Pokemon Video Game Hack Check Thread

AruneProject

Sometimes you'll get a Pokemon off the GTS or from a trade that seems just too good to be true.

-How to do a basic Pokemon Hack Check-[/b]

Victini,Zekrom and Reshiram can NOT be shiny ingame.

Always check to make sure levels and locations correspond with the correct area.

(Note that most legendary Pokemon are not allowed on random wifi. Legends can be tested in friend to friend battles.)

If you would like me to look over something please post it in this order

(Please remember to fill this out when posting.)

[/b]Nickname:

4th or 5th gen:

Ball:

OT:

ID:

Date gotten:

Shiny:

Level:

Nature:

Hatched:

Wild:

Moveset:

Stats:[/b]

and I'll look over it the best I can to run a hack check.

shadowwarriors

thanks Arune i have one that wont work

'

Pokemon: Minccino

nickname: minny

OT idk

ID: 5609232

Shiny: yes

Level:100

Nature: nauty

Move set, Triattack, furyswipes,

AruneProject

thanks Arune i have one that wont work

'

Pokemon: Minccino

nickname: minny

OT idk

ID: 5609232

Shiny: yes

Level:100

Nature: nauty

Move set, Triattack, furyswipes,

Need more information.

Where does it say it came from and what are the stats also there is no way for it to learn Tri Attack so that is hacked.

shadowwarriors

hey i cant remeber if thisone is hacked or not its troubleing me i think its legit

'

Pokemon: Machamp

Nickname: none

OT: Jack (nickname long story)

ID:00239

Shiny: Yes

Level: 100

Nature: Serious

Moveset: Wake Up Slap, Cross Chop, Scary Face, Dynamic Punch

Stats:

HP: 309

Attack: 270

Defence: 196

Sp. Atk: 154

Sp. Def: 199

Speed: 132

Ability: Guts

'

thats it

• 1 month later...
123321isEpicnes

You linked it on pokeplot just now, so...

I got it off of the GTS.

Pokemon: Jellicent

Nickname: Jellicent

4th or 5th gen: 5th

Ball: Poke Ball

OT: Gerald

ID: 12498

Date gotten: 5/8/2011

Shiny: No

Nature: Relaxed

Hatched: Yes

Wild: No

Moveset:

Scald

Recover

Ice Beam

Toxic

Stats:

HP: 404

Atk: 156

Def: 194

SAtk: 206

SDef: 309

Spd: 112

AruneProject

You linked it on pokeplot just now, so...

I got it off of the GTS.

Pokemon: Jellicent

Nickname: Jellicent

4th or 5th gen: 5th

Ball: Poke Ball

OT: Gerald

ID: 12498

Date gotten: 5/8/2011

Shiny: No

Nature: Relaxed

Hatched: Yes

Wild: No

Moveset:

Scald

Recover

Ice Beam

Toxic

Stats:

HP: 404

Atk: 156

Def: 194

SAtk: 206

SDef: 309

Spd: 112

It seems to be alright however you should test it on wifi maybe.

HP

Atk

Def

Sp.A

Sp.D

Spd

Median:

+ Lv.:

+ EPs:

OK! OK! OK! OK! OK! OK!

Spread:

31 8 7 31 31 0

• 4 months later...

Testing pokemon on wifi doenst work. I hack pokemon all the time with my action replay and i test them on wifi and they work. the coding behing it can make them work.[/b][/i]

AruneProject

You've got to try to upload them onto a battle video server to do the hack checks. Also shame on you for hacking Pokemanz.

Victini,Zekrom and Reshiram can NOT be shiny ingame.

I've not checked in a while, but the last time I looked it was possible for your Zekrom / Reshiram to be shiny if you try for a shiny version the FIRST time you get the chance to catch it, but if you refuse to catch it or don't catch it the first time and try the optional battle later to get it, THEN it can never be shiny.

Victini I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I don't see why you couldn't just reset for shiny on Liberty garden until you get one.

(Also, why is this thread here? Isn't this a forum for the TCG?)

AruneProject

Don't blame me for the threads location when I made it the thread was in the GD before it turned into the PGD. Also a while back they debunked the shiny factor of the dragons meaning they can not be shiny 'normally'. You can however RNG the dragons shiny but doing so will always make the game freeze.

I would be very happy if a mod did move it's location to the correct place and in fact I had even forgotten I made this place. o-O

I would be very happy if a mod did move it's location to the correct place and in fact I had even forgotten I made this place. o-O

Done and done ;)

I'm pretty sure that the game only freezes if you try forcing the PID to always generate a shiny with say an always shiny encounter code. Otherwise it just rolls a new PID until the PID is such that the Pokemon isn't shiny. The same check goes for Victini, wondercards, and Dream World Pokemon that you interact with to capture IIRC.

And I thought you were an RNG abuser too, Arune? Why the shaming in other people using AR to obtain Pokemon? Cheating is still cheating, no? I don't bother using Action Replay to obtain anything, and I do engage in RNG abuse myself, but I'm never going to deny that I'm cheating, nor would I care that others feel like using AR as a shortcut. It seems a bit hypocritical to me.

123321isEpicnes

To be exact, the game doesn't "freeze". It keeps on generating a new PID that will always be shiny, so it has to constantly generate another one, with it always being shiny in the end. So it doesn't freeze to be exact, it just does not let it be shiny.

AruneProject

Timburr what I don't get is you are always trying to talk back to me about something it's like you enjoy fighting with everything I say. RNG itself is not cheating because if you said that then you in fact would be cheating by saving in front of something until the nature came up to what you wanted.

Endless loop of the game what the muffining Epic.

Anyways Timburr I don't want to fight with you and if you keep trying to start fights well I don't know.

Also much thanks Proto for moving this thread.

Yeah, you're right that that the process of generating and rerolling PIDs causes the game to loop infinitely. This causes the game to never be able to progress, that is, it freezes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_(computing)#Causes

RNG abuse is cheating though considering that you're using an external method to force an outcome outside of means intended by the game. The difference between saving and resetting and outright RNGing it is that with saving and resetting, you're still letting the game run its course. By RNGing, you're exploiting the inherent nature of the programming and forcing an outcome that you wouldn't see otherwise. It would be akin to counting cards or trick shuffling a deck to force the hand in your favor.

I'm not just trying to argue with you. Honestly, I have absolutely nothing against you or anything that you post, and I'm sorry if you feel as though I'm attacking you personally. I'm simply expressing my viewpoints, and they just don't seem to agree with yours. It's not like you're the only one I haven't agreed with. I mean like epic seemed pretty upset when I called him out on vote spamming the Befriend a Pokemon contest. I've expressed my views regarding why I'm not much a fan of the gen 5 Pokemon games either. I've always tried keeping my posts civil.

AruneProject

I just don't like confrontations. If you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say it at all rather then calling people out. Anyways RNG is not cheating it's simply using a higher standard on the games clock and timing meaning you can be at it for up to five hours to make something happen.

Meanwhile Action Replay you tell it to give you a level 1 Reshiram with PID of all zero and Trainer ID of all zero with a game location as the water with 31 in everything and No Guard and Sheer Cold hatched in the Mystery Zone ..now that's cheating.

Also as for vote spamming I herd u liek Mudkipz.150px-258Mudkip.png