• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zora50

• sdrawkcab190

• TPCi_Mathis

• supersky2020

I am really excited for the token redemptions!! I am sure the bugs will be fixed in due time. The avatar creator is also nice.

Also, i was feeling a bit guilty about a post i made in the feedback forum to which Prof_Mathis replied. I did not mean that the bugs were introduced intentionally at all. (That IS stupid) I just wanted to say how disappointed i was about the disconnector which will only harm the good people of the community. I felt that no one was listening to us. Sorry about that. My intention was not to be rude and i apologize if the Profs were offended. I am being positive and hope that the game improves all the more in the coming months. Whatever you do for us is appreciated.

TBurrows9730

Tough way to end the week. I hope the Monday fixes address the big issues as they are debilitating. I look forward to seeing you at NATs.

supersky2020

IMHO,these are 2 major bugs that should be priotized.=)

1. trades limitation

2. bouncing chat

Good job on avatar. i think i have made a cool avatar for myself=)

PS- It will be awesome if the dev team could give my snorlaxes some first aid. They aren't very happy at the moment because other pokemons have been running away from his Block. Especially Keldeo.

Edited by supersky2020

It's nice to hear there will be more changes in the game and that the new start screen reflects that. However as a standalone it feels very odd that it has the same function as the actual menu bar, but with fewer options... But it does look very nice and it feels more responsible when hovering over the option etc. It feels like there's a lot of potential there.

I'll be honest here and say that I'd be delighted with a reset of the Trainer Challenge scores at some point... I know that's greedy, but we're beta testers, so I think it's more likely for it to happen now, rather than later! And it would feel very rewarding.

Also very pleased about how quickly professors responded to our reports for bugs, I hope something's done about them, you guys are always so reassuring... and it feels nice!

AlexManectric

Although there are some positives to be taken out of the update, such as Avatar Creator and some bug fixes, I absolutely agree with Pokewat's comments about the Disconnection Timer. For me, this is the only thing I'm able to think about in terms of these updates for the reason below - and sadly it's extremely negative. I apologise Prof_Mathis and others if these comments are strong - but I feel very passionately about this subject. I have tried to explain myself fully so no feelings are hurt - but instead, trigger some sort of reflection within the TCGO Staff.

There have been numerous threads (which Profs have been actively involved in) talking about how people quitting the game early is frustrating and irritating. There was talk of trying to help people who are quit on, and talk of punishing those who rage quit. Now a new system has been introduced to FURTHER punish those who have done nothing wrong, but instead are the ones left in the game after the other person Rage Quits.

It feels like we as a community were not listened to at all on the matter, as the decision and changes that have been made actively contradict every single discussion on the subject. As I frequently say, I am usually very proud to be a part of this community - but this single decision for me is unsettling and upsetting. If the voice of the community (in their hundreds on this particular subject) are not being listened to, I honestly feel like we're wasting our time.

I have further expressed some opinions on the Game in my weekly community update. (These have already been Moderator Approved - so all comments there seem to be agreeable) This can be found in the PvP Discussion part of the Forum in a thread called 'Community Update', and I hope you find it full of thought-provoking comments. The latest update can be read in Message #2

Edited by AlexManectric
FreeSpirit87
Although there are some positives to be taken out of the update, such as Avatar Creator and some bug fixes, I absolutely agree with Pokewat's comments about the Disconnection Timer. For me, this is the only thing I'm able to think about in terms of these updates for the reason below - and sadly it's extremely negative. I apologise Prof_Mathis and others if these comments are strong - but I feel very passionately about this subject. I have tried to explain myself fully so no feelings are hurt - but instead, trigger some sort of reflection within the TCGO Staff.

There have been numerous threads (which Profs have been actively involved in) talking about how people quitting the game early is frustrating and irritating. There was talk of trying to help people who are quit on, and talk of punishing those who rage quit. Now a new system has been introduced to FURTHER punish those who have done nothing wrong, but instead are the ones left in the game after the other person Rage Quits.

It feels like we as a community were not listened to at all on the matter, as the decision and changes that have been made actively contradict every single discussion on the subject. As I frequently say, I am usually very proud to be a part of this community - but this single decision for me is unsettling and upsetting. If the voice of the community (in their hundreds on this particular subject) are not being listened to, I honestly feel like we're wasting our time.

I have further expressed some opinions on the Game in my weekly community update. (These have already been Moderator Approved - so all comments there seem to be agreeable) This can be found in the PvP Discussion part of the Forum in a thread called 'Community Update', and I hope you find it full of thought-provoking comments. The latest update can be read in Message #2

+1

JohnnyBlaze

Mike - Thanks for this informative update. You and your team have an overwhelming task associated with creating, maintaining and updating PTCGO. I think you are doing a great job given the technological glitches that come up. The best thing is that you keep the community updated and I for one appreciate this information!! Thanks and see you in Indy!!

supersky2020

Feedback on disconnection time. I am not sure how it actually works but, it says we are given 5 minutes to reconnect to the game which we have left(literally clicking the elave button) / disconnection. I think it is a good idea for tournament mode. I think this the nearest solution to go about heap actions problems during tournament. However, i don't it is a good idea in normal PVP. It will be great if the dev team only implement the idea for tournament mode. Phew. my 5 minutes penalty is up. Getting back to the game.

sdrawkcab190

You mentioned tournaments in the last few updates, its absence from this update is rather concerning.

Are you planning on making an addition announcement regarding tournaments?

Squirtle_Squad_

Yeah! I want tournaments! :(

You said we could have tournaments in the second half of June. You LIED! :mad:

green-elf

there doing maintenance in 12 hours.

will that be the update for the tokens? or??

also what we purchase with the tokens. will they be trade able or locked?

