Need help with a Crobat deck

Terraxus15

Hi all, i've started playing recently, and i want to build a poison deck. Some mates told me there was a good crobat for that, and i have built a decklist with that crobat, hope you can help me improving it! ^_^ Here's the decklist

x4 Crobat

x1 Golbat (Doesn't matter wich of them)

x4 Zubat (The one with Ability: if this Pokemon doesn't have energies, his retire cost is 0)

x4 Giratina

x2 Mewto EX

15 Pokemon

----------

x4 Double Colorless energy

x4 Plasma Energy

x12 Psy Energy

20 energies

----------

x3 Colress

x3 Colress Machine

x3 Hypnotoxic Laser

x2 Pokemon Catcher

x1 Prof. Juniper

x4 Rare Candy

x2 Rocky Helmet

x2 Skylas

x2 Switch

x3 Vibrank City Gym

25 trainers (6 supporters, 3 fields)

Well, i suppose u maybe have heard about this deck, and i've been watching the most common build for the ''metagame''. What i saw is that things like Skyla, Juniper and Lasers are like Staples in almost every deck, and i think lasers are quite good in this build specially. The deck consists in poisoning the enemy with Crobat, wich allows you to deal 40 dmg between turns to the enemy, meanwhile you are constantly getting a turbo, thanks to crobat's skill, drawing a card each turn. If you add Vibrank gym to this situation, Crobat deals a total of 100 dmg just in your turn, +60 when the enemy ends his/her turn if the Active Pokemon hasn't been switched. In addition to this, there's Giratina. He deals extra dmg if the opponent's Active Pokemon is (in this deck's case) Poisoned or Asleep. A good combo that i've seen in many of this deck builds is that we only run 1 or even 2 Golbats, because we have 4 Rare Candy, wich allows us to evolve from zubat to crobat instantly without having to go through Golbat. Running 1 or 2 Golbats is important though, because we won't have always a Rare Candy in our hand.

Well, i hope you can all help me with this deck, sorry if something is wrong or badly expressed, English is not my main language, thanks!!!!

Hi:

just to say an average amount of energies is about 10-13energies

i would drop the basic psy energy to about 7-8 in a th deck.

also i would put 3-4 juniper in the deck.

if your afraid you'll be discarding critical energy as you run fewer, energy retrieval x1 and super rods are really handy and ont take up as much space.

normally i would suggest escape rope for those who dont have catchers, but i guess you could try to run a dowsing machine ace spec at the very least if u can.

You need more supporters, colress x2 is the avarage for any deck. so remove the 1. 3-4 juniper i already mentioned.

you may find, ghetsis is quite good for this deck in particular

but N, Bianca are good for the early game when you use a lot of trainers and reduce your hand size.

Again shadow triad is a handy on decks the use a lot of plama stuffs, onec again this allows you to discards cards more safely as it can get crobat/laser/colress/machine etc back depending on the situation.

as you mentioned crobats ability is really good, so if u can prioritise getting crobats as early as possible things are bound to run smoothly. and this i see you lack are Plasma Balls 3-4 should do and even levels balls.

you dont need ultra balls as only pokemon out of reach is mewtwo but most of your pokemons weakness have different weaknesses.

Deck waeknesses: TDK is your big weakness because of zubats getting donked

mr mime can help againt Kyurem quick ability to snipe your mulyiple zubats just getting setted up process.

but you justt have to get giratina/mewtwo for stall and possibly the early knockouts on Thundurus.

maybe a sigilyph/boufferlaunt for pokemon ex.

you might thinks of cutting some pokemon in favor of dusknoir/ditto/drifblim line(enhance hammers) to cover your weakness. maybe they'll play better over mewtwo/giratina overall.

all down to what you can get and what strategy suits you.

hopes this helps, i guess you'll find youself in a tight situation chosing the cards for the deck. all my suggestions are not enitrly neccesary but i you should get a good image the supporters and trainer make your deck more consistent than running more energies.

Here are my thoughts. I think 3 Virbank City Gyms are unnecessary, you only need one or two. Also, I think you should take out one Colress and put in one Juniper, because with 4 Juniper, your deck will be gone in a few turns. And I think 13 energy in a deck is quite low, most of my decks have right around 20, so you're good with that (but I'd take out one Plasma Energy and put in another Psychic). In some decks, I prefer Escape Ropes over Switches just because they shake your opponent up just a little more, plus they fit with the plasma theme. Rocky Helmet just seems out of place in this deck, so maybe replace it with 2 Giant Capes or 2 Eviolites because of Mew2 and Giratina. And, I agree with Supernova in the fact that Sigilyph and Bouffalant are great in this deck. Maybe take out 2 Giratina to put in one of each of them, because 4 Giratina is overload. You could replace those 2 unnecessary Virbanks with 2 more eviolites for Bouffalant and Sigilyph. So basically, -2 Giratina, +1 Bouffalant, +1 Sigilyph, -1 Plasma Energy, +1 Psy Energy, -1 Colress, +1 Juniper, -2 Switch, +2 Escape Rope, -2 Rocky Helmet, -2 Virbank City Gym, +4 Eviolite. Just my thoughts, good luck :)

