Sign in to follow this  
AlexManectric

Community Update

AlexManectric

Community Update

The TCGO Community Update Thread

Similar to Prof Mathis' monthly report, I make regular Community Updates talking about the Pokemon Trading Card Online Game with total honesty: bringing you exclusive interviews and studies, as well as adding a personal touch.

My aim here is to highlight key aspects of each part of the online game, to help open players' eyes to what's really going on. You are welcome to post feedback and debate with me in this thread - and I hope that there's some comments below that really get your attention. That is after all the point! Don't forget to share this thread with your friends :)

You can now view the Latest Report (Update #5) in Message #2 directly below. This week we cover an extensive study into the Draws when battling, reflect on the recent Game Updates and pick up on a few new developments in the community you'll want to take a look at. Enjoy!

Best Wishes,

TCGO Queen,

AlexManectric

Edited by AlexManectric

AlexManectric

Latest Community Update

Community Update #5 – 02/08/2013

Introduction

I’ve spent some time since the last Community Update considering the dilemma many professional blogs reach in the early phases: suddenly your trivial content dries up and you’ve got to start thinking how you’re going to continue long into the future without just repeating the same old things. It’s been an interesting process, but thankfully I’ve organised plenty of features I think you’ll enjoy joining me to explore over the coming weeks. To kick things off, I’ve got something that I know is close to the heart of many PvP Battlers: a 600 battle survey into the whether Draws really truly are random.

Over the past 12 days I’ve gathered some great stories about new developments within the Community that if you haven’t already, you’re definitely going to want to take a look at! As always, I’ve got the latest news in the key areas of the game and to wrap things up we’ll take a look at the Game Updates and the intriguing news revealed to us by Prof_Mathis!

PvP Battle

Before we dive into this week’s big story: the Draw Study, I’ll briefly skim over what else has been happening in PvP Battles. As I mentioned in the last Update, it’s rogue decks that are finally stealing the limelight away from the likes of TDK, Keldeo/Blastoise and Darkrai. Even purely Non-EX Decks are mixing it up amongst the big names!

Two of the popular Modified decks I’ve seen this week are the return of Ninetales/Amoonguss, taking advantage of the final few days before Virizion-EX, and Quad Snorlax, which aims to disrupt as much as possible with Snorlax’s irritating ability. Interestingly both of these decks prove to be perfect counters for Gothitelle/Accelgor. For those of you who spotted, I managed to take second place in a recent Modified Forum Tournament with a Non-EX Deck: showing just how possible it is to build a powerful deck without Pokemon-EXs if you really try.

In other Formats, locking decks seem to be the most popular choice. Vileplume and Gothitelle appeared in over 65% of the games I played there, and the remainder was a mix of speed decks including the usual suspects of Smeargle and Tornadus-EX. With the exclusion of Theme Decks from Novice PvP the quality of games there has risen considerably. I was pleasantly surprised to be beaten by a Rogue Charizard deck which managed to get out 6 energy in just two turns, and that’s not even scratching the surface in terms of the variety you can find there! Just remember, don’t go belittling new players with your fine-tuned decks in Novice – but if you want to give it a try, build a deck with just the cards from the free decks and challenge yourself in Novice PvP :)

Feature: Draw Study

Throughout TCGO history, players have spoken about the luck of the draw. Whether it’s good or bad, it’s not hard to find stories of players who have turned a game around by drawing a Juniper at a crucial moment or suffered for drawing 6 energies on Turn 1 of the game. The question I’ve been asking this week is whether the draws in TCGO truly are random, or if perhaps our outcries that we always seem to draw bad cards are actually justified. To do this, I have built 30 decks, ranging from the simple 30/30 mix of Pokemon and Energy right through to decklists copied directly from the Top Players, to ultimately test whether what true randomness predicts I should be getting is actually what I’m dealt. The reason for this wide range of deck types is the ease with which you can analyse the results, as the calculations for what true randomness predicts are much easier to calculate for more basic decks than they are with more complex combinations.

So that you don’t have to deal with the mess I’ve been working on, below is just an example of some of the data I have produced:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 550]

[TD=align: center]Deck No.[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Basic Pokemon[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Energy Cards[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Other (Trainers/Evos)[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Expected Frequency of Mulligans (/20)[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Recorded Number of Mulligans (/20)[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=align: center]30[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0/20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1/20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=align: center]15[/TD]

[TD=align: center]8[/TD]

[TD=align: center]20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2/20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3/20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]14[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3/20[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5/20[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Of course, this is a MASSIVE over-simplification of the data I complied, which not only looked into Mulligans (drawing 0 Basic Pokemon at the start of a game), but also the ratios of each type of card I drew, as well as whether individual cards (such as 1 Ace Spec card) appeared as frequently as they should in the starting draw of 7 cards. The results were extremely interesting...

Whilst I am only able to be 90% confident in my results, I can, overall, conclude that the Game appears to produce roughly random draws for all decks. This should be a huge sigh of relief for many players who use the Game for testing their decks for Tournaments, as well as those who play competitively online. On average, the game produced what would be deemed 'random' results on almost every single tested hypothesis (with only 3 exceptions in 50 different tests - which as I am only 90% accurate probably means I just got unlucky and had rogue results - as you would expect with true randomness)Only two things seemed to stand out to me as glaring issues.

Firstly, when a player Mulligans in his first 7 cards, he is more likely to mulligan a second or third time. Statistically speaking, a significant number of first-hand mulligans lead to another mulligan. Due to the possibilities of anomalous data, I repeated my tests on this hypothesis a second time and again produced statistically significant results (meaning the results I produced were not close to what true randomness should give). A second issue was highlighted when using a card such as Level Ball to search for cards in the deck, which reveals the order of the cards in your deck after the very first shuffle. Statistical analysis shows that cards were distributed slightly more regularly that might be ordinary (ie. I was never seeing 5 Supporters in a row - which should have happened a few times whilst playing 600 games).

Of course, my two surprising results could be down to random statistical variations, and that is ultimately a limitation a survey of even infinite proportions would never overcome. My next step is to inquire at at Staff/Development Team level about exactly how this process is done electronically - and whether it is actually aiming to achieve true randomness or generate 'perfect' randomness, and whether there are any bugs or niggles at play regarding the issues I've highlighted. I hope you appreciate that this information might not be readily shared with me, and that I might not be able to report back on this topic next week. For now however, you can relax and enjoy - the game appears to be as random as anyone might hope and it's certainly as realistic as predictions say it should be. Testers and professional players have nothing to fear, and should carry on playing the game with utmost confidence!

