• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AAA-Pikachu-AAA

• Dr-Professor

• Battler077

• Walrus58

Dr-Professor

But really, WHY did you have four Scraggy? I'm not beating you down, I'm just wondering what the strategical advantage was to having four of ***.

Dr-Professor

Oh, that makes sense. Which deck has 4 Scraggy? Raiders and Voltage Vortex only have 2-3 each.

AAA-Pikachu-AAA

Challenge of the week:

Build a deck with no EX, Primes, or Catchers. Battle with it in Expert, and report back with your deck, and your Win/Loss

Good Luck!

Tureckao

4x Rattata (UD)

3x Shiftry (NXD)

1x Darkrai (PR)

2x Raticate (BCR)

3x Nuzleaf (NXD)

2x Sableye (DEX)

3x Seedot (NXD)

3x Skyla

2x Super Scoop Up

4x Professor Oak's New Theory

4x Hypnotoxic Laser

2x Pokemon Catcher

1x Colress

2x Super Rod

4x Devolution Spray

1x Gold Potion

2x Cheren

1x Random Receiver

3x Level Ball

2x DCE

12x Dark Energy

This deck is really fun to play with.

There are many ways to use it, so I won't describe.

Catchers and Pokemon that can dmg benched are my weakness. Also it is really weaK against rock/fight type, of course.

20/27 so far.

Walrus58

Okay, in response to AAA Pikachu AAA's challenge I made this variant of my Eevee deck:

2 Leafeon

1 Flareon

2 Glaceon

1 Jolteon

2 Espeon

1 Umbreon

4 Eevee

2 Absol

2 Cobalion NVI (non-EX)

3 Colress Machine

4 HTL

2 Level B

3 Super R

1 Scrapper

1 Ultra B

2 Bianca

2 Colress

3 N

3 Juniper

3 Virbank

1 Team Plasma Badge

1 Water Energy

2 Psychic

2 Dark

2 Metal

2 PFLD Blend

2 LWMF Blend

4 Plasma Energy

The result? I didn't come here to brag: over ten games it was near total humiliation. Folks don't refrain from playing their Catchers, EXes and Ace Specs just because you don't have them.

My wins:

1 against a Basic Orange deck

1 against Blastoise/Keldeo (if this one had Black Kyruem EX I didn't see it)

1 against a Gothitelle/Mew/Accelgor deck

Losses:

3 against Deoxys/Kyurem/Thundurus/Snorlax (I believe an infant could've beaten me with this)

1 against Mewtwos with Gardevoir acceleration (which never got off the ground)

1 against Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem (Black Ballista does terrible things to a Leafeon)

1 against a Hammertime deck (but not before I took three prizes)

1 against a rogue deck playing Kyurem PF and Dusknoir together

It was fun, but if I do it again I'll try with a different deck.

pk92129
Okay, in response to AAA Pikachu AAA's challenge I made this variant of my Eevee deck:

2 Leafeon

1 Flareon

2 Glaceon

1 Jolteon

2 Espeon

1 Umbreon

4 Eevee

2 Absol

2 Cobalion NVI (non-EX)

3 Colress Machine

4 HTL

2 Level B

3 Super R

1 Scrapper

1 Ultra B

2 Bianca

2 Colress

3 N

3 Juniper

3 Virbank

1 Team Plasma Badge

1 Water Energy

2 Psychic

2 Dark

2 Metal

2 PFLD Blend

2 LWMF Blend

4 Plasma Energy

The result? I didn't come here to brag: over ten games it was near total humiliation. Folks don't refrain from playing their Catchers, EXes and Ace Specs just because you don't have them.

My wins:

1 against a Basic Orange deck

1 against Blastoise/Keldeo (if this one had Black Kyruem EX I didn't see it)

1 against a Gothitelle/Mew/Accelgor deck

Losses:

3 against Deoxys/Kyurem/Thundurus/Snorlax (I believe an infant could've beaten me with this)

1 against Mewtwos with Gardevoir acceleration (which never got off the ground)

1 against Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem (Black Ballista does terrible things to a Leafeon)

1 against a Hammertime deck (but not before I took three prizes)

1 against a rogue deck playing Kyurem PF and Dusknoir together

It was fun, but if I do it again I'll try with a different deck.

Nice! I can barely hold my own against EX players without using EX.

