I have tourettes, Am I allowed to play Pokemon IRL?

PaintingBox

Hey, I enjoy the online game a lot and find it good because I can play in my own home,

I exclude myself from toy stores because I don't want children to be around a guy with tourettes so I buy all my packs online, I'm having fun playing and wondered what the policy in real life is for people with tourettes to play?

If not, Are short term acting medication (benzodiazepines) allowed to play Pokemon IRL?

wow, what a tough situation. :/

Im happy the internet has brought you a smile and you can enjoy playing online shouting at your squirtles and be yourself ^^!

Im sure you would get frowned at if you went to a real event by those mums, but im sure its nothing you havent had before.

at the end of the day, you are not doing it deliberately, and they should be educating their children about it, not discriminating you.

Its like saying black people cant play PTCG IRL only on the internet.

You seem very considerate and the problem would more likely be how comfortable YOU feel being in the top 4 world championships with kids and family present.

My personal opinion is that I dont think medication like that is good for you AT ALL, EVER.

Psychoactive, mind altering ***** with numerous short and long term side affects of varying degrees are not a solution I feel.

If you have taken benzodiazepines before and feel it would get you through the situation? (im not sure how long a dose lasts and are you allowed to drive and such because looking at the list of affects jeebus this stuff is heavy hitting)

Maybe watch some ***** videos to get a feel for the atmosphere of an event and see how you would feel being there.

Im pretty sure they cannot stop you from attending if you want to play, If they do or if people discriminate you, dont worry, you have had the camera rolling the whole time and will sue them. PCi has a whole lot of money man!

What it boils down to is do you think you will have as much fun there as you are here?

Can you handle the social situation?

Is medication the real answer?

Im sure you have avoided alot of situations before because its 'not worth the hassle'

But if you want to go play pogemanz, thrash everyone and have a good time DO IT.

I am 31 years old with TS, and some other issues along side it.

I have learned 1 single thing in my time as a child, teen, and then young adult.

If someone wants to shun, or judge you for your disabilities. screw them, do what you want, and what makes you comfortable

Do NOT let other people dictate how you live your life or what you want to do.

At the end of the day everyone "****" stinks and everyone has there own issues, people are people

What it boils down to is do you think you will have as much fun there as you are here?

Can you handle the social situation?

Is medication the real answer?

I've learned to just not care what others think. Meds don't work on me, they just make me drowsy. It does fade as you get older though or at least it has for me. My suggestion is to try to push it somewhere else less noticeable while playing in a tournament. People with it should understand what I mean.

Archived