Rigged Coin Tosses!!

NotoriousBAG

Is it just me or are the coin tosses against TC always rigged? I mean, at first I was like... okay, maybe I just have bad luck. But for me to go an entire games of 20 something coin tosses and only getting 5 at the most in my favor every time is just against the laws of probability. I'm not the only one having this issue right? lol

Nope game seems rigged to me. I have an EX deck with 5 ex and 4 non ex pokemon, and I have played over 100 games, not once have I not drawn an ex in my starting hand yet. that's a 1 in 12 chance, which means by the laws of probability and having only 7 card hands that just over 1/2 the time I shouldn't be getting any exs off the draw.

Just keep in mind that coin flips and drawn cards are truly random, and that humans often have a different idea of what "Random" means. If a coin flips heads once, it still only has a 50% chance of being tails next time. This shuffle algorithm is better than a few other's I have seen.

Also why would the game be rigged against you? I kinda doubt someone is reprogramming the game just so they get coin tosses in their own favor.

I've had some pretty odd streaks, like 10 heads in a row, but just as often there's no rhyme or reason to it. I don't think they'd rig it.

I think it's more along the lines that the coin flips/ draws aren't random enough. You tend to get more tail streaks than anything else in the game imo.

I don't have drawing issues because I cycle through the deck so much, but still. I play other TCG games online that have much more fair coin flips in general than on here, so I completely understand what the OP means.

I think they "rig" it in expert mode and such to make it appear more difficult for the player, but honestly it just gets frustrating when you get 4 tails in a row trying to do an attack. And yeah I've noticed that it's leaning more towards tails as well. It's evidently not randomized.

I've been having a strange experience with the coin toss: at day, I use to get more tails; at night, i use to get more heads. I always select the side acording the day time and I can say 80% of those times I win the coin flip!! BTW, I live in Portugal, wich has a time zone different from USA, so I'm doing this according to my time zone.

Okay, some clarification;

Practice battles against CPUs are rigged in favor of the CPU to add difficulty. I would much rather see difficulty decide your opponent's smarts and deck.

PvP is not rigged.

I noticed the same thing with the coin. It's fair in PvP but rigged in TC. One thing that often bothers me, however, is that the deck never seems to get shuffled. Say I have a latias ex at the bottom of my deck. No matter how many times the deck is "shuffled," my latias remains in the bottom 5-10 cards. This happens nearly every game, too. I would definitely like to see an improvement in how the deck is shuffled.

I've noticed this too. I'm not sure if the game displays the deck in the same order every time you look at it but shuffles when drawn or what. But every time the computer is supposed to shuffle and i look at my deck with another card during the same turn it is almost ALWAYS in the same order.

Archived