Modified v.s. Unlimited?

NotoriousBAG

Sorry I'm kind of a noob, I still don't understand the difference between these lol. Also, every time I'm trying to build a "modified" deck it says I have some cards that aren't allowed, is there a way to check which cards are allowed prior to saving the deck? Thanks.

To build a modified deck, select "New Deck" in the deck manager tab and then choose "Modified." This should only display "legal" cards for the current format. Just to be sure, you can also click the "View Filters" button and click on the symbols representing the newest sets, starting at Black and White moving right and down all the way to Dragon Vault.

You also asked what the difference between the two are. Unlimited allows a player to use any cards from any sets. Modified only allows the use of cards from the current sets. The current sets are Black and White and everything that's newer. Basically what you clicked under "View Filters" in the paragraph above.

Modified is the current format that admit only the cards from Black & White-ON. Unlimited admits all cards from all sets. However, the current Modified format will change at the start of September.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation guys! So what will the new modified format become in September?

They will remove B/W Base set, Emerging Powers and Noble Victories from modified in September, which I am not too happy about because I use a lot of Noble Victories cards :( oh well

Archived