Is it normal to get 2 copies of a starter deck?

jci19

I used to play this game a while back. I bought a couple of starter decks. I unlocked them and i got all the cards. When you play with them in the trainer challenge, and unlock all the cards for the starter deck it gives you another copy of the same deck. Well, it did for me. Is that the same for all starter decks, or was I just lucky somehow?

You get it when you complete the wins needed to unlock the cards in the deck, i dont think its a duplicate, but im not sure whats its purpose, probably so you can use it in duels or tourneys, not sure but it happens! :P

Its weird because I got 2 copies of all of the starter decks I bought. I bought maybe 4 of them, and I opened them up and got the cards. Then you unlock all the cards in the trainer challenge, and I got another copy of all 4 of the decks.

Actually all the cards are tradeable. I could also use the first copy in pvp. For example, I had the accelgore deck. I know have 8 accelgore, all of which are from the theme deck.

I've noticed this too, it's greatly appreciated. It could be a glitch but it could also be so that you always have at least the minimum amount of cards to compose your theme deck while also letting you trade away cards you actually purchased. It seems to only be limited to the contents of a theme deck though as the bonus cards I obtained in my Nightfall challenge box were not given a untradable counterpart. Which ever the case it's helped me greatly in being able to make a deck that doesn't have a bunch of vestigial low hp basics since I don't have many (exactly 2) powerful EX cards from my few random packs to beef them up.

Archived