Rewdboy05's Extraordinary Price Guide

Rewdboy05

Well, it was fun while it lasted but I simply have to admit defeat due to a severe lack of interest by the community. In the second week of it's existence the thread received only two contributions that did not originate from me and I simply can't do any analysis on only two points of data. I could just turn this into a regular price guide based entirely on my intuition but we already have a couple of those so that would really be nothing more than an act of futility. Having that noted, I'm declaring this thread now defunct and the guide that was once found here out of date.

Happy trading! ^_^

Seems like too much work as this is supposed to be a game. There is no right answer as all prices are opinions based on timing, desire and availability.

Yeah, it will probably be a lot of work to stay on top of but the way I've got the spreadsheet set up should do most of the work for me. If it works out, Yay!, if not, oh well, at least I tried.

Great Job, Rewdboy05. Whether it becomes popular or not, many of us appreciate you taking the time and effort to add to the community.

Suggestions to take or ignore:

1. Get rid of the Expansion divisions and just create one big list. Put the expansion (or an abbreviation) in another column. Not only should it be easier for you format to post but easier for us to just find a card we want. Consider sorting just alphabetically.

2. Round all values to zero decimals and just show whole numbers. That makes it cleaner, easier to compare and since packs trade in whole numbers anyway...

3. Put the publishing date at the top so we know how recent the price estimates are.

4. Create a simple form (Google forms would work for this) for people to input their information. That way you can control what information you get via mandatory and optional fields. If you create a drop down list or other menu to just choose from, you'll get much better data integrity and consistency.

Again, thanks for the time and effort.

I didn't even think about Google Forms. That's going to make things a lot easier. Thank you! I've done some updating on the organization as well and will continue to tweak it as time goes on. Once I get the whole Form thing done I'm going to update the original thread and try to get a a Prof to combine the threads since the Form will make it unnecessary to have a place to gather data in the thread itself.

Alright the other thread is updated. If a Prof could combine these threads it would make things simpler. Otherwise, I'm going to let this thread die in favor of the other one.

Edit: The threads have been combined. Thanks Prof!

This is a really nice price thread you've made, good job! I'll be using this for any future trading.

I really appreciate that! Don't forget to fill out the data form for those trades too! ^_^

The price guide has been updated and a lot of new information has been added to the first two posts on the front pate. Please take a moment to peruse the changes and don't forget to share your trade data!

Archived