Some uncomfortable facts about the community

NGhetsis

To the mods :

1) You guys should be able to see the censored stuff. For example, yesterday i made a post about a player who violated PTCGO's digital policy of buying codes for other goods and services (Its written by Prof_Maven in the general discussion thread). However, the mod could not even understand the censored version of the message and told me to send a ticket about my 10 year old friend as in PTCGO, people below the age of 13 are not allowed to have chat, not even realizing that i was talking about the most popular video watching site in the world and not this one.

2) You guys should really check your itching trigger fingers. If you had not closed my thread, i would have posted to clear the misunderstanding. Some threads, i understand,should be closed but some, like mine, SHOULD NOT be closed, as you guys would anyways censor any stuff which you dont want.

3) I understand the censoring of the player info here acc to your terms of service, however, when i posted someone's username on another site and the threats he posted to my friend, what is the point of removing it??? Guy is doing something illegal, and i did it only to warn you guys. Fat lot of thanks i got.

To the players,

1) Most people who commented on my 2 threads were just asking me, why was it that i had a problem with this guy, and not in a nice tone. Simple, he is doing something illegal and getting away with it. The least the mods can do is ban his account. It's only justice. He cant even sue Pokemon Company, they on the other hand, CAN sue him. 2 Guys, Calvin Cool and Turtwig(some number) however, engaged in a meaningful conversation, and i commend them on that. I thought the whole community would be on my side. Most people asked me what was my business to tell the truth?? I was shocked. As a law abiding citizen, it is my DUTY to report someone who is breaking it and escaping justice.

Hello NGhetsis,

I'd like to address a few of your concerns here. First and foremost, yes as mods we can indeed see what is censored, we do have a few newer mods though so they may still be learning the functions of the forums. As far as the mod suggesting you send a ticket in regarding your friend, that is standard procedure, it is indeed against the rules to have chat enabled under the age of consent. This is for the protection of the player, it may seem odd to suggest such a thing but you basically pointed out a player who is breaking the rules in clear view of the rule enforcers so yes, we do need to ask.

From what I see the mods understood your concern, but we have certain protocols in place that we follow, if you want us to look into the player in question you will need to submit a ticket through our support portal so we can investigate the player properly (A link to the support portal can be found in my forum signature). We cannot investigate reports placed via the forums as we might have questions to ask that would require the player's information which we do not allow in the forums. I honestly do suggest you submit a ticket so we can investigate this player.

If you or another player ever feel threatened by another player we always want to know what is going on, submitting a ticket allows us to track the issue and escalate the matter to the proper departments for investigation. We won't be able to directly tell you what action is taken against another user due to privacy policies but there are punishments that will be put into place if the user is found to be violating our rules in any way.

When the community responds to threads such as your original thread keep in mind they don't have every detail about the discussion you and the player in question had and they haven't looked at all the information regarding him that you have. For the most part all they see is someone posting a thread flaming another user, even when that wasn't the original intent (I know you're trying to do the right thing). Most players are not breaking the rules to get free cards, that's an exaggeration, sure a few users exist that do these types of things but we look into them and action them as we find them.

While I don't personally like the feel of "It is too full of truths to survive." there isn't an actual reason for me to close this thread. The overall tone is negative to the entire thing but I feel that the main reason is just because maybe our procedures weren't explained properly. I'll leave the thread open, I'm more than willing to answer any general questions you have regarding these procedures, but if you want the player investigated you'll need to submit the ticket to us. Just keep in mind the only details of procedures I can discuss are the outward facing details that are general knowledge, not the internal workings.

**Edited in note** : We always welcome feedback regarding how we handle things here, any ways you feel we can improve our service or our game are reviewed and considered. My best suggestion though is to try to keep the overall tone positive as it will usually receive a better response and support from both the employees and community.

Well, Prof, thank you for understanding that i was trying to do the right thing. It means a lot to me. Secondly, i WAS a bit negative, but it is due to my friend who wants to just quit altogether like i did. I convinced him not to for now. He is kinda sad and i am kinda bitter. I submitted a ticket about 20 hours ago wen the mod first suggested it. I hope that does some good. Thank you for replying in detail.

No problem NGhetsis, frustration can take a hold of any of us. The customer support team will be the group looking into the matter so I won't directly have any information regarding what is happening with the ticket, but I was informed we have received it.

We really do appreciate the patience and the fact that you brought the matter to our attention in the first place.

Also, i want to quote this from Prof_Maven's post as my friend forwarded a message he sent to someone to me a few mins ago to make sure everyone understands what i want to explain:

"In no event may you trade any virtual in-game items for real; money, any other good or service outside of TCGO, or any promise to provide certain products or services whether in-game or outside the game. Any attempt to trade outside TCGO or trade a prohibited item may result in your account being suspended or terminated."

You see now?? Uploaders get money from ******* for ads if they have a large no of subs and views, i believe. There is some partnership offer from *******. The guy gives them subscriptions and views, in turn he gets codes, which is a MONEY TRANSACTION and hence against the rules. The authorities can get him using this.

Thanks again for replying, Prof_Koldos. I will try to be more positive from now on. I may even start playing again. :)

Always glad to help! At this point I will close the thread as we've received the ticket and it'll be handled by the support team. ^^ Always feel free to come by and leave us suggestions or feedback, we're happy to help!

Archived