Deck Help Zone

AAA-Pikachu-AAA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BioRose's Shaymin EX & Serperior deck:

1) you have too few Basic pokemon. If you want to minimize NoBasicDraws which gives your opponent free draws, you should put 9+ basics in your deck. The reason for this is simple probabilities. To get a probability of 1 of drawing at least 1 Basic on a 7 card draw in a Deck of 60, you need 8.13 of it in your Deck. So rounding up, you need 9 Basics in your deck.

2) Your Basics are weak. On average you are going to draw a Shaymin EX or Snivy as your Active on T1. Let's face it, no one quivers in fear when Shaymin EX is played against them. And snivy is also no threat even on T3. Unfortunately, there are no big-hitter Grass basics right now. (Plasma Blast can't get here fast enough, IMO). I suggest putting in more neutral attackers who can do more damage and have high HP. Grass is a tough deck to support because of the plain lack of big hitters. But here are some suggestions: Latios EX (include some Prism/Blend Energy) lets you do 40 dam on T2, Tornadus EX PF lets you do a free PONT on your attack, Deoxys EX (include some Prism/Blend Energy, or split your energy into Grass/Psychic) lets you do good damage against high energy opponents like MewTwo and Thundurus, Maractus PS gives you a T1 staller, Zapdos EX (include some Prism/Blend Energy, or a couple Lightning Energy+Energy Search) gives you a T2 defender/staller, Heracross BC gives you a T1 20-damage-dealer, Regigigas EX is a hard hitter but takes a while to charge up, Virizion EP gives you a nice midrange attacker/self-healer by T2.

3) If Serperior is just a healer, then you shouldn't be using so many. I would recommend a 2-1-2 setup with 2 RCs, 2 Level Ball, 2 PokeComm, and 3 Skyla to get Serp RH out by T2. The trainer recommendations are minimums just for this tech.

4) I am not sure how the Lasers are helping your deck strategy. You are probably better off using those 4 card slots on something else as your deck doesn't really gain a huge advantage with them.

5) Your deck is weak in energy movers. I would recommend 2 Energy Search, 1 Cilan, 1/2 Energy Retrieval, and/or 1/2 Energy Switch. If you implement this suggestion, you will be able to easily reduce your total energy in the deck down to 10 Grass and 2 DCE.

6) Lasers+Virbanks is being played to death. So I would recommend 1x Skyarrow Bridge to displace their Virbanks and to give you some help retreating your own poke.

Just a quick suggestion is to try and get surperior up in the active and use leaf tornado. Also, replace 1 pokemon communication and 1 grass energy with 2 Virbank city gyms for some extra damage. If you try these small tweeks please let me know how they go. Hope it works for you! :)

TornOxyCuno Deck

Pokemon: (16)

Tornadus EX FA (PF) x1

Deoxys EX x1

Articuno EX FA x1

Latios EX x1

Eevee (PF, SOE) x3

Espeon (PF) x2

Glaceon (PF) x1

Sableye (PF) x1

Tympole (DrEx) x2

Seismitoad (PF) x2

Mr. Mime x1

Trainers: (25)

Col. Machine x3

Energy Search x3

Level Ball x2

Pkmn Catcher x2

Rare Candy x2

Switch x2

Team Plasma Ball x2

N x1

Shadow Triad x2

Skyla x2

Frozen City x1

Eviolite x1

Rock Guard x1

Float Stone x1

Energy: (19)

Plasma x4

DCE x2

Psychic x6

Water x7

One of the main strategy's to go for (and this doesn't happen NEARLY as much as I'd like...) is use Seismitoad's Seismic Punch attack while having Mr. Mime on your bench, preventing all damage done to your benched pokemon, while still causing havoc to your opponents pokemon.

The other strategy is pure, brute force. With the number of Team Plasma Pokemon cards I have in this deck, Deoxys' Power Connect ability works wonders. With Deoxys on your bench (or even in play for that matter), each Team Plasma Pokemon attack is increased by 10 damage, except Deoxys' own.

There are a couple of concerns I have with this deck though. Let's start with Latios EX. On paper, Latios seems like a great fit for this deck being that it's a Water/Psychic deck, and that's exactly what energy Latios needs to attack. But its weak first attack and the fact that it isn't Team Plasma hinders its effectiveness in this deck. Sableye is my other concern. First off, why is this pokemon star rarity??? Its attacks are extremely weak and doesn't offer much but a non-retreat attack. It's just easy to plop into this deck for an extra bench option.