So next time you have 3 Catchers Prized or you can't draw a Supporter, know that the game is being as fair to you as anyone else, that the draws appear to be completely random and that you are very much not alone in your frustrations!

Trading

With the 6-card trade limit finally fixed, Public Offers have returned to normal. Sadly, normal doesn’t mean fair: and with the limit removed, some cards are seemingly being offered for as many packs as a player can be bothered to add. Some good examples of this are the 22 packs someone requested for their Deoxys-EX and a Tropical Beach being sold for a round 75 packs. It’s not the proudest moment for the game when I say that this isn’t really anything out of the ordinary, so perhaps it’s time we as a community step up and work on suggesting ideas on how to deal with this issue. Certainly something needs to be done…

The news in trading this week is the rising demand for cards to compliment the upcoming expansion: Plasma Blast. Older cards such as Virizion (NV), and Victini-EX seem to be being rapidly stocked up on by Profit Traders as these cards will become increasingly popular – so don’t be surprised to have to pay a lot more for these cards in a matter of weeks. Of course, the irony is that very soon, we could realistically be able to purchase these cards for free using Trainer Tokens – and Profit Traders might see a dramatic collapse in the value of their cards, but right now, the gamble to stock up seems to be paying off.

Finally, a word of caution. Players have been Farming Tropical Beaches: by which I mean buying them for as low as possible and immediately selling them off as high as they can, meaning players are paying a lot more for Tropical Beaches than they need to be. If you’re interested in acquiring this card, spend a while keeping an eye out for these ‘middle-man’ players who seem to be purchasing more than their fair share of these exclusive cards and do your best to avoid buying from them: as you might well end up paying much more than you need to. It’s more than a bit irritating that some players in the community try to take advantage of others, but as long as you’re on the ball there’s no need for you to fall victim to them as well!

Lobbies

After last week’s exclusive interview with the TCGO staff, there wasn’t a huge amount of change in moderator activity in the lobbies. Of course, there hasn’t been much time for things to have improved, but with my renewed confidence in the team, I’m sure very soon we’ll see more active moderation in the lobbies.

Sadly, despite asking on multiple occasions, I’m unable to confirm if TCGO are considering adding staff exclusively to help moderate – something I personally feel we will need as this game continues to grow, but right now I think we’re getting by alright. Based on the hours I spent studying the activity in the lobbies, I can at least say with confidence that those harassing or abusing other players were banned within a reasonable time-range provided they were reported – which is a good sign. The only drawback however, is that it relies on players to be vigilant and do their bit to help ensure the safety of others. Whilst I’m confident many of you reading this already do report offending players, I do fear that from time to time many players just sit back idly or are unaware of the report function. For those of you who do know, occasionally why not point it out when you’re chatting in the lobbies?

One of the things I was pleased about this week was that an impressive 78% of all questions asked by new players were answered within the first minute of them asking. This is a great sign that we’re making tracks in the right direction on this subject. Unfortunately the story doesn’t end there however, as only a mere 34% of those answers didn’t come with a sarcastic or offensive comment, normally born out of frustration towards the player asking the question. Yes, I accept sometimes it can be annoying when players ask the same question over and over again, but until they are directed to the appropriate places (FAQs and Guides on the Forums) then they cannot be blamed for not knowing everything they need to about the game. I actually made an extensive report on this subject to the Moderators in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the Forums, and any support would be gratefully received! Until then, let’s hope the community will band together to be more patient with new players’ questions. Well, we can hope, right?

Forums

It has come to my attention that the Forums needs a major update. Not only are certain key features such as a well signposted ‘Help’ section missing from the Forums, but things such as the FAQ Page haven’t been updated since the game became a downloadable client. Naturally, I felt this wasn’t acceptable, and uploaded a report to the Feedback section of the Forums (feel free to read through that). Of course, like most players in the game, I appreciate that there is a LOT going on behind the scenes at TCGO that we don’t know about, but things such as an FAQ to help new players should be given a higher priority status than it clearly has received.

I am not going to point fingers at any individuals here, but yet again I find myself questioning if the TCGO staff are a large enough force to be working on a game growing at the rate it is. Let’s hope that they are able to find the time to work on these things as quickly as possible, but I honestly have doubts that it’s going to happen as soon as it needs to. This is one of the reasons I think we find so many new players at a total loss of what to do – as without enough direction to well-maintained helper guides, they simply aren’t going to find answers to their questions. This is one of the things the community has been very good at working on in the past (and I’ve already seen a new Guide appear to replace the currently outdated one that holds sticky status) but I really wish the Moderators would invest in the resource that is the community just that little bit more. I’m sure there are players out there with the skills and time to pick up on some of the loose ends left behind by the exceedingly busy TCGO staff (who do a great job let’s not forget), but without the permission or support to do so, and with the staff pushing forwards at the rate it is, I think we’re going to uncover more and more holes as time goes on… Hopefully after Plasma Blast is released, the September updates will be much more about fixing and updating rather than trying to bring out new features (sorry to those of you desperate for Tournament Mode)

There are two threads I want to direct your attention to this week: firstly, ‘GB Plasma Blast Discussion’ run by my good friend Gravybeast in the Trading Forum section. Not only do you have your chance to give your opinions on the values of Plasma Blast cards to one of the biggest Traders in the game, but you can win up to 50 packs for your input! I think it’s great that lots of people are taking advantage of this exciting opportunity, so make sure you don’t miss out! Kudos to Gravybeast for making an effort to make sure everyone’s voice is heard :)

The other thread I want to point out to you this week is Prof_Mathis’ July Community Update (in the news section). There are some very exciting previews for upcoming changes to the game, as well as dates for future updates and exactly what to expect when. I’m probably going to talk more about it next week, so it’s definitely worth a read if you want to know what all the fuss is about!

Game Updates

There’s plenty of Game Updates to discuss after the big July Game Update happened earlier on this week. Fortunately it also fixed the Lobby and Forum issues many players were experiencing, and right now everything seems to be working well.

One of the best features released this month was the ability to (finally) spend your Trainer Tokens on booster packs and theme decks. This certainly has been popular amongst the community, with over 8 million Trainer Tokens spent and more than 50,000 booster packs redeemed it was clearly a very popular addition to the game, and further enriches the free-to-play experience. After a bug with a certain pack was fixed, many players seem to have calmed down after the initial rush, though it wouldn’t be surprising to see a lot of tokens spent at the release of the new set in a few weeks’ time! Congratulations to the development team for getting this one sorted and for having a reasonably smooth launch. I’m sure the rest of the community is as excited as I am to see what will be brought out next (and Mathis’ Update is a good hint), but it certainly is a fantastic start.

