ability) or move Energy (like Energy Shift), or a card like Ether.

Its more likely you weren't paying attention to one of these kinds of cards that would've attached another Lightning Energy to his monster.

I wasn't there. Only you know what cards he had on the field or had used during his turn. If you weren't paying attention, then that's your fault I suppose.

maybe but i played many games and i know i paid attention to whats happening, i'm just happy that this won't happen to me again in my future duels. oh! and this happen to me 1-2 times before i was defeated so...

yup my bad i confirmed it, it was just elektric dynamotor just like trader52 says, keldeo rush in making zekrom in the bench then elektric dynamotor put an energy card to zekrom then retreat keldeo which no cost because of the tool then put zekrom in the active then put another energy card, thus 2 energy card in one turn.

now i can sleep in peace.

Archived