Not the pokemon I remembered.

nightchrono

I played the pokemon TCG years ago from when it first came out, up untill about EX hidden legends. Having been very excitied for this I have to say this is not the pokemon TCG I knew and loved.

Stage 1 pokemon that do 60 damage with an energy cost of 1? What happened Nintendo? Pokemon was always a slower game of strategy not a game of fast hits, and high numbers.

I know this post is pretty much "hey you kids get off my lawn", but I just had to come out and say what the heck.

yup. It only gets worse with victini ability and overpowered x100 beartic.......just like yugioh.....it only gets more broken

just like yugioh

Yes that is exactly it! The reason my yu-gi-oh stint lasted under a year, and why I never got into magic, there is no fun in who ever has the latest insta-kill deck.

i know :F

my brother says pokemon is juvenile and plays magic, and says I'm not giving it a chance by not playing it, when i've given it like 10 chances... every time I play, it ends by someone pulling out a BS Instant-win-the-game card. It's not about strategy, it's about what cards you buy.....

And play using mostly my old cards (I don't play in leagues or anything) because it is muuuch more fun that way :D

I played the pokemon TCG years ago from when it first came out, up untill about EX hidden legends. Having been very excitied for this I have to say this is not the pokemon TCG I knew and loved.

Stage 1 pokemon that do 60 damage with an energy cost of 1? What happened Nintendo? Pokemon was always a slower game of strategy not a game of fast hits, and high numbers.

I know this post is pretty much "hey you kids get off my lawn", but I just had to come out and say what the heck.

And don't forget about the Basic Pokemon that do 20-140 damage (+10 for each damage counter on them) with 2 Colorless Energies.

I actually don't think that game is that broken(not badly broken that is).....

It still gives me the old Pokemon i grew up loving....

Yo Bananion, you can tell your brother good ollll' SanguineYeti says shove it! haha. but no seriously, i love playin with the old cards. even reading the old tournament reports like about the STS's and such.

And, mewisthebest, the game is actually rather balanced at the moment. If you go through forums, EVERYTHING is up in the air right now. donphan is Great early game, but struggles really bad late-mid to late game. that bench damage adds up, and 90 for 3 energy is so draft.

Honestly think they should make it into a client based browser

it would be nice to move around rather than clicking etc.... and supply more options and more things to do etc... idk

if the game gains some popularity i feel sorry for the lag we will be receiving..

i know :F

my brother says pokemon is juvenile and plays magic, and says I'm not giving it a chance by not playing it, when i've given it like 10 chances... every time I play, it ends by someone pulling out a ** Instant-win-the-game card. It's not about strategy, it's about what cards you buy.....

And play using mostly my old cards (I don't play in leagues or anything) because it is muuuch more fun that way :D

Plus it's basicly those who break the bank literally that end up pulling that 400 dollar insta win card called " Crush Card Virus" to get the 180 dollar "Dark Armed Dragon" on the field with the help of the 40 dollar "Emergency teleport" gosh...... that's not even half the cards in the deck! (I never have played yu-gi-oh but I read up on what's hot cause it's one of the easiest card games to make money off of.)

Pokemon is just better. I think reshzeks will be reduced to one per deck or banned like the now under par sneasel from the neo expansions. Anyone remember that?

I know I loved my Mahcamp that was Holographic but its best move does 60 and it wouldnt stand a chance in this new screwed up version. Sigh, I love that thing. Oh and I cant use my very first pokemon Pachirishu!

I think you're referring to Donphan? If so I totally agree, its probably just as overpowered as zekrom and reshiram. Almost every single player that has it pulls it out on the second turn, and hey, 60 damage for one turn and then 90 there onwards, with the hp of a stage 2 and essentially has resistances to all types (-20 damage). Because that's exactly what it is. People would complain like crazy if they had a card that had resistances to everything. Well, there it is. Just written differently as all.

I want back the days with a 70hp charmeleon, where you needed 3 energy just to do an attack of 30, and if you wanted to do an attack of 50 damage you had to discard something. Not 60 damage with one energy. These are both stage one pokemon but it really does open your eye when you realise that back then it would take 3 energy, and one needing to be discarded to do 50 damage, and now you can do 60 with one energy... how pointless.

Great early game, but struggles really bad late-mid to late game. that bench damage adds up

Yea except you don't get to "late game" cause on turn 2 they have it out and can one hit all your basic pokemon. Who cares if your bench takes 20-30 damage if you win in under 5 min?

Archived