FEEDBACK?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this deck!

Sable-eye is a supporting Pokemon used to re-use your useful trainers way more than it's actual attack. It might not be the most appropriate here, though, but that's up to you.

If you want to get some speed into the deck without using Sable-eye you might want to replace it with Call for Family Emolga.

70 body, Free retreat cost, and load up your bench with exactly what you need. It depends on you.

Sable-eye is a supporting Pokemon used to re-use your useful trainers way more than it's actual attack. It might not be the most appropriate here, though, but that's up to you.

If you want to get some speed into the deck without using Sable-eye you might want to replace it with Call for Family Emolga.

70 body, Free retreat cost, and load up your bench with exactly what you need. It depends on you.

That's not the Sableye I'm using. I said I have the Plasma Freeze Sableye... And I hopelessly wonder why it's star rarity still...

Oh whoops. My mistake.

It is kind of odd, but I suppose it could be useful early on with Colress Machine to prevent retreating. But even then it's kinda meh.

Here's my main PVP deck, which I call Black Plasma:

Pokemon:19

Deino x3

Zweilous x2

Hydreigon x2 (Team Plasma)

Eevee x3

Umbreon x2 (Team Plasma)

Sandile x2

Krokorok x2

Krookodile x1 (Team Plasma)

Lugia EX x1 (Team Plasma)

Tornadus EX x1 (Team Plasma)

Trainers: 26

Cheren x 2

N x3

Cilan x 2

Professor Elm's Training Method x2

Professor Oak's New Theory x 2

Team Rocket's Trickery x1

Rock Guard x1

Frozen City x3

Rare Candy x2

Switch x 2

Plasma Ball x2

Hypnotoxic Laser x1

Energy Returner x1

Energies: 15

Dark Energy x9

Double Colorless x 2

Plasma Energy x4

The basic idea behind my deck is to deploy powerful Team Plasma Pokemon, Hydregion and Krookodile, as fast as I can while utilizing Frozen City so my opponent damages their Pokemon whenever they put energies on them. It is a bit hit-and-miss, when it works, it really works, but it doesn't work consistently enough and I was wondering what I might do to improve it.

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

POKEMON:13

4 Pawniard(Slash)

4 Bisharp PF(Slicing Blade)

3 Darkrai EX

2 Absol PF

TRAINERS:20

4 Dark Claws

4 Dark Patches

4 Hypnotoxic Lasers

4 Ultra Balls

2 Colress

2 VCGs(Virbank City Gyms)

ENERGY:27

27 Darkness Energies

[/TABLE]

This deck hasn't been doing much well.I plan on keeping Bisharps and Pawniards but I need to improve it.Any suggestions?

Why do you want to keep the Pawniard and Bisharp if you don't mind me asking? And if you don't care what kind of Bisharp it is, I would suggest either Finishing **** or Dragon Slayer. Dragon Slayer takes the same amount of energy as Slicing Blade, but does 10 more damage by default and has a chance to do 150 against a dragon type. Finishing **** does 70 damage on Pokémon who have already taken damage for just one energy, so if you took out energy and put in a bench hitter, like Weezing, that one could be extremely effective. Anyways, just my thoughts. Bisharp is a great card with a lot of potential, and I suggest you use a better copy then Slicing Blade. Again, just my opinion, thanks!

That's not the Sableye I'm using. I said I have the Plasma Freeze Sableye... And I hopelessly wonder why it's star rarity still...

No offence, but I think Sableye PF was a Pokémon they just put in there to activate Plasma Grunts lol. It really has no purpose or possible way of doing damage because of the popularity of Keldeo EX and it's ability to switch.

Ok,I am giving it here:

Pokemon: (15)

4-0-4 Vanilluxe

2 Mewtwo EX

1 Victini(Victory Star )

2-2 Ursaring Prime

Trainers: (27)

2 Ether

4 Lasers

4 Candies

3 Switch

1 Scramble Switch

2 Team Plasma/Heavy Ball

2 Cilan

2 Prof Oak

4 Skyla

2 Virbank

Energies: (16)

6 Water Basic

5 Psychic Basic

4 DCE

1 Prism

Strategy:

The main Attack of this deck is Vanilluxe(Obviously).The Idea is to get Vanilluxe out quickly using Skyla/Rare Candy/Team Plasma Balls and KO Them(OHKO depends on luck).The Mewtwo Is for Backup if you don't get Vanilluxe soon.And Ursaring Is the Best if you have any Damage Counters in it.Fliptini is for if you don't get enough Satisfied with Vanilluxe's Flips.