The ‘New User Filter’ has begun to address some aspects of the game to dramatically help new players. Although it doesn’t address everything it needs to yet, it’s certainly a big step in the right direction for helping new players into the game. The use of the new menu style sits a bit awkwardly on top of the rest of the site right now, but once the game undergoes the planned major artwork overhaul, I’m confident they will fit in perfectly! Some of the information is exceptionally useful and well presented, and though others feel a bit unnecessary, I’m sure upon review these will be tweaked and supplemented to greatly improve access for new players into the game. Credit to the staff who worked on this for doing such a great job!

There’s certainly a lot to read but I hope you've found something in there that’s interested you! It’s been the longest write-up ever at a full 7 hours (plus endless research, interviews and analysis), but I hope you guys feel it’s been worth it! Next week I’m aiming to bring you follow-up to the research done on PvP Battle Draws, all the regulars plus a look forward to the new expansion: Plasma Blast and its possible effect on the community. Make sure you join me - It’s going to be a… Urm… ‘Blast’!

AlexManectric

Edited by AlexManectric

AlexManectric

Archived Reports

Community Update #1 - 16/06/2013

PvP Battles

It’s been an interesting week in PvP. I’m finally beginning to see some more variety in expert mode beyond TDK – Big Basics, RayEels and Gothitelle/Accelgor decks are popping up from time to time which is always a nice challenge. I think many decks are still taking advantage of the Deoxys bug to get away with running Mewtwo without the risk of being one-shotted, but I’m sure that will be resolved very soon.

A lot of people have been complaining of ‘Rage Quitters’ this week. For those of you who aren’t sure what that is, it’s players who disconnect during the game when the situation isn’t in their favour – normally at the very beginning of the game or at the end. Personally, of the 51 games I’ve played this week 37 have ended in disconnection. Whilst others may be frustrated at this however, I’ve come to realise this is confirmation I’ve got a strong deck. Though it is a shame, I can’t help it if people chose to end a game prematurely but I always know I can challenge my friends if I want a really good game so for me, I’m just making the most of the situation as it is. I’ll touch on this subject later in the Forums Section.

Trading

The trading system still suffers from a few issues, most specifically the issue regarding of trying to add more than one item at a time, but on the whole it seems to be functioning smoothly.

Public trades are as varied as ever. I doubt there will ever come a time when we see ‘fair trading’ there, and this week was no exception. Some of the highlights include 1 pack for a SR Catcher and someone offering their FA Deoxys for 26 packs… Possibly the issue behind this is the community’s separation from the forums leaving many players unaware of even roughly what their cards are worth, but I also have to concede that there are a large number of players still trying to exploit the naivety of others. It’s a shame these people are still active in the game, but I think we’re starting to see improvements in awareness and a drop in the number of unfair trades being accepted.

Lobbies

Censorship in the lobbies has reached a definite low point, with people finding more new ways past the censor every day. This week alone I’ve reported 14 people for offenses including profanity and harassment. Some people still don’t understand that young children can and do play this game, and some of the messages they post in lobbies simply aren’t appropriate in this environment. It’s a real shame that as a community we aren’t more vigilant against these users, including having the patience to put up with the friend filter to report people when necessary. The moderators are always on the case and I’m glad in the knowledge of that, but the number of people posting wildly inappropriate comments seems to be growing by the day, which I’m certainly concerned about.

Another topic to discuss about the lobbies is the rising number of people who ‘spam’ the lobbies with their copied and pasted messages. I find it infuriating when eight or nine people will post their copied ‘Go check my binder I want packs now!’ message into not one but all 4 lobbies within the space of a minute, turning the lobbies into little more than an advertising board. Whilst I can appreciate people want to engage in trading, the frequency of these messages is ruining the quality of conversations in the lobbies. A good example of this is the Post-E3 discussion I was enjoying which was rudely interrupted by 4 players who repeatedly spammed their ‘Trade with me’ messages. Even after blocking them, two more popped up so I decided to abandon the conversation with reasonable frustration. I’d love to know if there are people out there (apart from those who post these messages) who actually enjoy reading them and follow up every one – because from where I’m sitting these people are just as bad as spammers who repeatedly write ‘sssssss’ into the lobbies to get some attention.

Forums

It’s been an up and down week for me on the Forums, but I’ll try to keep this impersonal. Firstly, my Trading Card League tournament hit 2000 posts, which was a fantastic achievement to the team involved with it! If you haven’t yet seen the challenge, head over to the PvP Discussion Part of the Forums and check it out – we can take an unlimited number of particpants!

In less pleasant news there was an incident on the forums over some aggressive content. The moderators have done a great job at dealing with it, but I really question the community’s willingness to help with the moderation task. Very few people are aware of the Report button at the bottom right of every post – but pressing it will directly alert moderators to inappropriate content, and hopefully get it removed from the site. I have to stress again that this is a game for children and it really upsets me when people here on the forums think they can get away with comments that simply aren’t suitable for that audience. It’s time we as a community start to help with this censorship process, as we’re just not seeing enough vigilance on the matter.

To catch up on an earlier point, one of the big suggestion threads of recent days has been over trying to deal with Rage Quitters. It’s been interesting to see both sides of the story – but the overall conclusion is that it’s simply not fair or possible to implement. Sadly people don’t seem to be getting this message, as similarly to the EX discussions that took place in the PvP section, new threads asking the same question seem to keep popping up. It would be great if people could take the time to read through existing threads on their subject before posting their own, as it would reduce the number of times the ‘discussion’ needs to take place – also reducing the burden on Profs who have to respond to every one of these requests.

I’ve created some Forum Guides which I’ve posted to the PvP and Online Trading Zone part of the forums. If you haven’t seen them yet, be sure to check them out. On there is not only a helper for new players to work out where to post in the right place, but also a reminder of some of the rules that players definitely skip over when they sign up to play the game. So far it’s received positive feedback, so I’m hoping they will achieve sticky status – as I truly believe it will help reduce the number of dodgy threads on the Forum. Like I said, check them out

I think the theme this week in TCGO is the need to revive the sense of community that was far more apparent in the Flash Version of the game than we’re seeing now… Every individual has some responsibility to help make the game more enjoyable for others, and it’s time we come to realise that. This could be through people not posting inappropriate material, more players sticking it out in PvP and especially more willingness to report players. Not only will this make TCGO a better game to play, but it will also help reduce the number of incidents we see in the game. That’s all from me this week, but I’ll be back soon with another community update.

