Black and White rules to go into effect 4/25

coreycubed

The new rule changes are in the theme decks, and here's the summary:

• Trainers<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> are now Item cards

• No restrictions on first turn play (except evolution)

• New Black and White cards will have Abilities, not Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies

• Errata on Pluspower, Rare Candy, Potion and Great Ball

The Trading Card Game Online already abides by these new rules. Read the article on PokéBeach for the full breakdown: pokebeach.com/2011/04/black-white-rule-changes

Feel free to ask questions, but­ read the article first, please!

Is there a resource to see the current wording of a card? (like the Oracle wording mode on Gatherer, if you play MTG)

Is there (going to be) a way to switch Pokémon TCG Online into showing current wording, instead of printed wording? I hope so, because cards that say things like "remove 2 damage counters" always make me want to remove the 50-damage counters >_>

(Once again I realize that the preciseness of Magic wording and rules have spoiled me. Filters that only filter actual profanity have, too.)

Is there a resource to see the current wording of a card? (like the Oracle wording mode on Gatherer, if you play MTG)

Is there (going to be) a way to switch Pokémon TCG Online into showing current wording, instead of printed wording? I hope so, because cards that say things like "remove 2 damage counters" always make me want to remove the 50-damage counters >_>

(Once again I realize that the preciseness of Magic wording and rules have spoiled me. Filters that only filter actual profanity have, too.)

The TCG Online already plays by current wording, as far as I know. Potion shows the new amount, and cards with errata applied say so at the bottom of the card. (Great Ball, etc.)

I don't think they are going to retroactively change the wording on the cards from DP through Call of Legends, but­ the new rules sheet does tell you how to apply it to the game state. I think for all intents and purposes, a "damage counter" has always represented 10 damage and the 50 damage counters are just for convenience so as not to obscure the card. (No one I know actually uses them when playing the TCG, anyway - we all use d6.)

Archived