Latios and Latias HGSS Promos Value

Rewdboy05

I was looking for a set and I was wondering what everyone valued them at? I remember seeing someone offering two Gold Catchers for each of them a while back but they come up for trade so rarely that I really don't know what they're worth aside from the fact that people have been going crazy over them and the BW9 Zoroark lately. Is there any kind of a consensus on this at all? If you saw them on the public board, what would you pay/offer?

Additionally, anyone know why the interest in these three cards basically exploded over the last month or so?

It's tough to place a value on these but I can tell you they are very scarce. No one really knows how many of each are online but it's believed to be only a few dozen. One problem is they are very old promos that are extremely limited and half of the that exist might be resting in old accounts that have retired. Also most that do have them wont give them up for anything.

I appreciate the insight, Gravy. Looks like the community is about as confused on the topic as I am. Looks like I'm going to have to get creative. I'll make sure to let you and your team know if I find out anything worthwhile.

How exactly do you get them anyway? I mean isn't there a real life blister pack that gives you an online code or something?

Well, the rumor that I heard was that they were originally from a blister that included three packs, the physical Latios/Latias card and a code card for the promo and three packs. They also saw a very limited release and only in very targeted regions. I don't currently have any verification on that but it's the best info I've got right now.

Well, the rumor that I heard was that they were originally from a blister that included three packs, the physical Latios/Latias card and a code card for the promo and three packs. They also saw a very limited release and only in very targeted regions. I don't currently have any verification on that but it's the best info I've got right now.

That is how the cards were released in real life, I don't however believe that there was a code card in the blister pack (kinda like the Zoroark BLW9 question now). Seeing as I am the only person who has actually knowingly pulled one (that I know of course) I found one of them in a HS Base Set Series Booster Pack over a year ago, from my understanding they were only available in the packs for a few weeks and were incredibly rare.

Interesting. I had heard reports of that before but they were always third or fourth-hand accounts so I didn't think that was likely the case. Knowing that actually happened with the Zoroark promo though makes me tend to believe that's probably how it went down.

Archived