Coin Flip Rubberbanding

overcast_kid

Ive been noticing this for awhile now. If you have set up to where coin flips are required for big hits, for example DarMAXitan with Gardevoir's pokepower that doubles psychic energy, in the first 2 or 3 turns. You will 90% of the time flip all tails. The game rubberbands with coin flips.

i think i know what are you saying. the metal paint of the coins IRL makes it falls most of the time in tails. that´s what you´re saying?

I would agree there are some times where the coin most of the time goes one way or the other. I've found it's better to choose heads when playing a PvP game to go first but when playing against CPU, it's pretty random.

Also, it's Gardevoir's ability that doubles psychic energy, not Gallade's.

No, I'm saying the game purposely gives you a bad flip if it means you will win in only a short amount of turns at the start of the game to give your opponent a chance, when irl the odds would be more random.

Google "rubberbanding" to get a good discription of how it works

i think youre just having bad luck overcast

im playing 9 fliptini decks and sometimes got luck, sometimes not

my gardevoir darmaxitan is totally random as all coin flips are online

He's right, I use Darmanitan a lot. The flips are so bad that I have to make sure I have Vicitini on the bench so I can re-flip.

AlexMaectric is very lucky respect to coin flips. she says that she defeated several EXs with Magikarp Soggy Rush attack. ask her if you dont thrust me.

Stay on topic please. Also its one thing to be unlucky, another to notice a pattern. I also understand why they would implement rubber banding in coin flips, but it seems cheap to me. Random should be random.

If you still did not understand Overcast_Kid, FLIPS ARE TOTALLY RANDOM. That's all.

I beg to differ when most coin flips I have seen just playing in TC mode are hugely against me. Its silly how badly the rubberbanding is right now.

Archived