Sign in to follow this  
Battler077

¿Rotation 2013-2014?

Battler077

hi trainers im concerned about something that i heard in the last Battle Road. its about some kind of rotation that they are going to do in August before/after the World Championship, i think. is that true?. if it is, which sets are going to be removed?.

TBurrows9730

Rotations are after Worlds I believe. Worlds is in August.

Once they did before but that was an exception based on a rule change and pokemon ability conflicting.

So two great mysteries in pokemon:

What is the rotation?

Where will Worlds be (next year)?

Battler077

if the rotation affects several current BW sets, then......................oh no!

no, please dont take my Fliptini out! no, Retaliate Terrakion! no, Pokémon Catcher! no, Shaymin-EX!

Battler077

all of you players should be more concerned because some of your favorite cards may be no longer legal.

TBurrows9730
all of you players should be more concerned because some of your favorite cards may be no longer legal.

There is a rotation every year. The Modified Format is then the current tournament legal cards. The Unlimited allows for using your favorite cards after rotation.

coraguardian

As for speculation about the next modified format, normally, they remove the 3-5 oldest sets. It would made sense, in my opinion, to keep all exes playable which mean the would have to keep Next destinies as the oldest set. It would then remove 3 sets which coincide with what they normally do. Then again, a couple years ago they kept all sets for another year and another time they removed 11 sets. SO maybe the modified format won't change this year but we wont know for a couple more months.

Battler077
As for speculation about the next modified format, normally, they remove the 3-5 oldest sets. It would made sense, in my opinion, to keep all exes playable which mean the would have to keep Next destinies as the oldest set. It would then remove 3 sets which coincide with what they normally do. Then again, a couple years ago they kept all sets for another year and another time they removed 11 sets. SO maybe the modified format won't change this year but we wont know for a couple more months.

i hope they dont, or we have to say goodbye to several good cards

Shogun_Warrior

Hey all, I wouldn't be to worried. Either way, we will all be able to play the type of decks we like playing. So rather if its unlimited format or modified format; we will be able to play what ever cards or decks we like the most. So their is no point in getting upset over nothing. Later all.

Battler077

sorry for reviving this thread but i have to say this. all my fears has been confirmed. the sets before Next Destinies will be rotated out(Good bye Black & White, Emerging Powers and Noble Victories)(*snif*).

Mod_Poplar

Hello Battler077,

This is a reminder that posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. Please refrain from doing so in the future. I will be closing this thread.