rewards

Cherico

little question from a noob. how does this reward system for pokemon TCG online work? sometimes when i play agains the com i get only 2 trainer token, sometimes more. and when i win or loose against ppl, i get nothing. is that normal?

i cant buy cards atm because theres no paysafe obtion so i play f2p atm and need around 500 token.

regards

Don't count on any worthwhile rewards from this game... That's the harsh truth. They haven't done anything proper or motivating to actually commit to playing this game. Until they actually do that, don't expect much of anything from them. It would be nice to get something like Global Link Pokemon, Reward Points, even physical rewards. We technically still pay to play this game, so with that being said, this is the only feature related to some actual commitment without any actual rewards. What are you guys - as the staff - even doing? Put something that keeps people motivated to play this, not crummy code cards as league rewards that try to force this game down our gut. If you really want this Pokemon TCGO to survive or even be remotely decent - you're going to have to step up your game and give us something that would actually make us want to play it. Some proper rewards, considering we get none - would be good.

Don't count on any worthwhile rewards from this game... That's the harsh truth. They haven't done anything proper or motivating to actually commit to playing this game. Until they actually do that, don't expect much of anything from them. It would be nice to get something like Global Link Pokemon, Reward Points, even physical rewards. We technically still pay to play this game, so with that being said, this is the only feature related to some actual commitment without any actual rewards. What are you guys - as the staff - even doing? Put something that keeps people motivated to play this, not crummy code cards as league rewards that try to force this game down our gut. If you really want this Pokemon TCGO to survive or even be remotely decent - you're going to have to step up your game and give us something that would actually make us want to play it. Some proper rewards, considering we get none - would be good.

means i need to buy a deck in real to get a code for that deck in-game??

means i need to buy a deck in real to get a code for that deck in-game??

Yep, you have to purchase the cards yourself.

You get 10 trainer tokens for your 1st PVP of the day and 1 trainer token for your a win in trainer challenge against a character with a deck you have not won with before. You also get 15 tokens for your first log in of the day. You can get booster packs for 95 tokens and decks for 500 tokens, otherwise you need to buy physical decks and use the redemption codes.

You get 15 tokens a day simply by locking in. Every five days, instead of receiving 15 more tokens,

you receive a 10 cards booster pack. You also get five 10-cards booster packs on your third day.

You get 10 additional tokens for the first battle of the day against a real life enemy.

It's not that hard to fight enemies now that there is a theme decks battle mode.

You don't need anything more than the free decks you receive in-game.

Here's what Sara64 had to add about the 10 Tokens reward in PvP:

PvP mode is not going to give you the 10 tokens reward if you or opponent surrender and if you lose or win extremely fast!! Also if you play expert pvp mode after you take 10 tokens you can also take 1 token for sure if you or opponent do not surrender and if you do not lose or win extremely fast!!

Then, there's the Trainer Challenge. In the trainer challenge after seven wins with each deck, you unlock the deck and it's available in PvP mode and its cards are in your inventory to use in your own decks then on. That's three free decks (basic red, basic blue and basic green), in addition to the Basic Orange Deck and Basic Yellow deck that are already in your inventory.

For every win your experience bar against every opponent raises. For 30.000 points (which equals four stars) per opponent you unlock a ten cards booster pack. For earning the 30.000 points against all opponents in one league, you also get three additional ten cards booster packs if I remember correctly. You also receive quite a few tokens for each of these achievements.

You get more experience points per battle if you change the difficulty to expert.

In expert you get more points if you lose, than you do when you win in beginner's mode.

In less than a month you can have a collection of cards as big as one you'd wish you could ever own in real life, and you also have a lot of trainer tokens to purchase theme decks or booster packs with in the shop. But there's a catch, that most people think is very bad (I personally don't mind at all). You cannot trade any of the cards purchased in this way. What you get, is what you stick with. Unlike paid-for cards that are tradable.

This could help too:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?36577-The-ultimate-tutorial-to-win-a-lot-of-tokens-for-a-single-day!!

Also if you go to the shop and add "boundariescrossed" or "plasmastorm" as a redemption code as many times as you'd like, you can purchase the theme deck Power Relay. That's untradable as well. You'd want to purchase four copies overall I suppose, so that you have four copies of all cards (the maximum number of cards of the same name you can use in a deck).

Don't forget the 45 free packs playing the Trainer Challenge - 50 packs can be gotten in the first few days of playing. But at some point codes need to be redeemed.

thanks for ur help guys, then i buy a deck in real life to have a good start in PvP even when i dont get any rewards when i do PvP. its fun for sure but boring when u get nothing

Excellent tutorial Chris_P!! Only to say that PvP mode not going to give you 10 tokens reward if you or opponent surrender and if you lose or win extreme fast!! Also if you play expert pvp mode after you take 10 tokens you can take also 1 token for sure if you or opponent not surrender and if you not lose or win extreme fast!! Unfortunately there bad people who play even the novice mode and don't cares about the tokens because they have a lot of original money to buy any card they want so they simply surrender in order to not allow you to take 10 tokens but the same time there are kind people who try to slow the pvp gameplay in order to help you to take for sure 10 tokens usually for novice and 1 token for expert!! For that previous reason for bad guys disadvantage problem i want an infinitive reward for trainer challenge too where here the opponent for sure help you to win a reward!!

Danmakuknight had a good point about some possible rewards. When the new Global Link is launched, it would be interesting to have a catalog of Pokémon, items, or customization options that can be earned from the TCGO or purchased with Tokens and Gems. It would promote the card game, the new main series entries, and the compatibility of the franchise.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish they would just let us use real money to buy booster packs in game. I don't have the time to invest in physical cards, so it seems pointless for me to buy booster packs from 3-5 dollars in real life, just to get the boost code. I just want to pay for codes in game so I can get cards... is that too much to ask?

This is a direct quote from our friend Gravybeast's thread. It should be of some big help :)

Free Cards

There are now a wide variety of ways to get free cards. These are the methods to get them:

1) 5 Free Booster Packs: Automatically received on the third day you sign into the game.

2) 1 Free Booster Pack: Automatically received every 5 days after your initial 3 day reward.

3) Power Relay Deck: Type 'boundariescrossed' into the Redeem Codes section of the shop.

4) 45 Free Booster Packs: Earn 4 stars on every trainer in the Trainer Challenge.

5) 3 'Basic' Theme Decks: Win 7 times with any Basic Deck in the Trainer Challenge to unlock it

6) 5-Card Booster Packs: Cost 95 Trainer Tokens in the shop.

New Players are advised to complete all of the above to unlock useful cards. Some Trainers and Energy cards that can be obtained for free (and in which deck) are listed here:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 600]

[/TD]B&W BlueB&W GreenB&W RedBasic OrangePower RelayItemsSwitchSwitch Ultra BallSwitchPotionTool ScraperLevel BallEnergy RetrievalPokedexReviveEnergy SwitchBicycleEnergy SearchHeavy BallPlus PowerGreat BallRandom ReceiverEtherPokemon CatcherPokemon CommunicationPotionTown MapEnergy SearchSupportersCilanBiancaJuniperNCilanNColressCherenCherenCherenJuniperToolsExp. ShareRescue Scarf Rocky HelmetGiant CapeSpecial EnergyDCE

[TD]

[/TABLE]

You can view this and more on Gravybeast's Thread - so read it through if you haven't already (Found in the Online Trading Zone part of the Forum)

Archived