Video Game Series/TCG/TCGO-What would you want in the future?

Chris_P

I wanted to write down a bunch of ideas about what I'd want in future installments of these games ideally.

But I have not really dedicated any thought to it.

So there's a couple of ideas I have, but I think it would be nice if I also collected everyone else's ideas as well!

So. Feel free to add any kind of ideas here, and every now and then I will collect and quote all your ideas on this post. Just make sure the quotes make sense when they stand on their own. It would be great if each idea is a separate paragraph I guess. That would suffice I suppose!

So here's mine.

For the game series:

- Access to all regions/continents of the Pokemon world.

- Only the legendary Pokemon coming in singular numbers (unlike now, where the starter Pokemon cannot be found in the wild for example).

- Pokemon of the same kind found in different regions being slightly different variations, whatever that might mean (coloration? stats? abilities?).

- Starting your adventure at any place on the map, based on choice or chance (with the level of difficulty of wild Pokemon in each area being optimized based on where you begin wherever possible).

- Being able to customize your avatar and accessories color pallet/style to some considerable extent.

- Not necessarily starting out with the mission to complete the Pokedex.

- And as a result not necessarily starting with the choice of one of three starters from some Professor. Thus obtaining your first Pokemon via other means as well, such as asking someone to catch one for you (that someone could be an NPC or a real-life person that plays the game) or obtaining them as prices for doing errands for NPCs. I guess it would also make sense in this context if something about your first Pokemon would make it different from the rest of its kind you come across in the game. Such as raising greater stats, a more unique ability, gaining levels like a booster Pokemon, some rare battle move, or whatever else would make for a distinctive difference in-game.

For TCG and TCGO:

- Starter Decks of any type of Energy. This is, in my mind, similar to the idea of being able to start with whatever Pokemon you'd like in the game series. I get that there are theme decks including most types (or all of them?). And also that such a limitation in what you start with, much like in the game series, makes sense as an aspect of the game, and as a marketing strategy.

But imagine a future series where all decks are released at around the same time, giving you the choice to start with one of 8 or so different types, every one of them being a different deck. Personally, I'd find it more engaging. Could be just me, but I'd like that series.

I'd especially love this in the online game. Trainer Challenge already has the three main colors, adding the rest (all of them being unlockable for the versus mode as well, just like the three basic ones are) would be marvelous.

- I'd also like a series where the cards from the theme decks are only available in those decks, so the booster packs only have other cards in them. Perhaps packs of energy cards would also be nice. This would mean energy cards would no longer be found in booster packs either.

Sorry,half those idea's won't work.

Every pokemon being uncatchable excluding legends...That's nuts.Poke ball's would lose almost all their value.

The get A pokemon from doing an errand is good,but still is kinda eh.

At any place on the map...crazy.

If you went too every region,before you were done with the third region your team would be lv.100.

Every thing else is fine.Sorry if this is a bit harsh...but live with logic.That's what I say,at least...

* Access to all regions/continents of the Pokemon world.

- (unlike now, where the starter Pokemon cannot be found in the wild).

(*) Not necessarily starting out with the mission to complete the Pokedex.

- And as a result not necessarily starting with the choice of one of three starters from some Professor. Thus obtaining your first Pokemon via other means as well, such as asking someone to catch one for you (that someone could be an NPC or a real-life person that plays the game) or obtaining them as prices for doing errands for NPCs. I guess it would also make sense in this context if something about your first Pokemon would make it different from the rest of its kind you come across in the game. Such as raising greater stats, a more unique ability, gaining levels like a booster Pokemon, some rare battle move, or whatever else would make for a distinctive difference in-game.

Sorry but this must be done:

*As kdoll already said, the levels would be wacky, plus try to keep in mind that Pokemon is meant to be a portable game. The memory necessary for this is big and I doubt that the current 3DS game card can support this.

-While they're not that different from each other as a species, they are unique in that you only receive one. Again, keep in ind that Pokemon is supposed to be played with friends. (This also takes care of the 'stop Pokemon that only evolve via evolution' or 'add all of the Pokemon to the game' stuff)

(*)How about GSCHGSS?

Every pokemon being uncatchable excluding legends...That's nuts.

Nobody suggested anything like that though. What I said is that all pokemon should be catchable in the wild, and that only legendaries make sense as unique pokemon. Everything else, regardless of rarity level, it would be logical to be catchable in the wild, and in any number greater than one.

The get A pokemon from doing an errand is good,but still is kinda eh.

You kinda get a pokemon from doing an errand in the game anyway. What I'm saying is, have a bit more flexibility, give some more alternatives. Why should the errand be exclusively for the professor who will in return provide you with one of the three basic types? More errands available means more alternative starters. The three basic starters of course are part of the identity of the game, but an alternative in a future installement of the series wouldn't be unwelcome I guess.

At any place on the map...crazy.

How is that crazy. Tens of towns in each game, and yet the only way to start the game is to start out on one specific small town. Of course that is a trademark element of the series as well, but exactly how is that any less crazy than being able to start in any of them? Keep in mind that I am talking about suggesting what would be ideal for you for the future of the game series. So while the variations in the scenario may be quite a trouble to apply in the games that have already been released, I don't see how it would be impossible for a future release to be developed based on that idea. It is not something that cannot be programmed or scripted.

If you went to every region,before you were done with the third region your team would be lv.100.

Every thing else is fine.Sorry if this is a bit harsh...but live with logic.That's what I say,at least...

And yet you'd have that many more reasons to keep raising the rest of you pokemon, which now is usually a great bore, since the plot stops growing from some point on, so all that's left is fighting mechanically. A routine. But thanks for the logic and life lessons.

Sorry but this must be done:

*As kdoll already said, the levels would be wacky, plus try to keep in mind that Pokemon is meant to be a portable game. The memory necessary for this is big and I doubt that the current 3DS game card can support this.

-While they're not that different from each other as a species, they are unique in that you only receive one. Again, keep in mind that Pokemon is supposed to be played with friends. (This also takes care of the 'stop Pokemon that only evolve via evolution' or 'add all of the Pokemon to the game' stuff)

(*)How about GSCHGSS?

*See how I specifically explain the theme of the thread as ideal changes you would like to see in the future of the series?

-I think you are talking about a couple of different things in there. I got them mixed up. Perhaps because I'm not a native speaker. But I would like to understand what you're trying to say, so it'd be great if you can rephrase. From what I gather you do talk about the marketing value of the starters being unique, and other similar details like evolution via trade etc. But again, this thread is about ideal changes. They don't have to be in par with the marketing purposes of the game for players to fancy them, and it is actually not out of the question that perhaps such changes could happen in the future, as there's no guarantee all the different aspects of the game will remain the same for all future generations. I think you're also talking about something else, but I don't get what. Tell me if I'm wrong.

(*)I don't know what those initials correspond to. Are they HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Nobody got any ideas they'd like to share?

Yes!!! Perhaps I should apologize to that user for this one. I just thought of that other one as more of a game, than a list. I read through most of those, so thank you for posting. If mods think my thread is a dupe, I wouldn't mind it being closed down because of that.

So, was I right about the abbreviations?

Oh,then I misunderstood the first one.

Sorry chris P,I really didn't understand what you were saying.

Yup, in Gen. II and their remakes you start off running an errand. BTW I didn't mention this before, but more sidequests would be great, like instead of receiving an item like the eviolite, you might have to something special or something else.

Oh,then I misunderstood the first one.

Sorry chris P,I really didn't understand what you were saying.

It's all OK. :)

I re-edited that line, hopefully it makes more sense like this.

Archived