AlexManectric

Community Update #2 - 28/06/2013

Introduction

I decided to re-write my Community Update this week completely from scratch at the last minute in light of recent events, so apologies for the delay. Honesty, I believe, is always the key – and I promise to be as open as possible about the topics I plan to go over today. I have decided to write comments about this week’s update separately at the end, and will break down my thoughts on everything that the changes have brought.

PvP Battles

Rage Quitting seems to be as frequent as ever amongst PvP Random Matchup Battles. This week 72% of my battles ended with the opponent leaving before the end, and 4 of the times this was enough to prevent me from getting my daily Battle Token Bonus. Whilst this is frustrating, I’ve finally accepted that this is just a normal part of any online multiplayer game (though TCG seems to be notoriously bad for it right now). It would be unfair to criticise the developers for this – as any course of action has obvious negative points, but instead turn to question the morals of the TCGO Community. Sadly it seems we’re reaching a majority of immature players and it’s starting to take its toll on the rest of the Community who are just out for a good game. It would be great if this issue could be addressed quickly, but I fear we will never truly be able to stop people conceding games and ruining the experience for others.

One major issue with the release of Plasma Freeze is the exponentially rising popularity of Plasma Decks: namely Thundurus/Deoxys/Kyurem(/Lugia). A whopping 85% of my games this week were against this deck in Expert/Modified with the remaining 15% largely being against the Mew/Gothitelle/Accelgor deck. Sadly this makes games much less surprising, and providing you have a reasonable counter-deck, much less enjoyable to play. Perhaps the introduction of Tropical Beach might promote a few more rogue decks, but with such a large number of EXs now able to OHKO a lot of Basics, it sadly doesn’t look like the prominent decks in PvP are going to be changing any time soon…

Trading

Surprise surprise, we find very little has changed in terms of Trading. My highlight trade of the week goes to the player who offered a whopping 5 Plasma Freeze packs for 4 Secret Rare Gold Catchers. Yes, it seems Public Trades are notoriously bad and remaining that way for the foreseeable future.

Private Trading seems to be just as difficult nowadays, with many people becoming overly-aggressive over the value of their cards. It seems everyone refuses to give away their cards for anything less than they are worth in their minds, but with a surprising number of people clinging dearly onto their cards, it makes it more and more difficult for people to find what they need to finish their decks…

Plasma Freeze cards are steadily dropping in value, as to be expected as more and more of them enter collections. It is likely we’ll see them settling down over the next fortnight or so, as the market begins to saturate with Plasma Freeze cards.

Lobbies

The Lobby Spammers (you know who you are) are at it better than ever, with plenty of people copy and pasting ‘Trade with me because I have everything’ messages in all 4 Lobbies simultaneously just to compete with another person who’s posted an almost identical message. Fantastic. It’s resulted in a deteriorating quality of conversations in the Lobbies, so perhaps it’s time groups organise to meet in the separate chat rooms just so their messages aren’t replaced instantaneously with ‘mass-traders’ (as I shall now refer to them as) trying to attract more attention.

I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever be able to elect regular players to help with monitoring of Lobbies. Honestly I don’t ever see the TCGO staff being able to deal 24/7 with the number of non-child-friendly messages, abuse and verbal attacks we see in the lobbies, not to mention spammers and scammers, as the TCGO staff have important things to do elsewhere. This is not a criticism of the TCGO staff, don’t get me wrong. They do a fantastic job wherever and whenever they can - but I’m more concerned about the policing resources the community currently has, and whether they’re simply inadequate to protect many younger users from some of the comments I’ve had to witness this week.

Forums

First and foremost I would like to apologise for becoming overly-defensive over a message posted by a player who returned to TCGO after some time. I guess we all get a bit passionate about things we work very hard on and sometimes it’s difficult to keep that passion back. I should say very clearly that I am all for more tournaments in the forums, and that my concern was purely to do with the lack of research done by the player before posting. I assure all reading this that the two of us have spoken at length and are on good terms.

One of the reasons I drew my earlier conclusion about the lack of time of the Moderating team here in TCGO was the result of a reply made by our own Community Manager following a request I placed asking for a quick bit of help in my thread, the Trading Card League. In the past, I’ve had absolutely no issues with Moderators helping me out a bit with requests identical to the one I’ve posted, but it seems now that the Moderating team simply have better things to do. Whilst I am fully understanding of this, and accept that there are genuinely more important things for the team to do than delete a few messages, I am saddened that the TCGO staff are so strained that they cannot take a few minutes out of their schedule to help someone with a slightly less important request once in a while… Please call me out here if you think I’m being harsh in suggesting this (and really do feel free to tell me below if you think I am), but personally I was a bit surprised by the ***** comments made in response to my request. Being active on several other forums (and a moderator myself) has highlighted to me the importance of a helpful and responsive moderating force, and whilst I know the TCGO staff do have a lot on their plate, sometimes little things can make a big difference to the atmosphere for some players.

TCGO Client Updates: 27/06

It’s always unfair to expect things from the update – so I will not complain about the still-lack of Non-EX modes in PvP, but instead compliment the development team on getting Avatar Creator up and running again (I’ve almost managed to rebuild mine, except there’s no longer an option to change face shapes) with no apparent bugs or glitches. As well as this, the new home screen certainly was a surprise, and makes navigating about the site a little more easy if you’re new to the game.

Sigh, I really didn’t want to have to talk so negatively about the state of the game (ever) because I really do feel strongly about this game and want it to do well, but following the most recent update I’m simply staggered by how many steps back the Client has taken… The number of bugs, dramatic increase in lag and difficulties with various tasks that were previously straightforward has infuriated me to the point where I’m simply unable to play the game again until some improvements are made.

By far and away however, the worst update is the return of the Disconnection Timer. For those who aren’t aware what this is, play a PvP Random Matchup, and 72% of the time your opponent will disconnect, triggering this effect. If your opponent closes the client down (to end the game before they lose) then a message will come up on the screen of the player left in the game, telling them that they will be awarded the win if they wait 5 minutes. Not only is this a complete waste of any player’s time to sit there inactive for nothing they have done wrong, the game does not allow you to do or click anything (including conceding the game yourself). This means that the player who has done nothing wrong ends up being punished and suffers five minutes of complete boredom. My real problem with this however, is that it shows a direct contradiction to the TORRENT of threads complaining about Rage Quitters. It shows the developers have not been listening to our suggestions and complaints on the matter – and instead have implemented a feature to make the matter even worse. I was very disappointed when I saw this feature back in TCGO, and I honestly want to see it gone as quickly as possible. At the very least, it might give some players confidence that their ideas are being heard…

Themes for this week? Well, having just re-written my article in light of the recent updates I think the tone this week is one of disappointment. Disappointment that the updates have taken the game backwards in certain areas, disappointment that the moderating team is so strained and disappointment that the Community still refuses to show a sporting attitude, both in Battles and in Trading. Once again, I look to you, the reader, to do your bit and spread the message in the home that we can turn this around and start working towards a brighter future for TCGO again.

