Pay to win

ZeWizard

Hello,

I somewhat have a complain about the system. Some people aren't as lucky as others and can't pay to play. But since both expert as well as novice are filled with EX's and lasers for those who don't have the money to get some booster credits you are pretty much insta killed. I know the game is to make it fun for everyone but honestly it isn't. It would be nice if there was a section that only people who have untradable card decks to fight each other so even they could have fun. As well as the people who pay that feel like playing a deck without all those advantages could do so. This way everyone can PvP without having to be lucky to be facing someone who has an advantage since the start.

Perhaps you could look into this.

Greetings

Yes I would have to say I agree and when I first started It was very frustruating, and to this day I hate having 50+ of cards because I cant trade them.

Hello,

I somewhat have a complain about the system. Some people aren't as lucky as others and can't pay to play. But since both expert as well as novice are filled with EX's and lasers for those who don't have the money to get some booster credits you are pretty much insta killed. I know the game is to make it fun for everyone but honestly it isn't. It would be nice if there was a section that only people who have untradable card decks to fight each other so even they could have fun. As well as the people who pay that feel like playing a deck without all those advantages could do so. This way everyone can PvP without having to be lucky to be facing someone who has an advantage since the start.

Perhaps you could look into this.

Greetings

Heya!

This has been posted in the wrong part of the Forums - and belongs in the Feedback and Suggestions section (Please read the Forum Guide next time!)

As much as this idea seems good on the surface, wouldn't you complain if you were a free-to-play player up against another free-to-play player who has gotten reasonably lucky and pulled some decent things out of their free packs? It's perfectly possible (with 50 free booster packs obtainable in the first 3 days) that someone could have a deck full of EXs up against your deck of pretty average cards...

I think it's impossible to ever develop a 'fair' system on this topic - but the Basic and Theme deck levels should still offer some reasonably fair games in the current system anyway. Stick with it for a while and see if you've just been having a bad run up till now :)

I would not mind since it's harder to obtain a good amount of cards that mix well together if you don't pay for them. They might get lucky and pull some amazing cards but at the same time they would barely be able to win against someone who has a very good deck all together and not just those few cards. Besides playing Theme decks gets really boring.. It's more fun to play with a deck you've build.

Also, keep in mind that the people who buy packs have the same chance that you have of pulling an EX, laser, etc. They just have more opportunity/chances to score big. But other than that, it's the same thing. The only thing they can do that you can't is trade. Which can get a little annoying. But, try to have a good attitude no matter what. Good luck and God bless!!

And a way to get at least a minimal amount gems, or booster packs, free-to-play, after maxing out the trainers...

oh wait!!... The login every day for 5 days bonus... now make THOSE tradeable and we might be onto something.

I do feel lucky... pulled mewtwo, zekrom, and darkrai EX's out of my packs from the trainer challenge. That makes for a very interesting deck xD and fun to play.

TCG leagues IRL, as well, are a source. You get sortof-packs for participating (The bottom 6 packs on professor oak's tcgo page). They have a small handful of somewhat in-demand trainers available in the series that you can trade off for a card here or there.

According to the new patch notes: 95 tokens will give a 5 card pack and 500 tokens will give a theme deck. This is very good for free to play users.

According to the new patch notes: 95 tokens will give a 5 card pack and 500 tokens will give a theme deck. This is very good for free to play users.

This!

the new system with tokens should help you out but if you are looking for decent cards i have tons that i could get rid of

As much as this idea seems good on the surface, wouldn't you complain if you were a free-to-play player up against another free-to-play player who has gotten reasonably lucky and pulled some decent things out of their free packs? It's perfectly possible (with 50 free booster packs obtainable in the first 3 days) that someone could have a deck full of EXs up against your deck of pretty average cards...

I have three Keldeo EXs and a Celebi EX in my main EX deck, and only one of those (Keldeo) was not one of the F2P cards I got from the site. Would you want to run into my deck?

It's a standard Keldstone deck.

Indeed the new patch does make it a little easier per say, now we just need to grind for tokens. Will take some time but at least you are able to obtain new cards and not only the 1 every 5 days. :)

nope.avi

The packs are non tradeable cards, so the status quo is maintained in a form that insults intelligence.

Archived