Moving damage counters.

shin_zaken

why can we only move one at a time??

using Pokemon like dusknoir, when moving damage counters it would be such a convenience to select an amount such as 3 or 4 instead of having to move a single damage counter over 10 times. hope you all agree that this feature should be implemented :)

yeah i really like the idea, but you should look very carefully at Reuniclus/Dusknoir Damage Swap/Sinister Hand instructions:

as often as you like during your turn(before your attack) you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon/opponent´s Pokémon to another of your Pokémon/opponent´s Pokémon.

I've actually quit matches before because of the way dusknoirs ability works i don't feel like waiting for my opponent to move lets say 10+ damage counters one at a time to KO one of my ex's it's frustrating and annoying for me. Especially if it happens more than once during a match and i know i can win already.

it is following the rules of dusknoir as printed

but apart from that for things like solar suggestion it would just be too hard to have them all move at once, considering these moves/abilities are usually "up to X damage counters" and not a specific amount no less no more. This means every variable and every combination would have to be coded. 1 at a time is soooo much easier from a dev point of view

it is following the rules of dusknoir as printed

but apart from that for things like solar suggestion it would just be too hard to have them all move at once, considering these moves/abilities are usually "up to X damage counters" and not a specific amount no less no more. This means every variable and every combination would have to be coded. 1 at a time is soooo much easier from a dev point of view

You make a good point with the card description. as it does say move 1 damage counter. but seeing as how it says as often as you like, i still think there should be some type of bulk moving function. or lets say hydregion (dark trance) its a pain moving all of my energies off of 1 pokemon in order to max potion then re equip them.

also from a dev point of view, i think every combination should be coded. a little code shouldn't be too much for paying customers lol.

The main reason I don't like this once by once move of damage counters isn't neither the 'lost time issue' or 'tons of clicks' but for the lack of memory.

Every click increases the amount of memory and this comes along with a higher chance of getting 'heap sections error'. I had this error occuring in more than one game I played with Dusknoir while using its ability to rearrange damage counters on my opponents field. It's frustating to see this message on the screen and your opponent wins for an unknown reason (atleast at that point).

I have a suggestion on this (for the devs): You could make Abilities like Reuniclus and Dusknoir "lock in" (like Pokemon Collector), then players can use the right mouse button to remove a damage counter (and put it into some storage pool displayed somwhere) and the left mouse button to put a damage counter from that pool onto a pokemon. Whenever there are 0 counters in the pool, the players can click "Ok" to end the Ability. Then, check for knock outs and put any additionally put counters back into the pool and go back to the placement mode (or stop them from putting more counters than a pokemon has HP in the first place, but I assume this is harder to implement).

I have never come across this ability, but from what I gather, it is a matter of having to select the ability for every individual damage counter? The issue is in the interface once again. I think it would not be against the wording of the ability, if you simply clicked on the ability once, and that gave you the option to have an overview of the play mat, and move damage counters/energy cards around one by one manually in a drag-drop manner, as many times as you like according to the ability. But as it is, you have to go through so many unnecessary clicks and for just one action. Selecting the first Pokemon, selecting what you want to move, selecting the second Pokemon. Is it like that?

Archived