Theme Decks purchased with trainer tokens don't appear in the TC

GR0

I just bought a Theme Deck for 500 tokens, but I only own it in VS: it doesn't appear in the Trainer Challenge.

To be specific: I bought the Frost Ray deck. But I guess the problem is with every coin-bought Theme Deck (but I decided not to test this and further waste tokens, until this is resolved).

Hello Gr0,

Thank you for the bug report, I've passed along this information to the dev team for review. I'm personally unsure if this is the intended functionality or not, I'll try to update here when I have more information.

Hopefully it's unintended, otherwise it's quite useless to buy a deck: sure, you get 40 cards (energies excluded), but you have 0 chance for something good. --- (for some reason, neither "enter" button works in this topic anymore, so consider this an ENTER) --- Before you replied, I had also sent in a ticket. I don't know if they'll let me know the conclusion, so if the functionality is intended, could you let me know? That way I know whether I'd have to ask a refund or not (after all, the description doesn't say the deck doesn't get unlocked in TC).

Just to clear a point up, I can use both theme decks that I bought with tokens in the Trainer Challenge. One of the decks I bought was Frost Ray.

Now I see the problem. I'm used to the following procedure: enter a code, and the deck is in TC. The deck is also in collections, but doesn't need to be opened. However, it seems this is different when buying a deck from the shop. I didn't open it yet to be careful (I was already thinking of the possibility they'd place a restriction on it, like not unlocking it in the TC. This way, I'd be able to get a refund much easier, as I don't want to waste tokens on the decks if there are such restrictions). But thanks to Andami's post, I decided to just risk it, and now it's properly unlocked. Topic can be closed, and I'll make sure to update the support ticket.

Ah thanks much! Glad to hear it worked out!

I didn't want to make a promise to find out I was wrong without checking first. :) I'll make sure to let them know it was resolved on the message I sent over too. Closing the thread.

Archived