What happens after the end of the Beta phase?

Chris_P

From EULA for the game:

BECAUSE THIS IS A “BETA” OR TEST VERSION OF TCGO, ANY ITEMS (E.G. BOOSTER PACKS) THAT YOU MAY EARN THROUGH PARTICIPATING IN A TEST TOURNAMENT OR OTHER GAME PLAY DURING THE TEST PERIOD ARE FOR THE TEST PERIOD ONLY AND MAY NOT BE REDEEMED OR CARRIED OVER AFTER THE END OF THIS TEST PERIOD. ANY ITEMS IN YOUR TEST ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED.

Is this something that will actually happen, a true possibility, or is it just there as a form of precaution in case it becomes inevitable for whatever random, unexpected cause during the transition process from beta to open?

Is it meant/bound to happen, or is it only one potential mishap?

It's most likely just a precaution. It also allows the door to remain open for the possibility of a subscription-to-play or other such business model should they decide to utilize it. Whether that's something they're considering remains to be seen but it's a possibility. At any rate, barring some unexpected, catastrophic problem, I doubt they'd just straight-up take our cards and wipe the slate.

Right? When there are peope who invest money, and redeem the codes that come along with their physical copies, I guess they'd try to avoid such an outcome. Thank you for answering.

Don't worry, that's just a leftover from the previous Beta (this game has a weird release schedule, it went Beta > Live > Beta again. First time ever a Live game goes into Beta). Since the game had already gone Live (before going back to Beta), it's unlikely that a new wipe will come.

they already did a cards and packs reset during the first year of the program and a prof stated that it was not their intention to do it again.

Don't worry, be re-assured that the beta will never end. 2 years strong and still going.
Curious, isn't a beta period meant to end eventually? I don't think they'll completely get rid of everything you earned when it's over, but it's like OK beta versions of video games aren't the final version, so I would imagine the beta run of the TCGO will end sometime. Don't take my word for it, folks. I'm a rookie here. I'm just saying. LOL

• 4 months later...

They have stated repeatedly that they would not reset our collections unless there was no choice. Some of use have been playing for years and a reset would be devastating.

From EULA for the game:

Is this something that will actually happen, a true possibility, or is it just there as a form of precaution in case it becomes inevitable for whatever random, unexpected cause during the transition process from beta to open?

Is it meant/bound to happen, or is it only one potential mishap?

I asked this question myself about 6 months ago, and received this reply directly from Prof_Mathis (this is the gist anyway):

"Your collection will NOT be reset. This clause is only in the User Agreement just in case something was to go wrong with the system as we leave Open Beta, but this is extremely unlikely and nothing to be worried about"

He then went on to say that players would be heavily compensated if this was to occur - so there really is nothing to worry about.

If, in the event something gets wiped, it would probably just be avatar items or unopened packs. I doubt entire card collections would get wiped, since people have spent real money for them.

Hi guys, from here http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?32640-make-the-free-packs-and-or-cards-tradeble/page2&highlight=wipe it says that they will not wipe the collection wondering if they will wipe weekly boosters, theme decks and boosters from trainer tokens. as well as other non-tradable cards? I know tradable and redeemed cards are not going to be wiped for sure. but im not sure about the non-tradable. Any news about this from the GM/Moderator/Administrator/Developer/Professors?

Archived