Retreat Glitch w/ PF Glaceon?

FlameRaven

This is the first time I've had this problem.

I had 2 pokemon in play, Glaceon (active) and Leafeon (benched), both from Plasma Freeze. Glaceon was burned, so I retreated to cure the burn. Then the game refused the let me retreat Leafeon, even though with Glaceon's ability it had 0 retreat cost. Opposing pokemon were non-EX Moltres and Kyurem. There were no other abilities in play. The game even showed Leafeon's retreat greyed out, but the 'retreat' option just didn't appear on screen.

I ended up winning anyway, but this could very easily have swung the match for me, so I hope it gets fixed. :/

While you can use other switching methods like Rush In or just a good old-fashioned Switch in conjunction with a retreat, you're only allowed to actually retreat once per turn.

o_O That should probably be mentioned somewhere in the tutorials, then, because I don't recall hearing that rule. (If it's there and I've just forgotten, I apologize.)

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen the computer AI in trainer challenge retreat more than once per turn, though they may be using trainers. It's hard to tell sometimes.

It's definitely hard to tell with the computer sometimes, seeing as there is NO lag whatsoever in their movements. Their entire turn takes like half a second. lol.. So you're just like, "uhh... what just happened?"

Archived