They messed up something in the Genesect Movie. . .

Sunnytail321

So in Genesect's Pokedex entry it says it was from prehistoric times. In the movie, it said that they were cloned from fossils. That makes sense, but later in the movie it said it remembered a flower from it's home. Let me explain how this doesn't work. Let's say you clone your pet. You need to have some cells from your pet. You use some tools to take the cells from a strand of hair. You take those cells and put them into a fetus of what ever that animal is. I forgot the rest, maybe my sister can fill the rest in. But anyway, after the processes is complete the clone will act like a baby and will have no memories. That's impossible so the Genesect should not remember it.

Yes, but a clone cannot have any memory as the original. It was something it saw that was very minor so it couldn't have remembered it. Also, the genetically engineered the fetus of these clones so it would be powerful so there's that too. If you're a baby, face it, you aren't going to remember a flower you never saw.

But genetic memory would imply that Genesect would be able to recognize the plant as part of its environment as if it had the memory of seeing it, even if it didn't. It's not like we're talking actual science here, but if they wanted to attribute it to genetic memory, then they could. To its extreme extent in science fiction, genetic memory would ensure that memories are carried by DNA. And thus a new member of the species has memories of its ancestors as if they were its own memories.

Mind you, I have no idea what's supposed to be happening in that movie! None at all. I just joined the conversation because I saw theories and stuff. :P

Turtwig is right, also a lot of things that contradict with the reality occured in the anime. that should explain it.

Its just a movie doesnt have to make sense

Ah, the old, "It doesn't have to make sense."

It was trying to be emotional and if it doesn't make sense in an "emotional" scene, it's not going to be emotional.

Ah, the old, "It doesn't have to make sense."

It was trying to be emotional and if it doesn't make sense in an "emotional" sense, it's not going to be emotional.

heh?

Agreed. Pokemon is supposed to occur in another world. Even if the creators were strict about the rules and natural laws of that world (which they are not) they would still be different rules and laws than ours.

So im right.... Like always xD

Not entirely. It is a very important principle regardless of the group of people it targets that a movie is consistent with the way it represents its reality. Otherwise it is not a really good movie. So a movie has to make sense. But on its own terms (not in real world terms) otherwise it's inconsistent and plain bad writing.

It happens that there are inconsistencies quite so often, in Pokemon too, but it's not the norm, nor is it a good thing. The question is: is the detail of the Genesect movie that is the subject of this thread something that could happen in Pokemon world or not? In the first case everything's fine, in the second case, pointing it out as a fault of the movie is valid criticism. (My personal opinion is that it is something that could happen, however I have no idea about the movie like I said before.)

Did you even know genesect is an updated kabutops?

it looks same and ccheck the pokedex

genesect:

Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.

This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.

This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago.

Realy looks like kabutops, and check this

kabutops:

It is thought that this Pokémon came onto land because its prey adapted to life on land.

If genesect (previous kabutops) changed from underwater life to live on land, it was a big change in its life

so seeing a flower refers to the change of his life

it is possible it would remember it

oh you cant see the pokedex, just select the text to see it , sorry ^^

edit: i changed it so now you can read it

Wasn't Genesect supposed to be metal type even before its modifications? It says the modification they made was the cannon they upgraded. (Which would even suggest it was equipped with a cannon all along!!!)

Now that you mention it, Kabuto's Pokedex entry mentions that it is 300 million years old....

And Kabutops's mentions that its the strongest of hunters...

There's a connection! PROOF!

Archived