AlexManectric

Community Update #3- 10/07/2013

Introduction

For the Community, I feel like this has been a much improved week. Though PvP is still suffering from the dreaded Rage Quitters, I feel like the community is finally starting to fight back – most effectively via the forums. Tropical Beach was released into the game over the past week, and I’ll be touching on that in this week’s Trading review as well.

After a series of fixes at the beginning of last week, I truly believe the state of the game has much improved since before the BIG June update made on the 27th. I have not experienced a single heap error, and now, without the lag and frustrations with chat I’m beginning to notice all the subtle changes that have been made throughout the client, and I’m very much enjoying playing the game again. I’ll go through this in more detail in the ‘Game Updates’ section below.

PvP Battles

After Mew/Gothitelle/Accelgor won TCG nationals earlier this week, it’s definitely not surprising to see this deck appearing more frequently in PvP. I’ve seen some very interesting variants too – such as the inclusion of Dusknoir, which can make this deck a very formidable opponent when set up. Tropical Beach being added to the mix has really helped this deck shine amidst the various EX-Based decks, which tend to have very little counter once Gothitelle is up and active – though Virbank Gym is still performing very well in this deck as well. The best counter to this deck I have seen so far is Big Basics which has teched in Ninetales from Dragon’s Exhaulted. Give this one a try if you’re struggling to overcome Gothitelle – as Ninetales’ ability might be just give you the break you’re looking for!

Another interesting deck I’ve seen this week is Speed Tornadus. Plasma Freeze Tornadus is capable of doing 180 Damage from the very first turn (though I’ve only seen this pulled off once) and can very easily ramp up damage when coupled with Thundurus and Deoxys EX. I think this is finally a sign that people are starting to move away from the Meta to experiment with more fun and risky decks, and I’m certainly excited to see what surprises this may throw up. Sadly I don’t think we’re quite past this stage yet, as I’m still facing a lot of TDK, but I’m finally starting to see more variety – and I have good faith that the community will bring more and more of it over the coming weeks before Plasma Blast.

Trading

I think I have to start with Tropical Beach this week, as it has dominated many Forum Threads and pulled off some of the most controversial Public Offers I have ever seen. I have been speculating for a while about the number of Beach codes that would actually find their way online, and it seems that so far we’ve only seen a reasonably small percentage of the total number of codes released, resulting in a correspondingly high price to deal with the high demand. All fairly logical so far. Hopefully prices will drop steadily as more codes trickle in, but I fear that unless we’re able to redeem our tokens for beaches, this demand will never come close to being satisfied… (Are you spotting the hint there Developers?) However, it is extremely positive to see the card in the game after so many requests for it – and credit to the TCGO staff for working out a clever way to introduce it!

I think my only criticism of the introduction of Tropical Beach is the types of players that have received codes. These come in two types: Big Budget Traders (let’s call them ‘Profit Traders’ from now on – you know who I’m on about – people who spam Public Trades and the Lobbies buying and selling stuff) who have been stocking up on beaches to sell off to make a HUGE amount of profit, or players who have never played TCGO before, who sadly tend to be selling their beaches to the Profit Traders. I really hope this doesn’t result in exponentially higher prices for Tropical Beaches, though with current trends, once the number of new codes being entered dries up, this is likely to happen. It is definitely a fear for me as an active trader AND battler that multiple Tropical Beaches might get locked up in accounts of players holding on to them to wait for big profits, rather than being spread around…

Plasma Freeze Packs have finally saturated the market, to the point where they are now comfortably traded 1 for 1 with other packs. I am fascinated to see whether the value of older booster packs, especially those with valuable cards such as Boundaries Crossed and Dark Explorers, will rise over the coming months as codes become more scare as fewer players will buy these boosters in real life. We could very realistically enter a situation where players only buy Plasma Boosters (PS, PF and PB) and the community supply of BC, DEX and DRX starts to dry up, causing them to go up in price. However, this is merely a stray thought for the future – and right now the headline news is the declined value of Plasma Freeze relative to other sets.

My Public Trade of the week this week goes to the people who offer 20-30 cards for a single booster pack. At first, I merely regarded these as a way for people to get rid of commons, but then I noticed that these offers include all the Pokemon required for a single deck – sometimes 2 or 3 evolutions lines, which is a real bargain! I’ve actually accepted three of these this week – one Eeveelution set, one Plasma Beartic Holo set and one Charizard set which I have to say is an incredible bargain and a great way to get rid of your unused cards for some useful Booster Packs. If you’re sitting on a lot of cards you’re not using, why not give this a go yourself and help liberate the card stocks a bit more!

Lobbies

I feel this is the only section this week where I feel I have to say something slightly critical. With many schools around the world breaking up for summer, a Tidal Wave of brand new TCGO players have arrived and whilst this is fantastic for the future of the game, the newer players tend to deteriorate the quality of conversations in the lobbies. This is not something we generally can blame them for – but just a reality of any form of online chat lobby. Whilst most of this is harmless repetition of novice questions, I am noticing more and more instances of players sharing inappropriate comments and thoughts with each other in Public Chat, and I find myself reaching for the report button a little too much… I’m sure the moderating staff will be expanded in due course to deal with this – but for now I urge you not to let this slide, and to help to your bit to make the game safe and friendly by reporting players who do not abide by the rules. In response to the increasing number of novice questions, I hope that developers will pick up on suggestions to improve access to Forum-Based guides to increase the number of people reading them as this should help to reduce the number of blind new players.

Forums

For me, this has been the biggest community success of recent days. For a long time, I have been urging players not to waste time complaining about things they don’t like in TCGO, and instead do something pro-active to deal with the situation as it is. Finally, I feel like my message has got through – and not only do we now have a Non-EX Group based in the Forums, we also have new styles of Tournaments and clubs for people to join to suit every individual’s taste – something it would take the development teams years to do. Congratulations not only to those who spend a lot of time and effort starting and maintaining these groups, but also to every individual who has signed up, for you are all helping to improve the experience for players around you, and this is a fantastic mark on the community’s maturity. It should not be under-valued – you are making a very positive impact in the community. Well done you!

