Scheduled Maintenance and Patches

MTGisWayBetter

It seems that you guys are on top of updating the game, but are failing to enlighten your player base on what you're doing. I wish you guys would include patch notes on what you're changing/fixing so I can feel like progress is being made instead of being tricked into thinking so.

I love the game and want to keep up with it as much as possible. No more;

"What happens during Maintenance?

Maintenance allows the Development team to add new content, fix bugs, make critical server updates, and other important tasks. Players logged into the game can encounter errors during Maintenance. To prevent these errors from occurring, the Development team logs all players out at the beginning of Maintenance and locks the login server until Maintenance is complete."

Normally after Patches, Prof Mathis will post Patch Notes in the News section covering this exact information - I'm guessing he's waiting for all of this session's maintenances to be completed before he does this, so sit tight, they are on the way. You can view the news archive to look at old Patch Notes. :)

There is a good reason detailed information is not posted before maintenance is completed - and that is to avoid getting players' hopes up for an update that might glitch and not be released after an updates if something goes wrong. It is much better to promise nothing and deliver something than promise something and fail to deliver it - which is why the TCGO staff never reveal updates before they are successfully completed.

Hello trainers,

We do post patch notes and notices for our big maintenance periods. You can find these notes in the Announcements, Patch Notes, & Updates subforum and archived later in the News Archive subforum.

However, I will make sure that the team sees this thread. As always, we thank you for your input!

Archived