Daily coin reward too tough to get

GR0

The vast majority of games don't last 5 minutes

For non-theme duels, EX cards decide the duel in mere turns. For theme duels, there are not many combo's to play so turns can easily take as little as 10 seconds or even less. And usually, people surrender way before their loss is actually a certainty, cutting the duel short even more so. And yet, you have to somehow reach the 5 minute mark to get rewarded.

As it stands, reaching 5 minutes is way too difficult. It usually takes 20 duels or more to finally have a duel that takes long enough to get rewarded. And that's just ridiculous.

Also, why is this limit even in place for the daily coin reward? I understand it for the Expert Duel coin reward: to prevent farming. But the daily coin reward can only be received once per day: that alone is already an anti-farm measure.

I understand where you are coming from, but what's the big deal on coins. You can't use them for anything anyway. Is there a use that I am unaware of, or will there be in the near future?

We were supposed to be able to purchase cards using tokens by now, and it's only been delayed. I can't think of many things in this game as important as the Trainer Token rewards.

The only qualm I have about PTCGO is that unless you pay money for your cards you can't trade them, which is what the 'T' in 'TCG' stands for. So if you don't pay you only get half the experience.

I agree with Mempha. You would think that login bonus cards could be traded, seeing as how the only way to get very many is to play five days, skip a day, and repeat. As it is, I'm thinking of doing just that, because the nearest card shop to me is an hour away, and I don't have the time or money yet to put into the TCG irl in order to do that. It said in the July update (this month) they'll be implementing a way to pay for packs via coins, but I can't see the packs costing anything less than 750 or so, because of the ability to buy coins, or buy physical packs with the same money. That, however, makes the 15 daily reward login coins fairly miniscule. Say that packs cost 1000 coins, even if you login for 50 days in a row, the initial 3 coin bonuses or so are smaller, so you'd have to be getting coins elsewhere, and this is even accounting for doing a PvP match to get the 10 bonus coins from that. It just seems incredibly difficult to get cards without getting actual cards, which can be an issue for younger kids playing the game, or people who can't pull the income to keep up with the constantly changing sets

They have already said booster packs will cost 200 coins, and theme decks will cost 500 coins.

You get 390 coins per month for logging in, and 260 coins per month for the PvP battle of the day.

So either three booster packs per month or a theme deck per month. Add to that the six free booster packs you get anyway from the daily log-in system per month.

I think that's more than a child could ever afford to purchase with actual money.

Also as far as I know there is no way to purchase coins using money.

I seem to remember somewhere that you could do something with gems and coins with actual money, but maybe I'm just not looking at this the right way. Also, if you could link me to where they said the thing with boosters being 200 and themes being 500, that'd be grand. Quick google search didn't turn up any results.

As it is, it still seems that farming the day four 'five booster pack' login bonus is still the fastest way to get cards, although the question of not being able to trade these cards kind of hinders their use, if cards received via coin purchases can be traded

I seem to remember somewhere that you could do something with gems and coins with actual money, but maybe I'm just not looking at this the right way. Also, if you could link me to where they said the thing with boosters being 200 and themes being 500, that'd be grand. Quick google search didn't turn up any results.

As it is, it still seems that farming the day four 'five booster pack' login bonus is still the fastest way to get cards, although the question of not being able to trade these cards kind of hinders their use, if cards received via coin purchases can be traded

I seem to remember them saying somewhere that coin purchased booster cards will also be untradable. not sure so correct me if I am wrong. Honestly I don't like the idea, because then you HAVE to pay money to trade, which is a little forced if you ask me. If thats the case I wouldn't call it a F2P game, more of a P2W.

Yeah, they will be locked. However a suggestion was made recently, so that excess copies of cards get recycled, traded for their worth in trainer tokens. A brilliant idea in my opinion, and the mods said they forwarded it to the developers. Personally I couldn't care less for trades, but I understand why most people would.

I definitely agree with being able to trade in excess cards for Trainer Tokens to purchase packs and whatnot as opposed to hunting for trades that nobody will offer. I'm not really a trader by most rights, but if I get a card that I personally can't use because it's from a trainer token pack, but is in high demand, I'd like to be able to trade it off to someone who can make use of it for something I can make use of as well

If the free packs/cards were tradeable, players would create a gazillion accounts, get free packs/cards for each account, and then consolidate all the cards into one account via bogus trades.

IP Tracking moderation. If an IP has successive suspect trades between itself and another IP/account their account could be added to a moderation list. That or just make it so packs after a month of login days are tradeable and everything before that isn't. 30 days logging in seems like it'd be a fair deal

That does seem fair, although I could totally see people playing for 30 days on four or five accounts just to get those cards :P

From what I heard, multiaccounting isnt allowed under any circumstance, which in its own right would be a punishable offense

Archived