On a personal note: I’ve hit some big landmarks in the Forums and just wanted to mention them here. My Trading Card League Tournament, now the biggest tournament in TCGO History, reached 2,500 posts and passed 400 challengers – which is yet another milestone the amazingly dedicated team have breezed by with very little recognition. I just wanted to thank them and Gym Leaders of the past for their incredible and relentless contributions, which makes the experience so much better for every player who stumbles across the League.

My other achievement was being awarded sticky status for my two Forum Guides. I’m pleased to see that they are climbing in views, and I hope making the rules more apparent for players both new and old. It’s nice to have signposts to help newer players, and I’m definitely noticing some reductions in the number of pointless, incorrectly located or rule-breaching threads over the past few days – a small percentage I hope was due to my threads. I’m thrilled to see the Forums beginning to clear up and the ratio of higher quality material increase!

Game Updates

After the tone of my last article, I am genuinely delighted to be able to speak so positively about the game. A complete turnaround in the space of just 12 days. Now that I’m not focussing on lag or annoying changes I’m spotting more and more benefits the new updates have brought, and I’d like to cover a few of them now.

Firstly, the game has seen a significant reduction in lag. I am now able to easily send 50 trades (which I’ve had to do just to keep up with requests due to the 6 item limit!) without a delay in the responsiveness of the game, and I’ve not had a single heap error since. This makes the game much more enjoyable to play, and the interface less frustrating.

I’d like to compliment the developers working on the new page. I actually posted an extensive feedback and suggestion article on this, but will include a few quotes here just to give you a feel for it. “On the whole, I'm actually very excited by the new front page. It's colourful, slick and interesting” and personally I think much more enjoyable than the black menu bar. I’m also pleased with the functionality of the menu, how slick the interface is and the return of the information bar (previously used in the Flash Version of the game during the loading pages). It gives me confidence that when this style is extended to other areas of the client we’re going to see very positive results.

Now that I’m now longer blinded, I’ve noticed several other smaller touches that make the game just that little bit better – the removal of Theme Decks from PvP Random Matchup being the one I’ve noticed the most. The developers have cleaned up little things in the game that might not even be noticed by a lot of players, but that are definitely making a difference.

This clearly shows the client is moving in the right direction overall, even if it takes two or three steps to get there. I think it’s important to still voice complaints when updates are not satisfactory (at the very least so it keeps the developers aware of what is highest priority) but from now on I think I will be able to sit through the monthly big game update maintenance periods confident that eventually the client will see dramatic improvements – even if they’re not immediate. Thank you to the development team for making such dramatic improvements in such a short amount of time.

This week, I’m happy to conclude on positives. There’s a lot to take away from this week’s update that we can be proud of as a community and I hope you are just as excited as I am for the future of the game. It’s strange what a difference just a week and a half has made, so let’s hope that we can do just as much good between now and the next update! Once again, well done you for making the TCGO environment that much nicer – whether you’ve been developing the game, joining or starting Forum groups or just giving a wild deck a go in PvP. You’re making the game a more enjoyable experience so please don’t stop!

AlexManectric

Community Update #4 - 19/07/2013

Introduction

A quieter week in TCGO. There have been no major developments in the game, but there’s plenty of exciting news outside the game from Nintendo! This week I think we’ve seen a continuation of many trends that were beginning to develop, but there’s one or two things that have really caught my eye I hope to share with you over the next few paragraphs. One of the things you might notice as you read this is how hard it has been to categorise some of my thoughts this week, as they span two or three categories – but bear with me and I hope it all makes sense in the end.

For the first time, I’m able to bring you an exclusive interview. Though I’m not able to reveal specifically who I have been speaking to, I can share with you some interesting things from behind the doors of the TCGO offices – so this week is definitely worth a read! Thank you to the Staff who were able to answer some of my questions.

PvP Battles

The spreadsheet this week tell me rogue decks are certainly on the up! A surprisingly high 68% of my games were against more original decks, including things such as Quad Kyurem, Flareon/Weavile/Exeggcute and my personal favourite of the week, a Victini/Deoxys medley which aims to do 150 damage Turn 1 with a single energy! It seems the TCGO Battlers have got their creative juices in full flow and are starting to take advantage of the quirky cards the current format has to offer – and this definitely makes for more interesting and exciting gameplay.

Thanks to the exclusion of Theme Decks from PvP Modified/Unlimited games I’m finally able to reliably play consecutive high-quality games for the first time since TCGO first began. I feel like finally the filters are doing their job and matching me up with people who are playing for the same reasons I am and it’s generally much more enjo- Wait, they’ve just Rage Quit on me. See you in 5 minutes I guess…..

Trading

One of the things that really bugs me in TCGO are Public Offers. There are two big problems with it – firstly, that a vast percentage of offers are ludicrously unfair and secondly that it is a common tool for ‘Profit Traders’ to spam away. I discovered a way to filter Public Trades to see every single offer live at the moment I hit refresh, and what I witnessed simply astounded me. From trades offering commons for Full Arts through to an individual with over 600 trades live, Public Offers truly are out of control. With no regulation, it’s easy to understand how new players are scammed out of their best cards and how Profit Traders are able to go about their business. It certainly didn’t make for pleasant reading, and honestly made me question why TCGO haven’t done anything about this yet.

Obviously it’s impossible for the developers to say ‘this card is worth x amount’ and filter out all trades more than a certain range away from this but instead, I blame a lack of direction towards the forums, where there are numerous threads offering estimations on what cards might actually be worth. If more players were guided towards the Forums, we might see a drop in naivety from players throughout the site, and perhaps a decline in the success of the outrageous public offers we are currently experiencing. This example in particular highlights just how powerful the Forums are, and stresses the importance of driving more traffic towards the many threads (particularly guides) that it has to offer.

I’ve been conducting an experiment this week of the find the average number of Secret Rares and Full Arts used in a single deck. To keep this test fair, I’ve been playing in all four formats in as equal quantities as possible (though I only managed to find 4 opponents in Novice/Modified) and used a Durant deck to maximise the number of cards I get to see in a single deck – and then accounting for the number of cards I don’t see using a rather long-winded formula. The results ranged from the predictable 0 right the way up to a 48% Full-Art/Secret Rare deck – with almost every other card in this deck a reverse holo. Using Gravybeast’s prices this produced a range of deck ‘costs’ from 0 (players using only cards obtained for free) right the way up to an incredible 322 pack-value deck. It seems TCGO is not short on diversity then. What is rather more surprising however, is the average number of Secret Rare/Full Art cards – which was a mere 0.7 average per deck. This is a surprisingly low number considering the quantities of these cards believed to be in collections throughout the game, and makes me wonder just how many multiple copies some ‘Profit Traders’ (a term we defined in the last article) are really holding onto… It seems as TCGO matures, it’s possible we might see increasing numbers of more expensive cards no longer be even remotely easy to obtain as more and more of them get locked away in Profit Traders’ accounts (something we’re already witnessing with Gold Catcher).

