Suggestion: AI decks

GR0

With AI now using cards with all usable cards, and there being a rewards system for beating trainers, I thought it would be an excellent time to re-suggest this:

How about the ability to use AI decks in Trainer Challenge only? It would work simple: once you achieved 30.000 points from beating a trainer, you earn their deck on top of the existing rewards (in case AI use different decks on different difficulties: you earn their "normal difficulty"-deck: the deck of the difficulty that is supposed to be neither weakened nor strengthened). These decks have no unlocks, they're provided as-is (no need to waste manhours on that).

It would benefit everyone: extra decks for Trainer Challenge is always nice, and it might persuade players to want and try to get certain cards they really liked. Heck, you could even add a "Buy this deck for Versus!"-button where players can spend gems to unlock the cards in Versus, or anything.

Hopefully this idea will be taken into consideration, it would be a really nice addition.

A while ago I saw that people would really love to have mono-color decks of each type (in the discussion topic of the new Trainer Challenge scoring system). This suggestion would nicely solve that (except Dragon mono-color, but that type's not meant as mono-color anyway), on top of offering some nice new color combinations and such. So, once again a nice reason in favor of this.

Earning their decks to use against them or even purchase and modify using tokens and/or gems for pvp would be nice. I do agree that it would probably persuade ppl to buy the cards for their physical irl decks. Yugioh has taken advantage of this with the duelingnetwork.com there players have access to all cards ever printed and cards that aren't even printed but eventually will get printed, example fire kings structure deck was accessible on the duelingnetwork 5 months before it was printed and released and once it was released almost all card selling stores in my area were sold out of the $12 stucture deck and same for the $25 card shark drake including online sites were sold out of that the day it was released because players already had a chance to see it and build/modify decks to use it. Pokemon tcg would must likely see an increase in the physical sale of irl cards if players could see them before buying them exspecaily for new players who question if they want to purchase cards and learn the game. Besides trainer challenge already offers 6 free decks, almost 90% of staple trainers for meta play plus 46 free packs for mastering each trainer so what's to lose

My only reservation for this happening, is that those decks actually have some really strong cards, the EXs in particular, which I highly doubt they'd give away for free like that. Which is why I thought it would be nice to at least have the mono color decks (psychic, metal, dragon, dark, colorless), so that there's more variety in the original decks availale to players for modification.

On the other hand, I think it is far more likely for the developers to give us the decks that the AI opponents already use, rather than coming up with completely new mono color decks, even though I'd prefer the latter. So yes, I support this idea, or any other kind of solution in that direction!

This was most recently discussed in the New trainer challenge scoring system thread:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?33882-New-trainer-challenge-scoring-system

My only reservation for this happening, is that those decks actually have some really strong cards, the EXs in particular, which I highly doubt they'd give away for free like that. Which is why I thought it would be nice to at least have the mono color decks (psychic, metal, dragon, dark, colorless), so that there's more variety in the original decks availale to players for modification.

On the other hand, I think it is far more likely for the developers to give us the decks that the AI opponents already use, rather than coming up with completely new mono color decks, even though I'd prefer the latter. So yes, I support this idea, or any other kind of solution in that direction!

This was most recently discussed in the New trainer challenge scoring system thread:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?33882-New-trainer-challenge-scoring-system

That's exactly why I suggest it to be for the Trainer Challenge only. That way, you'd still need to pay up for those EX's and such where it matters (Versus). You're right that they're of course not going to hand those cards over for free.

If anything, this'd be a great introduction to players of how such cards play, boosting sales. And it would offer a new way to sell cards (selling the deck as a bundle for Gems - but it of course wouldn't count as a theme deck, way too OP for that format), but that'd be optional.

Yes, you're right. I don't even know how I missed that in your original post, I am so sorry! However, this means we were talking about totally different things all along. As the suggestion for the mono-color decks aims at people having more freedom to chose at a very early stage in the versus mode what type of pokemon they want to fight with. It's not about the variety of the trainer challenge, it's about the cards available in one's collection.

Archived