Deoxys Ex (PLF 111) vs Mewtwo Ex (NXD 59)

Tekanina

Looked through the Feeback, Bugs & Suggestions a couple pages in and didn't really see anything similar. Also skimmed through the Known Bugs thread.

Played a game earlier today where my opponent had an active Mewtwo Ex (from Next Destinies regular art) versus my Deoxys Ex (from Plasma Freeze full art). The opponents active Mewtwo Ex had a Double Colorless Energy attached, it was my turn, and I was able to power up my Deoxys Ex with 1 Prism Energy (Psychic) & 1 Plasma Energy. I selected my attack: Helix Force and proceeded to only do 120 damage. Maybe my damage is off here, but shouldn't that have been 180 damage (30+30+30 x2? base attack + 60 for DoubleColorless Energy)? Seemed like it could have been a fluke but then, still in the same game he promotes a second Mewtwo Ex this time with Double Colorless Energy & Eviolite attached. Again same situation, I use Hypnotoxic Laser & Helix Force, damage only shows up to be 100 damage after Eviolite then the poison damage kicks in between turns.

-Tek

I've heard a couple other people complaining about this. It seems to be an issue with Deoxys EX seeing the DCE as a single energy rather than two.

It's not just Deoxys that does it, Vanilluxe's ChillMAX has the same problem seeing a DCE as only one energy.. so I'm thinking it might be a Plasma Freeze thing.

It does the same with Noble Victories Hydreigon's Dark Aura ability as well, counting it as only one Darkness energy instead of two.

I experienced the same issue last night and today. It appears Deoxys attack registers a DCE as a single energy.

Hello trainers!

Thanks for reporting this bug! It has been escalated to the development team for review.

Archived