Untradables ever gunna be tradable??

grentis09

Don't get me wrong, I love getting a free booster pack every week for logging on, but when every card in the pack is locked every week it becomes a complete hassle when trying to trade. I don't buy packs/codes outside of the game so these packs are the only ones I get, and I have cards from those packs that I'd love to trade but almost everything I have is locked!

All I wanna know is if these untradable cards will ever become tradable, because I feel like it extremely hinders the fun of trading when you can't even trade. Anybody agree or know what's up??

If they made these free packs tradeable then anyone could make 100 different accounts to get 100 free packs at a time and trade all of the good cards into their account. There's no reason to have the code cards anymore. So you can see why free packs will probably never be tradeable.

For the most part, I agree with you Southpaw. But I feel like it hurts the nature of the game if it basically takes away the trading feature from those who only get their new cards through these free packs every week.

If you need like 20 Tokens to make a card tradable and 50 to make a pack tradable, you remove that threat because people will have to get Tokens on each of those accounts. You could even increase that number further because of the bunch of Tokens we get for daily log in.

Also, an option to trade cards in for Tokens/Gems/Credits would be nice, that way we could get rid of the bulk of useless untradables we can't get rid of in any other way. They're starting to clog up collections...

Also, an option to trade cards in for Tokens/Gems/Credits would be nice, that way we could get rid of the bulk of useless untradables we can't get rid of in any other way. They're starting to clog up collections...

Yes, they are clogging up MY collection for sure, which is why this is a bit of an issue for me in the first place, especially since I found out about all the unlockable boosters you can obtain from the trainer challenge. But I can't be the only one that this is effecting.

i stopped opening the untradable packs because i don't want to get my hopes up, like my friend got a pack of Dark Explorers and he got a shiny catcher from it but he cant trade it. (even though that it is funny)

i stopped opening the untradable packs because i don't want to get my hopes up, like my friend got a pack of Dark Explorers and he got a shiny catcher from it but he cant trade it. (even though that it is funny)

I wouldn't NOT open the packs... you can still use em yourself, you know. Just can't trade em.

I have two Mewtwo EX and two Fliptini promos that are untradeable among others. THEY should be tradeable.

Or atleast make it so you can delete them if worse comes to worse. I know I have some trainer decks that clutter up my deck building section as most were redeemed before this new site came up. Just my thoughts.

I'm almost not even sure if I should keep playing the trainer challenge because I keep unlocking packs that contain all locked cards, and I REALLY don't want them to be locked forever. I just unlocked a Tornadus EX FA that I'd love to trade, but of course, it's locked. I really just hope in the end that they get rid of the locks or make them unlockable through some sort of redemption.

It´s a great idea! To prevent multi account you can control IP´s or, as you said, ask some tokens to unlock them.

if you're playing a free game, and get a free booster every week don't worry about trading and just have a good time playing for FREE. it wouldn't be very fair to all the people that buy cards in real life and put money into their collection (also advancing their online collection *bonus in my eyes*) or the people who simply buy the online code cards because they don't play in real life. i agree it would be nice to be able to use gems, and tokens (if we have patience, it will happen) but making free cards tradable would be a horrible idea for the business side. everyone seems to forget that this free online game is still part of a business and it needs people to be putting money into their business to make better advances and updates for the game.

Personally, I'd like to see them unlock over time or something- it costs a large amount of coins to immediately unlock it (like, 100 or so) but that amount goes down to as low as 25 every time you log in and claim a reward (basically, daily.) This prevents too many people form account-hogging as it's annoying, and adding in tracking for accounts sharing an IP could bust the people that would try by using a large number of accounts. Locking the amount of accounts a single IP can have as well as limiting how many cards you can unlock a day could further balance the system- even if someone was to try and net a lot of cards, they'd be locked into three accounts, three cards per day. When cards become purchasable through coins, the problem becomes even less of a problem, as people can work for a card they want rather than multi-account net for it.

If you want cards that are unlocked and to enjoy the game to its fullest, pay for it, just like any other hobby. This online client is supposed to be "similar" to playing IRL (which costs money derp.), and provide an outlet for those that live in areas that have very little organized play or places to buy cards IRL a way to play online. You can find code cards cheap on many online sites, and the entry price for the online game is about 50X cheaper than IRL. So quit complaining, and if you really like the game, spend a little money on it to enjoy the full extent of it like everyone else, and actually support the card game itself and the people that make this all possible for us.

yeah, we should be able to trade something for the ability to trade them. yesterday i pulled a locked secret rare pikachu...

If you want cards that are unlocked and to enjoy the game to its fullest, pay for it, just like any other hobby. This online client is supposed to be "similar" to playing IRL (which costs money derp.), and provide an outlet for those that live in areas that have very little organized play or places to buy cards IRL a way to play online. You can find code cards cheap on many online sites, and the entry price for the online game is about 50X cheaper than IRL. So quit complaining, and if you really like the game, spend a little money on it to enjoy the full extent of it like everyone else, and actually support the card game itself and the people that make this all possible for us.

FYI, when I originally posted this thread I wasn't complaining. I was pointing out a part of this game that is effecting many people that play this game with limited budget and/or lack of desire to buy packs IRL; myself included. I used to buy packs and get codes but turns out collecting is a waste of time and money for me now so I play this game that I still love to have fun while keeping it free. And from this "business" standpoint, the point of almost any business is to keep customers happy. Yes, I am happy with this game and the fact that it's even available to play, but I was only making a statement that could possibly inject thought into improving the state of this game.

They're FREE. If you get something good, yay! If you can't use it, it was FREE. We should be able to delete locked cards, but never ever trade them because it would destroy the game.

Archived