Tired of sore losers....

Falcom4ever

Hello,

I don't know if it's really a suggestion or a feedback, but I am getting tired of sore losers and I don't know if there is something that can be done against them.

A lot of games (almost 50% of them !) when the opponent starts losing, flips a tails on hypnotoxic, does not top deck the needed card, etc... They just let time out or concede even there are still a lof of prizes to be taken.

I can't wait for tournaments, because right now losing a game does not really matter. When losing a game means beeing kicked out of a tournament or having a bad elo ranking I am pretty sure that players will play the game until the last card.

I am just unlucky with the pairing or do you have the same problem ?

Hello,

I don't know if it's really a suggestion or a feedback, but I am getting tired of sore losers and I don't know if there is something that can be done against them.

A lot of games (almost 50% of them !) when the opponent starts losing, flips a tails on hypnotoxic, does not top deck the needed card, etc... They just let time out or concede even there are still a lof of prizes to be taken.

I can't wait for tournaments, because right now losing a game does not really matter. When losing a game means beeing kicked out of a tournament or having a bad elo ranking I am pretty sure that players will play the game until the last card.

I am just unlucky with the pairing or do you have the same problem ?

Hey Falcom,

Sadly this is an increasingly frequent problem - and a large number of threads have talked about this issue. I have a thread (Community Update) in the PvP part of the Forums you might find an interesting read on the subject.

We're hoping developers will club together to find some way to stop this, but right now the community itself is struggling to find a fair system that could discourage people from disconnecting. For now, it seems we will just have to be patient..

Hope that helps somewhat?

AlexManectric

Unfortunately, this is a problem in EVERY online game. But at least you won the game, right? Nevertheless, why not record your games and display their nametag, and make a video compilation of these sore losers? This may deter a lot of "rage quitters" in the future.

Unfortunately, this is a problem in EVERY online game. But at least you won the game, right? Nevertheless, why not record your games and display their nametag, and make a video compilation of these sore losers? This may deter a lot of "rage quitters" in the future.

I should point out that naming and shaming is against Forum and PTCGO Rules... It's easy to skip over that in the Rules & User Agreements when you sign up

Well, naming and shaming rule was to make sure everyone is happy when they are playing.

I think stats should be implemented (like times quit, times won, times lost, etc)

It encourages sports man like behavior and pride.

overall good for pokemon TCG and the company

alot of ppl dont play this because, to be frank, this program is terrible

Hmm, as one who conceded a match earlier this week - I'm not sure "sore looser" is appropriate. I compete in a lot of TCG tournaments (just got back from Nationals) and when it is clear that you can't win, I don't see anything wrong with conceding the game and congratuating the opponent.

I'll battle to the end if there is a chance, but when plasma-klang is out and I have nothing but EXs and no Lasers, why prolong?

Why is everyone so upset about someone quitting when they know they have lost regardless of how many prize cards are available?

You get credit for winning if they quit early. And that is the nice thing I like about the online game is that you can start over without having to pick up your cards and shuffle, and shuffle and shuffle like it was an in person game.

Is it because you get satisfaction from beating someone down even when both of you know that the other person has lost??? I just don't get it..

Of course we get satisfaction from beating someone. This is a competitive card game

And the obviously hopeless sessions are fine to quit, but what about those that quit just because they didn't get the cards they want on their first hand, or they didnt get heads on a coin, or just had a bad draw?

Archived