Cannot play friend battle with friend on same network

FirstRedemption

My wife and I are trying to play friend battle, but neither of us can receive a challenge from the other one. Someone outside of my network can send me a challenge and I receive it and can play them. When my wife or I challenge each other, we do not receive the challenge notification but we do receive a notification when the challenge has been canceled.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Notes: We are both running Mac computers with OSX Lion installed. Neither of us have any other troubles with the game or playing people not running on our network.

I am having this same problem with my husband. I almost thought it was him that posted this because it is the exact same scenario. Please help!

Hello!

That's very strange :/ I think this report will require more details for the development team to look into. It would be very helpful if each of you and anyone else experiencing this issue would submit a ticket via the link in my signature complete with your system specs so that they can perform a thorough investigation for the cause.

Sorry that this issue is occurring! Hopefully this can be addressed so you can start battling your spouses again ^_^

Thanks, I'll try to submit one tomorrow, though I'm pretty sure this comes down to a network address translation/port issue. The support site says the game uses port 8181 as a dedicated port for game play. The problem is likely occuring when my computer sends a request over port 8181, the server sends the request to my wife via the same port, but my router sees 8181 and knows that my computer was the last one talking on that port so it forwards the request to me which the game simply doesn't understand that. At least that's my guess =P

Yeah my boyfriend and I are having the same issues. We are keep trying to send game play requests but nothing happens...

Archived