Here are my thoughts. I think 3 Virbank City Gyms are unnecessary, you only need one or two. Also, I think you should take out one Colress and put in one Juniper, because with 4 Juniper, your deck will be gone in a few turns. And I think 13 energy in a deck is quite low, most of my decks have right around 20, so you're good with that (but I'd take out one Plasma Energy and put in another Psychic). In some decks, I prefer Escape Ropes over Switches just because they shake your opponent up just a little more, plus they fit with the plasma theme. Rocky Helmet just seems out of place in this deck, so maybe replace it with 2 Giant Capes or 2 Eviolites because of Mew2 and Giratina. And, I agree with Supernova in the fact that Sigilyph and Bouffalant are great in this deck. Maybe take out 2 Giratina to put in one of each of them, because 4 Giratina is overload. You could replace those 2 unnecessary Virbanks with 2 more eviolites for Bouffalant and Sigilyph. So basically, -2 Giratina, +1 Bouffalant, +1 Sigilyph, -1 Plasma Energy, +1 Psy Energy, -1 Colress, +1 Juniper, -2 Switch, +2 Escape Rope, -2 Rocky Helmet, -2 Virbank City Gym, +4 Eviolite. Just my thoughts, good luck :)

Hi:

just to say an average amount of energies is about 10-13energies

i would drop the basic psy energy to about 7-8 in a th deck.

also i would put 3-4 juniper in the deck.

if your afraid you'll be discarding critical energy as you run fewer, energy retrieval x1 and super rods are really handy and ont take up as much space.

normally i would suggest escape rope for those who dont have catchers, but i guess you could try to run a dowsing machine ace spec at the very least if u can.

You need more supporters, colress x2 is the avarage for any deck. so remove the 1. 3-4 juniper i already mentioned.

you may find, ghetsis is quite good for this deck in particular

but N, Bianca are good for the early game when you use a lot of trainers and reduce your hand size.

Again shadow triad is a handy on decks the use a lot of plama stuffs, onec again this allows you to discards cards more safely as it can get crobat/laser/colress/machine etc back depending on the situation.

as you mentioned crobats ability is really good, so if u can prioritise getting crobats as early as possible things are bound to run smoothly. and this i see you lack are Plasma Balls 3-4 should do and even levels balls.

you dont need ultra balls as only pokemon out of reach is mewtwo but most of your pokemons weakness have different weaknesses.

Deck waeknesses: TDK is your big weakness because of zubats getting donked

mr mime can help againt Kyurem quick ability to snipe your mulyiple zubats just getting setted up process.

but you justt have to get giratina/mewtwo for stall and possibly the early knockouts on Thundurus.

maybe a sigilyph/boufferlaunt for pokemon ex.

you might thinks of cutting some pokemon in favor of dusknoir/ditto/drifblim line(enhance hammers) to cover your weakness. maybe they'll play better over mewtwo/giratina overall.

all down to what you can get and what strategy suits you.

hopes this helps, i guess you'll find youself in a tight situation chosing the cards for the deck. all my suggestions are not enitrly neccesary but i you should get a good image the supporters and trainer make your deck more consistent than running more energies.

Thanks to both guys, i think i'll start testing right now the changes that you suggest, specially adding that boufferlaunt or even a sigilyph until i get that bull, i've seen if an EX comes fast from my opponent's and i don't have enough strenght i shall need a defensive option. Thanks for replying and giving me some advice ^_^

This may be an older post but i've played around with a crobat deck before. I found it works great as a support as well as an attacker. So i find most people overlook the usefulness of its ability. Night sight allows you to draw an extra card each turn before you attack. This is great with a pokedex/ether combo. If you have one in ur hand and a skyla you can grab the other one and drop 2 energy that turn. You have to also keep in mind that Night Sight can be used before and after supporters, so with a pokedex in hand you can see if you really need to juniper your hand away, or is the card you need reachable with a night sight.

Its a good energy acceleration that doesnt rely on colress machine. So it can also work with Mewtwo. And pokedex just works so well with crobat.

Another good pokemon to add to this deck is Lunatone from PF or PS i cant remember. But it allows you to the same thing as pokedex each turn, but only the top 2 cards. Which is great with Crobat regardless.

You may also consider using Sigylph with safeguard. To just block all pokemon attacks. And/or Mr. Mime to prevent spread damage.

My deck was/probably would be. Though i had a dowsing machine in here somewhere, though idk what i would take out atm.

Pokemon: 13 (10 basics)

The set of pokemon i had. Though i might drop a Lunatone for another Mewtwo. Though now that i have 2x Deoxys Ex i might consider that over Mewtwo and Mr. Mime. This would allow Crobat to hit 120 in 1 turn and 160 if they dont switch out when it goes back to you. It also makes Giratina stronger as well and reduces the fear of Frozen City even further. Making Sigilyph the only attacker you would use that isn't Plasma.

3-1-2 Crobat

2x Giratina

2x Lunatone

1x Mewtwo

1x Sigilyph

1x Mr Mime

Supporters:11

This amount is probably about right.

4x Juniper

4x N

2x Skyla

1x Cilan or Colress

Trainers: 22

It changed a bit since i had this deck constructed. So idk how this would play out. Though the base of this deck is still there.

1x Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (Whatever works best for you)

3x Ultra/Level/Plasma Ball

2x Ether

2x Pokedex

2x Float Stone

2x Rare Candy

4x Hypnotoxic Laser

2x Virbank City Gym

1x Energy Retrieval or Superior Energy Retrieval

1x Super Rod

1x Energy Search

1x Switch

1x Tool Scrapper

Energy: 13

20 energy is way too much still 15 is a little high. if you want you could sub 2 Psychic for 2 plasma, but i dont see the need since it would also take up trainer space for colress machine that you could use for other good stuff.

10 Psychic

3 DCE

Archived