The Poliwag Test Tournament (Looking For Participants!)

poliwag92

Tournament Setup:

The first stage of this tournament will be composed of Swiss rounds (number to be confirmed) where players shall be paired up against each other based on their current win/loss record. These Swiss round matches will make use of a single match format.

Once the first stage of the tournament has been completed the top cut shall take place where the best performing players (either the top 4 or 8 based on entry numbers) shall battle it out! These top cut matches unlike the swiss round matches shall make use of a best of 3 match format.

Tournament Rules:

Decks used in this tournament must be composed of cards from the current modified format (Black and White – Black and White, Plasma Freeze). Reprints of cards currently present in the modified format are allowed such as Energy Switch from the HeartGold SoulSilver expansion.

Any cards (including Pokémon-EX) are allowed to be used in your deck as long as they rest within the modified format.

The deck you use in your first match must be used throughout the tournament. After completing your first match you must state the main Pokémon present in the deck (e.g. Darkrai/Sableye or Rayquaza/Eelektrik). Any unusual tech Pokémon do not have to be disclosed.

If you wish to signup please state the timezone which you are in as this can help in arranging times for matches (which can be done on this thread).

When your match has been completed, one player should state who won the match and additionally how many prize cards were taken on both sides.

If a player becomes disconnected from a match then that player shall automatically lose that round/match. Again, please state how many prize cards were taken by each player before the disconnection occurred.

If you have any further questions about the tournament/require clarification about anything please ask and I shall try my best to clear it up!

I hope that this tournament is a success and fun for participants. :)

1. supernova51D (GMT+0) - Klinklang/Cobalion-EX/Terrakion-EX

2. Seeker33 (GMT+0) - Klinklang (PS)/Cobalion

3. Shadowxarmor (EST)

4. Pitazza (GMT+1)

5. cmgames4321 (?)

6. Dr-Professor (EST)

7. supersky2020 (GMT)

8. kfisherman (GMT+8)

9. markopopovic (GMT+8) - Cofagrigus/Flareon/Tornadus-EX (PS)/Garbador

10. WitchDoctor12 (GMT-4) - Zekrom/Eelektrik/Bouffalant

Standings:

1. markopopovic (1-0), Prizes taken: 6, Games played: 1

2. Seeker33 (1-0), Prizes taken: 6, Games played: 1

3. Dr-Professor (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

4. kfisherman (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

5. Shadowxarmor (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

6. supersky2020 (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

7. Pitazza (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

8. cmgames4321 (0-0), Prizes taken: 0, Games played: 0

9. WitchDoctor12 (0-1), Prizes taken: 5, Games played: 1

10. supernova51D (0-1), Prizes taken: 1, Games played: 1

Swiss Pairings (Round 1):

supernova51D (0-0) vs. markopopovic (0-0)

Dr-Professor (0-0) vs. kfisherman (0-0)

Seeker33 (0-0) vs. WitchDoctor12 (0-0)

Shadowxarmor (0-0) vs. supersky2020 (0-0)

Pitazza (0-0) vs. cmgames4321 (0-0)

The Posting deck-Card name will be a huge disadvantage,czu if anyone plays with Darkrai,then another player would know his weakness and use Landorus/Terrakion,Pls cancel that if you want more ppl to join

Yup sign me up,

You could tell the both players to state their decks after the first game, that way what they will bring up will be unknown and brings the whole idea of predicting like in real life.

Timezone GMT+0

[And screenshots are not allowed, it can provide external information of players unawaringly etc, its explained by one of the guide forums]

"although sometimes 3-4 prize lead doesnt mean a win, but if the person disconnects after losing by 2+ prizes then it can be considered as a loss, if not a rematch, something on a basis like that."

Ok I have added you Supernova and Seeker.

With regards to stating the type of deck you are using after the first match it seems like a good suggestion to me and something I was thinking of doing initially, I'll edit the first post.

Would you be interested in participating Trader52?

I've added everyone up to this point who expressed an interest in joining, which timezone are you in CM?

@Trader52 and Dr Professor: I do not have an abundance of packs to hand out as prizes and I only have enough of the staple cards to construct my own decks so I do not intend on giving out prizes for this tournament. This is also the first tournament which I have hosted so I'm just looking to offer players a fun tournament which aims to follow the structure of a real life tournament.

If this tournament is successful (which I will do my best to ensure) then I might get a few packs to dish out if I host future events. :)

I've added you Dr Professor, which timezone are you in? Also, it's fine about not being available this week, the I'll leave the event open for anybody else wanting to join for the next few days.

EDIT: Ignore that... I saw that you stated your timezone on the first page.

Entries updated to this point.

I think a good time to start would be this weekend (Friday/Saturday) providing a few extra days for anyone else who wants to sign up. Even though there is a good even number of entries already.

First round swiss pairings shall be posted early tomorrow.

As a result anyone who still has an interest in joining should post in this thread before 23:59 GMT today (12 July).

Thanks!

I've signed you up WitchDoctor12.

Entries for the tournament are now closed, the pairings for the first round of swiss are as follows:

supernova51D (0-0) vs. markopopovic (0-0)

Dr-Professor (0-0) vs. kfisherman (0-0)

Seeker33 (0-0) vs. WitchDoctor12 (0-0)

Shadowxarmor (0-0) vs. supersky2020 (0-0)

Pitazza (0-0) vs. cmgames4321 (0-0)

Please remember to review the rules of the tournament before having your match, you may use this thread to help arrange a time for your matches or add each other within the PTCGO client.

With 10 players after the swiss rounds have taken place the tournament shall cut to a top 4.

. supernova51d - I can't get in to lobbies and friends list. Lets reschedule our match, I'll contact you as soon as I can. Thanks!

Archived