April Community Update - discussion thread

TPCi_Warrax

"Our goal is to allow the average player to earn enough Trainer Tokens to get several boosters per week."

This sounds fine but please be very thorough in determining that optimal number. Too many and you could upset the player economy and encourage automated token farming.

Our goal is to allow the average player to earn enough Trainer Tokens to get several boosters per week.

Trainer Coin pokemon slot machine here we come!

Thank you very much for the informative insight information, lets's hope everything rolls out smoothly!

XD

I look forward to the expansion of the shop throughout the summer. Having a more diverse selection of items to choose from will definitely help in the long run.

It all sounds pretty awesome! I just really want a way to either buy gems in the U.S. or buy booster codes digitally already! I don't want physical cards, not time for that :)

I think one of the greatest limitations of the game is that certain cards are not available, most notably Tropical Beach. Because that card in particular is not available, it's not possible to do effective testing using PTCGO, and therefore the product is used less by competitive players than it might otherwise be. Will we be able to use tokens/gems to obtain existing promos like tropical Beach?

It's good to hear that the tokens will start being of use in the TCG. I think it's something to which we have all been looking forward. I also think the tournament keys being purchase items is an interesting idea, especially if it is paired with a single card purchase. My one concern at this time is that Gems will be needed to purchase Tournament Keys. Additionally I hope that some "classic" single cards for unlimited play are able to be purchased with tokens. I played the TCG since it first came out in the late 90s and some digital only promos from that era would be very cool to see.

Ive read some of the posts here. I think its great that things are finally coming to a close on being finished. And thus far things are looking great to my way of thinking. Im sure their are those who are still annoyed at one thing or another, but they'll change once the final product is online. And to those who cheat to get around the tokens or gems or anything else; those who get caught should be delt with in a manner to make an example of. I don't see the need to cheat when their are so many ways to get and save up tokens and getting boosters as it is. There is no reason for anyone to cheat. The programmers and the mods have done a great job to make everything fair for everyone. Well see you around the game.Later.

I wish I hadn't spent all those 10000+ tokens I made from watching videos and playing games.. Such a bummer..

• 3 weeks later...

I was ready to about 60 minutes ago. Then we had a meeting about the state of the latest test build, and now I'm in a bit of a holding pattern until I am told just how much of a rewrite will be necessary. If it doesn't get posted today, it'll go up my Tuesday at the latest. :(

Archived