How do you create a new line (on forum posts)?

FightingDarkman

You guys probably think I'm stupid because I can't figure it out and it's right in front of my face most likely, LOL. But at the risk of being flamed for stupidity, I'm gonna ask anyway. You know how in word processor when you want to go to a new line, you press enter? Like to finish a paragraph and stuff? Enter doesn't seem to work on here. How do you create a new line? I mean I see bulleted lists, but I don't want to make a bulleted list. I just want to separate paragraphs and sometimes make several lines, like I gave my info on the Pokémon Horoscope thread and couldn't put my name and birthdate as separate lines. Bare with me, I'm new to the forums, LOL. :P

Hi FightingDarkman!

Could you please provide more information? What happens when you press "enter"? What web browser are you using? Pressing "enter" should most definitely create a new line of text.

I am currently using Internet Explorer 10. Pressing enter does not work at all. I press it and basically NOTHING happens. I have tested out pressing enter and then typing something and seeing if in preview it made a new line, but it didn't.

Can you try some things for me, FightingDarkman?

First, try pressing Shift + Enter. If this doesn't work either, please try using a different web browser.

Thanks for your patience!

Pressing Shift + Enter does not work. Thanks for your help though. I'll have to try a new web browser whenever I get the time to get one.

Hey FightingDarkMan!

Looks like the forums are having a tussle with Internet Explorer at the moment. Prof. Mathis gives a bit more information regarding it here. Could you try using a different browser, such a Firefox or Chrome, and see if you experience the same issue?

Hope that helps!

Edit: Oops! I see you said you were going to try that when you have time. Let me know how it goes!

Let's see if this works.

Apparently so. On Firefox, I am able to use the Enter key.

Thanks for your help, mods. :)

Hi FightingDarkman!

I'm glad to hear that it's working! Since you issue has been resolved the best it can be while we're working on the problem with Internet Explorer, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. If you have any more questions, please create a new thread.

Thanks for playing!

Archived