Sign in to follow this  
AlexManectric

'This Counts as Evolving That Pokemon'

AlexManectric

Heya,

There are a number of cards (Rare Candy, Zorua with Ascension, Clefeable, Weedle HGSS and LOTS more) that have the phrase 'This Counts as Evolving that Pokemon' in the description for their effect. I know this phrase is there to bring into an effect a certain rule - but for some reason the cards with this phrase are not consistent with each other (I'm not sure myself which is the correct ruling - but they should all be under the same rule).

For example, Zorua is able to use Ascension on turn 1 of the game or the turn it is put into play, allowing it to evolve immediately. In contast to this, Rare Candy and Weedle's Speed Evolution both do NOT let you evolve the Pokemon on the turn it is put into play (or on the first turn) - which I believe to be the correct ruling. The cards are not therefore consistant and people are taking advantage of either one situation or the other.

Please can this be looked in to, and whichever way is found to be incorrect, can that the bug be fixed please :)

Love as ever!

Alex

Mefftu

Hey Alex,

Zorua and Weedle both have the exactly effect for their respective attacks (ascension / speed evolution - same words that describe the effect of both attacks - one for Zorua and the other for Weedle). On both occasion if you get the energy you can evolve it on turn one if the evolving Pokémon is in the deck - and immediately use it with the beginning of turn 2.

I try it on my own and Weedle evolved with its attack into Kakuna and was ready on turn 2 to evolve into 2nd/last stage. Is it possible you didn't had a Kakuna in your deck to use Weedle's speed evolution?

Back to rare candy I can't see the point here. On the item card it states you can't use this card on turn 1 or the same turn as you put the basic in play you want to evolve this turn.

Mefftu

the_sqveel

you can speed evo weedle on turn 1

i assume this text is here not to prevent evo on the first turn, but to make sure things like special conditions are removed as the evolution played is a "new active pokemon"

and rare candy is different, it's not allowed on the 1st turn cos it jumps straight to stage 2 and that would be infair. as far as ive seen things like ascension and speed evo are consistent

AlexManectric
Hey Alex,

Zorua and Weedle both have the exactly effect for their respective attacks (ascension / speed evolution - same words that describe the effect of both attacks - one for Zorua and the other for Weedle). On both occasion if you get the energy you can evolve it on turn one if the evolving Pokémon is in the deck - and immediately use it with the beginning of turn 2.

I try it on my own and Weedle evolved with its attack into Kakuna and was ready on turn 2 to evolve into 2nd/last stage. Is it possible you didn't had a Kakuna in your deck to use Weedle's speed evolution?

Back to rare candy I can't see the point here. On the item card it states you can't use this card on turn 1 or the same turn as you put the basic in play you want to evolve this turn.

Mefftu

That's odd, I had 3 Kahuna in my deck when I tried to do this just now, and wasn't able to evolve Weedle Turn 1.. Also, Clefable (am I spelling that right?) won't let me evolve Pokemon the turn I put them in to play either... Thanks for the Rare Candy thing - totally missed that, but Clefable and Weedle still aren't working for me... What happens is I select the attack, the deck pops up, I click the card I want, and then nothing. The attack/ability just ends and I'm not able to use it again, therefore making me thing I've tried to do something I'm not allowed to...

the_sqveel

sounds like a bug then, good job you asked about it or youd have just accepted it as buggy as it was :P

Mefftu
That's odd, I had 3 Kahuna in my deck when I tried to do this just now, and wasn't able to evolve Weedle Turn 1..

That indeed is strange and a bug for an unknown reason only in your deck, I can't help.

Also, Clefable (am I spelling that right?) won't let me evolve Pokemon the turn I put them in to play either...

First, you are spelling Clefable correct.

Besides I tested this feature with Clefable's ability what happens, if a basic Pokémon was put in in play this turn where the ability coin flip was a heads (I needed multiple Clefable in play to get this heads - such a bad luck with heads online.).

It let me search my deck for a stage 1 Pokémon but not for the stage 2 Pokémon. This is correct with the ability. After I decided what stage 1 I will take this Pokémon didn't evolve nor this card comes into my hand on that turn.

And this was correct too. Clefable's ability says search for an evolution and put it onto the pre-evolution ("This counts as evolving that Pokémon.") - now the rule book says you aren't allowed to evolve a Pokémon in the same turn while it was put in play. And though Clefable's ability doesn't work.

On the next turn I got a heads and I searched again for the stage 1 and now this card went from my deck onto the basic and got a stage 1.

Thanks for the Rare Candy thing - totally missed that, but Clefable and Weedle still aren't working for me... What happens is I select the attack, the deck pops up, I click the card I want, and then nothing. The attack/ability just ends and I'm not able to use it again, therefore making me thing I've tried to do something I'm not allowed to...

See above.

mebugulongtime

the evolving rule applies to evolving via placing the evolution from hand to the target lower stage. they erratad rare candy to act in this fashion. All other effects break this rule, unless otherwise stated. E.G. putting weedle down t1, evo into kakuna t2 and using clafable t2 to make a beedrill is legit. using clafable to make kakuna will cause you to not be able to play the beedrill from hand to the kakuna that turn. if it doesnt work like this, then there is a glitch.

ahhh... i remember the days of baltoy, rare candy, t1 claydol... draw all the cards :3

Edited by mebugulongtime
incorrect wording

Sign in to follow this