Just a quick note regarding the F2P system.

The reason the F2P systems in free to play games work the way they do is because the company wants players to be able to play and have fun without necessarily needing to spend money. The system in this game is actually fairly lenient on how it awards cards to players regularly and allows you to earn a good amount of cards to start playing with just by running the trainer challenge. The locked packs are for the player who earns them to expand their collection and to allow them to alter and create some decks of their own.

If there wasn't any form of encouragement for players to buy cards and play then it would be impossible to maintain the game and there wouldn't be any cards for any players, free or otherwise. Some users choose to spend larger amounts of money up front to buy cards because they work long hours or just don't really want to wait for free packs, and that's their choice, those players help to support the game and keep it running.

The fact that this system allows people who buy physical packs to also get another redemption in game, basically allowing the user to have both a physical and electronic collection is very generous of the developers. I know of a few online card games I started playing where I have boxes of 12,000+ physical cards but had to start all over from scratch to play online because there wasn't a system like this in place.

All I'm saying as a player and moderator, not a developer on the game...the dev team works very hard to bring a fun and free to play game to the community. If you love the game and want it to continue, then the system in place is a great thing because it funds the team to do the work bringing you the game.

Just a few thoughts on it.

Just a quick note regarding the F2P system.

The reason the F2P systems in free to play games work the way they do is because the company wants players to be able to play and have fun without necessarily needing to spend money. The system in this game is actually fairly lenient on how it awards cards to players regularly and allows you to earn a good amount of cards to start playing with just by running the trainer challenge. The locked packs are for the player who earns them to expand their collection and to allow them to alter and create some decks of their own.

If there wasn't any form of encouragement for players to buy cards and play then it would be impossible to maintain the game and there wouldn't be any cards for any players, free or otherwise. Some users choose to spend larger amounts of money up front to buy cards because they work long hours or just don't really want to wait for free packs, and that's their choice, those players help to support the game and keep it running.

The fact that this system allows people who buy physical packs to also get another redemption in game, basically allowing the user to have both a physical and electronic collection is very generous of the developers. I know of a few online card games I started playing where I have boxes of 12,000+ physical cards but had to start all over from scratch to play online because there wasn't a system like this in place.

All I'm saying as a player and moderator, not a developer on the game...the dev team works very hard to bring a fun and free to play game to the community. If you love the game and want it to continue, then the system in place is a great thing because it funds the team to do the work bringing you the game.

Just a few thoughts on it.

This is off topic, but I do feel the need to point out that the way that F2P is set up does more to discourage people from playing if they have the lack of resources than to encourage them due to the fact that they are still cut off from being part of the full community by being unable to trade what they get from packs.

The reason I replied here with this comment is that I've noticed a few comments in a row regarding the F2P system so I decided to leave a reply. If you feel like you have some ideas that could be implemented to improve the system, please feel free to post them in the feedback section for review.

I have modified/updated my TornOxyCuno deck substantially from the one that I posted in a previous comment, and now it's 10 times better :) here it is:

Pokemon (17):

Articuno EX x1

Deoxys EX x1

Tornadus EX (PF) x1

Giratina (PF) x1

Kyurem (PF) x1

Eevee (PF[sOE]) x3

Espeon (PF) x2

Glaceon (PF) x1

Cubchoo (NxD x1, PS x2)

Beartic (PS) x3

Trainers (25):

Colress Mach. x3

Energy Retrieval x1

Energy Search x1

HT Laser x1

Level Ball x2

PKMN Catcher x2

Switch x2

Team Plasma Ball x2

Cilan x1

N x1

Shadow Triad x2

Skyla x2

Frozen City x1

Eviolite x1

Float Stone x2

Rock Guard x1

Energy (18):

Water x7

Psychic x5

DCE x2

Plasma x4

Getting rid of the MrMime/Seismitoad duo worked out very well because without the rare candys in my deck to jump tympole to Seismitoad, it opened up a few more possibilities in both my trainer and pokemon sections. Subbing in Beartic turned out to be a good move because he can be a deadly bench option, along with the addition of plasma Kyurem.

• 2 weeks later...
How's the Articuno EX doing in your deck??

Honestly, it's seldom used except for a last resort offensive player. My main guys are Beartic, Deoxys, Kyurem and Espeon.

Honestly, it's seldom used except for a last resort offensive player. My main guys are Beartic, Deoxys, Kyurem and Espeon.

Have you tried switching it out? If so, did it help?

Archived