Why is Conceding on the First Turn When You See Resh/Zek a Bad Thing?

sharkfrog

I don't understand it. I do this sometimes and I get negative reactions from people. If I see a Reshiram or Zekrom as my opponent's first Active Pokemon, and I don't think I have the cards in my hand to win, I might concede the game. At least I do the honest and respectful thing to do; concede. I never disconnect (rage quit) from games that I'm losing or I know that I won't win. And I don't concede that often either. I was just playing against someone who had Zekrom has his first Active and I conceded. The very next game, I was matched up against the same person. It was the same story again, but this time I had a strategy to take out Zekrom. Then on his first turn, he disconnected.

And I'm sick and and tired of seeing these two cards. They're broken and everybody (except for me) has them. These cards were in at least 60% of the decks that I've played in the last few days, many of them being ReshiBoar decks. I don't lose to them all the time, but I do lose to them a lot. I'm not arguing against players who use them, it's what the heck were the Pokemon Company thinking when they made these two cards and put them in so many packs. They seriously need to ban these cards and reprint fixed versions of them. They should make Outrage require 3 not all Colorless Energies and/or make it capped at 50 damage. Then, their second attacks should require 4 Energies. Meanwhile, their Retreat Costs should be at least 3 Energies. And to finally top it off, they should not be nearly as common as they currently are.

I have only quit once when I saw a resh or zekrom on the first turn. And that is because the deck I used helped way too much. My deck is a bench destroyer so all I would have done was beef them up to beat me :P No way that deck can beat a zekrom deck, it was never meant to!

1. ReshiBoar cannot even take a prize first turn.

2. Your opponent might have a terrible hand. ReshiBoar requires energy, and lots of it. They also have to get out a Stage 2 in HGSS-on format.

3. Everyone is slave to the mistress luck. (Or in this case, Empress RNG, LOL) Everything can change with one topdeck.

Given these three points, why would ANYONE surrender 1st turn under ANY circumstances? We're here to play, not look at cards and wave a white flag.

I'm not scared of the deck, but it gets boring. if people can't find any creative way to play in a Beta it'll be nice to see when the game actually comes out/ i just leave when i see a resh/zeckrom deck cause im tired of fighting one every 3 person i play. the only time id leave a game without conceding. they don't deserve my respect to actually leave the game by conceding

shark u do moan alot about these cards and tbf ive seen alot of decks that DON'T use them i have also had a lot of bluescreens of late,games not loading the old "sorry we lost u there click ok to refresh" i like the challenge of taking down a reshirim deck and ive got a good couple of decks that can and do work uite well (need another couple of strong cards to be REALLY effective mind for me the biggest improvement they could make to the game is a WEEKLY maintenence to help the servers run as smooth as possible

Archived