Pokemon TCGO App Discussion

AAA-Pikachu-AAA

This is the place to discuss making and if it is made the Pokemon TCGO App. Suggestions that people like will be posted up here.

you mean a mobile app for android and iOS? definitely sound good though it may take some work.

My main concern though is whether it can still look awesome without putting too much strain on less powerful devices.

But the thing will be dat the game will lag a lot

It crashes so much on the PC so on Android or Ios, It will be really bad

• 3 weeks later...
you mean a mobile app for android and iOS? definitely sound good though it may take some work.

My main concern though is whether it can still look awesome without putting too much strain on less powerful devices.

What do you mean by "Powerful Devices?"

This is never going to happen anytime soon - the development team for PTCGO is stretched thinly enough as it is, and I'd much rather see them work on the main game client as apposed to an App or 'Lite' version of the game for Android etc. - Prof_Koldos said this himself at some point on this very topic. Discussion of an App for the game isn't much more than getting people's hopes up far too early.

As much as it might be nice to have an App that could allow you to tag cards, edit decks or post trades on the move the game simply isn't far developed enough to allow this to happen and there's no point in getting anyone's hopes up just yet. Let's get this game out of Beta (bug-free) before we look forwards to explore other platforms - I'd be perfectly happy with that :)

I guess we'll just leave this thread to die off - I can't imagine anyone else will have many opinions about something so far into the future.. It seems a bit of an irrelevant thread given the current state of the game.

Edited by AlexManectric

This is never going to happen anytime soon - the development team for PTCGO is stretched thinly enough as it is, and I'd much rather see them work on the main game client as apposed to an App or 'Lite' version of the game for Android etc. - Prof_Koldos said this himself at some point on this very topic. Discussion of an App for the game isn't much more than getting people's hopes up far too early.

As much as it might be nice to have an App that could allow you to tag cards, edit decks or post trades on the move the game simply isn't far developed enough to allow this to happen and there's no point in getting anyone's hopes up just yet. Let's get this game out of Beta (bug-free) before we look forwards to explore other platforms - I'd be perfectly happy with that :)

I agree with you-this may not happen anytime soon. Due to this reason and also because I'm pretty sure they are not working on this app, I created this thread. When we all decide together about what we want first, what we want last, etc. the professors could look on here when they start making the app and the app could have everything we want. Also, I'm sure there are a few programmers like me in this community who can discuss some about how things should be made. This isn't getting people's hopes up- this thread is simply just giving what we want to the professors, helping the professors build a App if they decide to.

• 4 years later...

I am still hoping for a lite version for PC. I stopped playing involuntarily almost 2 years ago when my video card no longer met the minimum specs to play what is still just a card game.

Hello Wolfman_11,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble playing the game on your system! It looks like you found an extremely old thread, though (2013, wow!)! In order to keep the forums organized and up to date, I am going to close this thread. However, if you would like to start a new feedback thread on this subject, you are welcome to do so! 

Thanks!