DialgaChampion

It's good to see the Avatar Creator back in action, along with the new landing page, but I do have to agree that it is disappointing to see so many new bugs and glitches introduced into the client.

Of the main things I've noticed, the new text-rendering plugin definitely needs to be revisited, since much of the in-game text is now way too large and written in bold font that doesn't really look appealing. The trading page once again has a massive amount of lag when scrolling down the list.

And on top of all this, Alex's mention of the disconnection timer's return is also a negative. If anything, the player who rage quits should be the one banned from re-entering a match for 5 minutes -- not forcing the player who still stays in the game to have to wait 5 minutes just because their opponent left.

In fact, I'd have to say that the most positive fix out of this whole update has been the minor change to prevent the default theme decks from displaying in the deck builder on the same screen as the custom decks.

I'm not sure if all of the new bugs that were introduced by this patch will be addressed in time, but my personal opinion is that priority should be placed on fixing the card effects in matches, the major lag now reintroduced into the client, and also the disconnection timer. Even if this means pushing back the upcoming shop token update and the tournaments feature, it would be well worth it, especially considering that there will not be any time for bug fixes in August, since August's priority will shift to releasing Plasma Blast.

there doing maintenance in 12 hours.

will that be the update for the tokens? or??

also what we purchase with the tokens. will they be trade able or locked?

The maintenance will complete part 1 of the Booster Credits Sunsetting.

That is, Code Cards from expansions Black & White to Black & White--Boundries Crossed will no longer provide Booster Credits after the maintenance tomorrow, and will instead provide the booster pack it came from directly.

pokemontcg.com/news/?p=577

Players with existing Booster Credits will still have those Booster Credits and will still be able to use them until early 2014.

As for things being bought with Tokens, cards will be trade-locked.

--

Now for my opinion on this...

Implementing part of a UI isn't really going to fare well, especially with the inconsistencies that it causes.

But other than that, I want to see where this game heads.

The store definitely needs to be expanded.

Edited by Reoksio
Pokemaniac Lexi

Hi there! When I downloaded the game today, the installer would show me two icons- one PTCGOnline and Refresher. Neither lead to any screen to play. Is this among the major problems happening, and if not, how do I fix it?

Hi there! When I downloaded the game today, the installer would show me two icons- one PTCGOnline and Refresher. Neither lead to any screen to play. Is this among the major problems happening, and if not, how do I fix it?

There shouldn't be any problems with the Refresher.

Start the refresher. It's basically the game's updater, and give it a few minutes.

It has tendency to freeze up when it needs to do a large update.

After it finishes patching, there should be a "Play" button that takes you to the login screen.

Enter your Pokémon Trainer Club username and password there and you'll be good to go.

I honestly don't like the new front page when you first turn on the game. Sure it looks pretty and all, but it only slows you down. Sure it's not a big deal, just kinda annoying. Also how many tokens will it be for each pack? I've heard different amounts from mods and players.

pokewat
I honestly don't like the new front page when you first turn on the game. Sure it looks pretty and all, but it only slows you down. Sure it's not a big deal, just kinda annoying. Also how many tokens will it be for each pack? I've heard different amounts from mods and players.

I think it was 300 per pack and 500 per theme deck.

Ranger_Chainer

A far as the update is concerned, I have been a Beta tester in a few other games. Some things work, some don't and have to be fixed. Be patient. I have to disagree with some of the code locked cards policy. As far as the "Daily log in rewards" go, that is spot on. They are given out just for logging in. It's fair and right to lock them. However, locking the cards obtained by token purchase I believe is a mistake. Firstly, these are not free. The coins are earned by winning battles, either PvP or trainer challenge. You win, your rewarded and can buy cards. By making the rewards we earn untradeable, you encourage the after market support of buying codes and digi-cards through scalpers. I don't have a problem with people trying to make a buck, but most of these free-lance cheap code cards are rip off artists and the game focus becomes a wallet waving contest. The junior players are hurt by this, if you buy a theme deck for a few cards, you should be able to trade off the fodder you don't want. its that simple. I understand that there are several things that would have to be done to resolve the issue correctly, ( i.e. making tokens from the mother site unusable in TCGO), but I firmly believe that it should be done this way.

xOnionx

The timer is good for tournaments, but bad for regular PvP. I disagree with others about the issue of "rage-quits". If I had no way of winning, I have 2 options, wait out to be defeated, usually not even playing my hardest (not benching pokemon and so forth) or concede. If a game is over why do I have to play it out? I'm fine with admitting defeat and giving my opponent the win. One shouldn't scoop just because of a bad start, but if the game is over playing it out is a waste of both peoples time.

They will probably release the token system before Plasma Blast, but people really should hold on to them and get Plasma Blast packs with them. I know there will be plenty of people who burn through all their tokens day 1 though. Would be interesting if you couldn't get the newest pack with tokens. Players wouldn't like it, but it would make sense from a business standpoint.

TPCi_Mathis

The disconnect timer is intended solely for Tournament Mode. It was unintentionally added to Versus Mode matches last week. It will take a bit of work to reverse this change, but it's on the Dev team's radar.

Senior management requested that we rearrange the release schedule to move some items from the later part of the schedule to earlier in the year. Tournament Mode has been shifted to late-summer/early-autumn to accommodate this request.

The Dev team is working on a hotfix to address some of the more significant problems that were introduced last week, as well as a handful of "low-hanging fruit"-type bugs. We're currently planning to roll it out tomorrow afternoon. This should reduce much of the lag that players have been experiencing recently, eliminate the chat lobby bouncing and return players to the proper game screen after completing a match, rather than to the landing page. Fixes for the remaining bugs will be integrated into scheduled game updates, based on severity.