New rules, are they really that healthy for the TCG?

jburrows9730

Hey fellow Pokemon people! I like many of you have heard of the new rules that will be implemented after regionals, and like many of you I am mad angry_smile.png. I mean the rules before B/W were very fair, but now they are giving anything that doesn't run evolutions and/or anything that runs this little guy (below) a completely unfair advantage.

48-sableye.jpg

This new trainers-on-the-first-turn rule gives so many unfair advantages to the person who starts first for example. I start my opponent has only 1 basic Pokemon on the field, and I start machomp, all I need to do to win would be play a Broken-Time Space play down a machoke then evolve to machamp (SF) and attach a fighting and win the game. Or you can start sableye play what ever you want and crush you opponent's side of the field so they can't effectively do anything.

I think these rules are ridiculous and need to be changed, but that is just my opinion so let me know what you guys think.

"Wii Man"?... Hmm... That reminds me of PlayingWithMahWii on YouTube... Anyway, I don't really know if changes themselves are bad, but it depends if what the change is doing is bad. Though, I have to admit that that Sableye is super cheap. I mean, you only need to attach one Energy to it, and suddenly you have free reign over all your Supporter cards (which doesn't even require Energy), retreating, and a somewhat broken attack, all while you can go first if you happen to get this guy in your starting hand! cry_smile.png

EDIT: Ummm.... That card says that it was made in 2008, so it's not a part of Black & White's changes, or any change, for that matter. It's just cheap, like Meta Knight in Brawl *Puts up anti-flaming shield*

OT: Ya no conection to the youtube guy BTW, and I think that you are right to a degree about the rule change in it self not being bad, but what they changed it to is bad, but still why fix something if it isn't broken.

OFF T:Meta Knight sucks in brawl ROB FTW!

Kirby ftw.

OT: Sableye is broken, i'll give you that, but the good TCG players, will work around it, and if it gets too be to much trouble, it'll probably be banned.

I like R.O.B., too! Meta Knight as well, he's just too overused. It's like all-legendaries/Uber teams online.

Kirby ftw.

OT: Sableye is broken, i'll give you that, but the good TCG players, will work around it, and if it gets too be to much trouble, it'll probably be banned.

Well we only have 4 months of having to live through this chaos before it smooths out.

I think the rules were really designed for the next format.

I agree, but the fact that they put them in this format kinda hurts.

When Pokemon Online launches its online VS mode in the Fall, i'm going to bet that most people who will organise tournements will ban the use of this perticular sabelye from Stormfront.

what i miss though is the EX Guardians Sabelye which was another awesome guy to have 4 of in a deck.

(Sorry for missing half the name. some wierd filter thing keeps happening)

Pokemon cards like sably and machamp are not the cards you should worry about. Cards like lost world/gengar(prime) and mime jr (col) together makes an unvincible combination. But i also think the new rule that allowes trainer crads to be played on the first game is gonna make the game more unfair. The player who drawes the powerfulest basicpokemon and got the most trainercard in the beginning will have the biggst odds to win...This makes the tcg matches more about luck then of skills....The coin in the beggining of the game is also very important then....

It's always been the luck of the coin flip. Way back in base set days if you did not go first and if your opponent started out with a decent hand you better hope that you did not start with only one pokemon or else you louse. Before these new rules you wanted to go 2nd so you could play your supporter/trainers, and the person going 2nd had the upper hand because the person going first could not do too much if they had a bad hand/slow start. Today it's going to be the same thing like back in base set where the player going first has a big advantage.

Ok I didn't understand a word of that. Can someone please tell me what the propblem is, as I can't figure it out.

The problem with the change it really to competive play I will give you a link to vid here that goes on about the problems in more detail. about 3:25 and up.

Archived