Briefly on the subject of Tropical Beach, I am still growing increasingly concerned with the numbers being stocked up by ‘Profit Traders’. It’s very easy to trace players in the lobbies who are stocking up and refusing to sell them and whilst there is nothing inherently wrong with this opportunism, it does make me feel sorry for the vast majority of the community who are soon very quickly going to find it impossible to acquire a Tropical Beach for anything less than 50 or so packs (let’s not forget that’s around 100-120 US dollars). Developers, if there was ever a reason to ensure we can purchase Tropical Beach with our tokens in the future, here it is!

Lobbies

It transpired this week that it is actually easier to trade for a Deoxys EX FA in the lobbies than it is to acquire a common Eevee. From 10 attempts for each card, I received 37 different private messages from people trying to sell me a Deoxys compared with just two who were willing to take time out of their day to trade me a simple common. With so many Profit Traders focusing only on the big budget trades, very few people who actually use the in-game lobbies seem to care about helping those with very simple needs. This doesn’t reflect particularly well on the community – and though I don’t want to go as far as to call many players greedy, there certainly isn’t much evidence to the contrary at this point. I’m hoping that my experiment was anomalous and that this isn’t really an accurate representation of players’ attitudes towards helping others – so I urge players to make an extra special effort this week to prove me wrong, get out there and when you can, help out every player in need!

Trade Spamming is a real mood-killer in the lobbies right now, and personally I wouldn’t mind if copying and pasting could be removed from chat options just so that I don’t have to see the same message pop up 6 times a minute (in all 4 lobbies simultaneously no less). It is as if every person posting a message along the lines of ‘Check out my binder…’ is simply trying to outdo each other by having the most recent message in all 4 lobbies at once and it’s incredibly frustrating when you want to have a conversation with more than one person. From now on, if you ever want a decent conversation – head on over to the empty Rules Lobby (because who discusses the rules?) where you can find me and other like-minded people to have a good old-fashioned, spam-free chat. Or perhaps it’s just impossible to be online anymore without someone trying to sell you things you really don’t need?

I witnessed a very interesting conversation twice this week in the lobbies. Several players were debating about the role of Moderators in TCGO, and how they appear to have very little presence within the game. Whilst both sides made some well-reasoned points, I decided to find some answers for myself. I managed to speak with an official member of the TCGO staff, who was able to answer the following questions:

What percentage of time do moderators actually spend moderating the lobbies and Forums?

It varies dramatically from person to person, but ‘Profs’ have a vast number of duties outside of moderating that takes up a reasonable amount of their time.

Could you share with me what any of these duties are?

I can’t tell you much, but some duties include work going towards future developments for the game.

Is there are reason we rarely see moderators online?

Moderators have the ability to appear invisible to maximise their productivity when online in-game. There are always Moderators around, but often you won’t be able to see them. They will of course respond to any reports made as quickly as possible.

From this then, it seems we can rest slightly easier in good faith that we’re being watched over and looked after. Of course, these comments don’t completely put to bed the growing concerns within the community that the moderating staff needs to be expanded – but based on other questions made, I am reasonably confident that this is something the TCGO team will be working on over the coming months. For now, just remember to do your bit: report players when necessary and help those who need it.

Forums

One of the things I’ve noticed in the Forums this week is the increasing number of people with Signatures. This fantastic feature available to all players gives them the ability to create and save a unique message which will appear at the bottom of every post they make. Many people seem to be using their signatures for fun things – such as a Pokepun or funny joke which definitely brightens up the Forum scene. Some people have chosen to advertise their roleplays, tournaments or trade threads in their signatures which is perfectly commendable in the majority of cases, but I’m beginning to notice a thread of arrogance running amongst a few players – each trying to outdo the list their friends or rivals may have. Whilst it’s great to be proud of what you’re doing, and smart to use signatures as a way to draw in more people to whatever content you have on the Forums, remember that humility is a virtue that can go a long way when making an impression.

Following a request made on the thread earlier this week, I’ve spent several hours going through a part of the Forum I’ve never actually visited before – the Roleplays & Forum Games section (actually the section of the forum with the highest number of posts!) and was pleasantly surprised. There are some very creative and interesting ideas here, and the enthusiasm and creativity of all the people who are active really shines through. It feels like a community within the community – with players from TCGO who have been active for as long as I have who I simply haven’t run into before! It’s amazing to see the things that have been developing right under my nose without me realising, and I want to congratulate everyone involved with such a dynamic part of the Forums for working on something so fun and engaging! I hope to spend more time on this part of the Forums for now on, and thank you to TURTWIG5848 for opening my eyes to this! Be sure to give these threads a chance if you’ve been a bit unsure before!

Game Updates

As I said at the start, there’s not been any major game updates to report on, though we have had a series of maintenances, both scheduled and unscheduled during the past few days. What I’ve been really impressed by during this is the change in attitude of the community over this issue. In days gone by, it was not unusual for 8-10 threads to pop up across the Forums full of people complaining about game disruptions and attacking various members of the TCGO staff for (apparently) not doing their job properly, but I haven’t seen a single thread of this nature during some rather frequent interruptions recently and it’s made me feel very proud. It’s great to see far more players getting behind the game and not complaining when things don’t go quite according to plan. Even feedback on the less-than-perfect game updates at the beginning of this month were generally maturely phrased and much less aggressive than I am used to seeing. This is a positive mark for the growth of this community – and I’m very hopeful this trend will continue in the days to come.

Can someone go back and re-read all the things I’ve been spewing about and find a theme for me? No? Urm… To be honest, I think it’s been a mixed bag – but not one of severe extremes for once. There are things to be pleased about, and things to think about for the future, but nothing as game-changing as reports gone by. Go click on some part of the Forum you haven’t before, help a newbie out and trade him that common he’s been asking for in the lobbies for the past 5 minutes and please, join me again soon for another community report!

AlexManectric

Edited by AlexManectric

Walrus58

Thanks for a great post, Alexmanectric!

I have just one comment about trading. It's true that a large number of the public trade offers are really bad--an Eevee for a Deoxys EX and the like. The trading board is sometimes good for a laugh. But most of these don't look dishonest to me: instead they look like trades posted by young kids who don't have a good sense of the value of things and for whom their own desires are much more real than the desires of others. They need education more than discipline. Perhaps someone should make a kid-friendly video about fair trading. Or has someone already?

