...? inexplicable glitch (delete old bug report) read this one

aquaste

I can't tell what the glitch is but whenever an attack that is supposed to paralyze causes paralysis It says it is putting the pokemon to sleep when it does what it is supposed to do by paralyzing it. The rest of the glitch has been fixed. I don't know if it is a coding issue or a textbox issue but it is happening

Hello Aquaste,

I've still been unable to reproduce this issue. It sounds like there might be some corrupt game files or such affecting your client. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if this fixes it?

I'm really at a loss as to what might be causing this as it sounds like you might be the only player encountering this issue.

I always get the "Pokemon is now asleep" notification whenever paralysis occurs. It's like the wrong text box appears. It's been like this for months now (even though I think it was fixed at some point for a very short period of time-can't be sure).

Seeing as it always happens (and I play the game on multiple PCs) I always thought it is a very well known bug which is why I never reported it.

edit: I tried to reproduce the problem just now. A notification box did not pop up at all. It just showed me the hourglass animation of the paralysis effect. Weird. When did this change occur? Up until at most a couple days ago the text box was popping up and it was the wrong message. Now there's no text box at all.

No worries! I'm not sure when a change would have been made if any has occurred but I'll go ahead and leave this thread open in case it happens again. If it does post it up here and if you can snag a screen capture it would be helpful too.

Do we know which opponents in Trainer Challenge can paralyze their opponents. I only tried paralyzing the opponents. But perhaps it occurs (if it occurs) when the player's Pokemon is being paralyzed by the opponent's.

Archived