Acquiring new cards

Capable Runt

I'm not looking to spend money on this game. Is there any way to get better cards other than spending money or waiting for the 1 free booster pack every few days?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pokeanao!

Each time you beat a trainer in Trainer Challenge, you are awarded with points. The more times you win against a particular trainer, the more points you'll earn, and the higher your star rating will be! Playing in a higher difficulty tier will reward you with more points at the end of each battle. For more information and tips on improving your game, please visit the Trainer Challenge discussion area (located here: http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?583-Trainer-Challenge-Discussion).

Thanks for playing!

The free boosters are random, yes. Sometimes you do get good cards (I pulled a Mewtwo-EX, full art Virizion and Victini-EX) but it's important to note that you can't trade cards you got for free.

If you want to beat the Trainer Challenge as quickly as possible, I definitely suggest playing on Expert difficulty. It gives you a 2x point bonus, so you can average 4000-6000 per game. This makes it much easier to hit the 30,000 required to get a booster. The game also gives you more points the more damage you inflict, so to get the most points you actually want to draw out the game longer and use the higher-damage attacks, rather than finishing things off quickly.

In addition to flameraven's comments, when you finish a battle, look at the results screen. This tells you what points you earned and where you got them (this should be the default victory screen). If you scroll down, you'll see various bonuses (i.e. energy bonus, healer bonus, evolver bonus, etc.). That should give you an idea on how to maximize your points that you earn per match. You should be able to get about 6,000 per match if you play really well.

off trainer challenge packs so far ive pulled:

FA HO-OH EX

FA RESHIRAM

FA ZEKROM

MEWTWO EX

ive only opened 14 trainer challenge packs so far as well so you can get some good things

Archived