Of course, I have no idea how you'd get everyone to watch it.

Calvin-Cool
Thanks for a great post, Alexmanectric!

I have just one comment about trading. It's true that a large number of the public trade offers are really bad--an Eevee for a Deoxys EX and the like. The trading board is sometimes good for a laugh. But most of these don't look dishonest to me: instead they look like trades posted by young kids who don't have a good sense of the value of things and for whom their own desires are much more real than the desires of others. They need education more than discipline. Perhaps someone should make a kid-friendly video about fair trading. Or has someone already?

Of course, I have no idea how you'd get everyone to watch it.

Yeah well you're right. I did make a thread about it but it got lost.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?34841-Fair-Trading-Guide

Walrus58
Yeah well you're right. I did make a thread about it but it got lost.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?34841-Fair-Trading-Guide

That was a good post, Calvin, and it ought to be bumped or made sticky.

One more little point about rage quitting. I never concede--or only if there are many turns ahead and a certain loss at the end. But just this morning I was getting beaten up pretty badly in a game, and my program just froze in the middle of some operation. My opponent probably thought I had rage quit.

Things aren't always what they seem.

Dr-Professor

I have a quick question about the P v. P section. What Deoxys bug are you talking about? You said it allows people to "get away with running Mewtwo". What do you mean by that? Just curious. I don't run Deoxys, so I don't really know what you're talking about. Thanks.

Walrus58

Found a post about it. Apparently when Deoxys EX attacks it counts Double Colorless as only one energy and doesn't apply weakness.

Hmm, I seem to recall I had a Mewtwo around here somewhere . . .

AlexManectric

Next Update will be on the 24th

pokewat

About Rage quitters, today i battled 3 people consecutively who conceded in various parts of the game with my new deck. There should be a punishment for it. To be fair, i rage quit once myself in a battle today when the opponent played only EX's.

LordVorminious

I dont see the problem with rage quitters..i mean i have quit many a game when i have had to leave and it was getting long drawn. So long its not an official or important match its not compulsory to play till the end. Ive quit quite many games on the verge of winning as well..just because it was getting boring. Its good enough people cant stall indefinitely when losing anymore, so i think the ragequitting issue is not a big deal.

matthew69

Trust me there are a lot worse things than ragequitters... I have had people blatantly stall for time versus me before until I concede even though I was about to win.

Also no mention of my QuadSnorlax and StoutLock decks dominating the Expert-Modified.

Edited by matthew69

pokewat
Trust me there are a lot worse things than ragequitters... I have had people blatantly stall for time versus me before until I concede even though I was about to win.

Also no mention of my QuadSnorlax and StoutLock decks dominating the Expert-Modified.

I have yet to find something that is more irritating. Yesterday, i made a new deck and had people quit me in 3 consecutive matches when i was about to draw the last prize or got a strong pokemon energied up till i got so worked up that i did something that got me muted. Also, Great to see some non-EX decks are winning in Expert. I got thoroughly trashed in Expert and won 3 games out of 11 i played.

Edited by pokewat

OverlordMMM

One issue I see with the community aspect is the way the chat is set up. I'm pretty sure a lot of newer players are unaware of the different chatrooms. In fact, only lobbies seem to have any activity in there.

I'd suggest encouraging people to actually use the features the way they are intended. As such, I will be in the Casual Strategy room in addition to the lobbies if anyone is up for conversation.

Shogun_Warrior

I tend to agree with you overlord.Howerver, not everyone has explored all the abilities of the game yet or checked out all of the icons.By this I mean the newest players have not gotten a feel for things yet.In time things will be used for their intended purpose such as they were in the old format of the game.We are still in new territory as far as discovering what is going to be the final version of pokemon tcgo. But as we go through our daily routine of battling and trading and making more and more friends world wide through pokemon tcgo. Everyone will get a better feel for the icons,chat lobbies and trading systems and even building decks.Even I must admit their are things im still discovering and ive been on here a long long time. I believe that given time; trainers will gain experience and knowledge. With these 2 things in mind, all things will come together as one. Well have a nice day all and stay strong. Later.

PrinceofNovice

The unfair trading in the game is definitely my least favorite quality of TCGO. That is why I am putting together a trading group. This group will be based on trust. All trainers who join this group will share there collection with other group members. if a group member is looking to battle with a powerful deck because they just started and want to play on expert for fun, then the group pulls together to lend them the cards they need. That's where the trust comes in. When you done you have to give the cards back when they are needed by the original owner.

PrinceofNovice

Also I will freely give all code cards i obtain to those who do not have cards to trade because they are all locked. No one else in the group will have to do this. So if your one of those beginners that just cant seem to get the cards you want. get a hold of me on TCGO and i will gladly lend you the cards.:)

aichi512

hey why is PTCGO offline cause I cant log into my account for some reason

pkmnkingnik
hey why is PTCGO offline cause I cant log into my account for some reason

maintenance

rileyy

great report!

cmgames4321

is pokemon up for enybody up yet

Dr-Professor
Also I will freely give all code cards i obtain to those who do not have cards to trade because they are all locked. No one else in the group will have to do this. So if your one of those beginners that just cant seem to get the cards you want. get a hold of me on TCGO and i will gladly lend you the cards.:)

Hey, that's a great thing to do for people. Putting yourself above others is huge. I might join your group, but I'm not sure if I can trust everyone out there. There would have to be some serious collateral going on. Also, I know a guy who would love to have some of the free codes. He doesn't have any tradeable cards right now, and I know it would mean a lot to him. His name is Falcon493. So, if you see him, talk to him about what you do and he might want one or two codes. Again, that's a great thing you're doing. You don't see many people doing that any more.So kudos to you!! Good luck and God bless!!

PrinceofNovice

Thank you DR PROFESSOR. But i wouldn't say I'm putting myself above others, I'm just creating an easier trading system for those who want to enjoy the good cards without having to make a ridiculous trade or wait and spend lots of money for codes. And yes; I know it is hard to trust others but sometimes you just have to take a jump and who knows. maybe the ledge isn't as high as you think and you will land safe.:)

cmgames4321

hey guys please tell me if pokemon is up yet

Dr-Professor
Thank you DR PROFESSOR. But i wouldn't say I'm putting myself above others, I'm just creating an easier trading system for those who want to enjoy the good cards without having to make a ridiculous trade or wait and spend lots of money for codes. And yes; I know it is hard to trust others but sometimes you just have to take a jump and who knows. maybe the ledge isn't as high as you think and you will land safe.:)

I might just have to do that. We'll definitely have to organize a group like that. PM me ingame and I'll friend you!

Sign in to follow this