Chocobullock

Pretty standard Lando/Mewtwo/Tornadus deck here. Ran 19 matches in novice just to figure everything out about it, but will be switching to Expert when servers are back up :P

Pokemon: - 10

3 Landorus EX

3 Mewtwo EX

2 Tornadus EX

2 Bouffalant

Trainers - 36

4 Prof. Juniper

4 N (don't really like him tbh, would rather use something else if possible)

3 Bianca

3 Skyla

1 Scramble Switch

4 Ultra Ball

3 Switch

4 Pokemon Catcher

3 Energy Switch

4 Hypnotoxic Lase

2 Virbank Gym

1 Max Potion

Energy - 14

10 Fighting

4 Double Colorless.

TakoKid

First time making a deck here, I just put everything I have in this deck

Pokemon: 20

Beldum - 3

Metang - 2

Metagross - 2

Eevee - 2

Espeon - 2

Grimer - 3

Muk - 2

Buffalant - 2

Mewtwo - 1

Deoxys - 1

Trainers: 25

Colress Machine - 1

Energy Retrieval - 2

Hypno Laser - 2

Pokemon Catcher - 2

Switch - 1

Plasma Ball - 2

Cheren - 2

Cilan - 4

N - 2

Juniper - 2

Colress - 2

Shadow Traid - 2

Rock Guard - 1

Energy: 15

Psychic - 11

DCE - 2

Plasma Energy - 2

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

Battler077

hey guys here´s a deck idea that i get just right now. i call it Iron Jaws.

Pokémon: 14

Durant x4(Devour)

Klink x4(Smash Turn or Rigidify)

Klang x2(which one?)

Klinklang x2(Shift Gear)

Dark Klinklang x2(Plasma)

Energy: 10

Metal Energy x10

Trainers: 36

Hugh x4

Ghetsis x3

Cheren x3

Rare Candy x3

Level Ball x3

Pokémon Catcher x3

Revive x4

Eviolte x4------------------->May replace it in the future with Silver Mirror

Heavy Ball x3

Float Stone x2

Skyarrow Bridge x1

Tool Scrapper x3

the idea is to Devour slowly and stealthily your opponent´s deck with Durant while they are protected with Dark Klinklang Plasma Steel. move the energies when you need to with Klinklang Shift Gear. i use Hugh instead of N because, in this way, my opponent could end with cards that he/she doesn´t need in his/her hand and cards that he/she may ABSOLUTELY need in his/her discard pile. any suggestions to improve this deck are welcome.

Edited by Battler077
AAA-Pikachu-AAA

Hugh and Silver Mirror are both decent cards, but Hugh has you discard cards and Silver Mirror only works if your opponent's pokemon are Plasma pokemon. Both of them are and have situations and weaknesses. 1 out of 10 of the decks I run against have Team Plasma Pokemon, and when I ran a durant deck, every single card counted. Keep the evolite and replace Hugh with N. That way since your opponent will probably knock your durants out every so often, they can draw less cards.

Battler077
Hugh and Silver Mirror are both decent cards, but Hugh has you discard cards and Silver Mirror only works if your opponent's pokemon are Plasma pokemon. Both of them are and have situations and weaknesses. 1 out of 10 of the decks I run against have Team Plasma Pokemon, and when I ran a durant deck, every single card counted. Keep the evolite and replace Hugh with N. That way since your opponent will probably knock your durants out every so often, they can draw less cards.

eeemm.. i dont think so, Hugh may be useful in this deck because i tried a similar durant deck with N and my opponent had a very HUGE hand. after i used N my opponent shuffled all his entire hand into his deck, so is Not a good idea(lol).

Walrus58
eeemm.. i dont think so, Hugh may be useful in this deck because i tried a similar durant deck with N and my opponent had a very HUGE hand. after i used N my opponent shuffled all his entire hand into his deck, so is Not a good idea(lol).

I think the tool to use is Rescue Scarf. I was persuaded by another Durant discussion that Hugh is fine. But your big problem is that nowadays it's very easy to put up a non-EX basic like Cobalion NVI or Absol or Blastoise and just sit there and take a prize every turn. It's a very effective anti-Durant strategy. To counter it, I'd recommend Lasers and Virbanks, which will force your opponents to switch out their active Pokemon, perhaps discarding energy to do so.

extorcion

i have a simmilar deck, but instead of darkrais ex and umbreons i used zoruas and DE zoroaks which do 20 damage times the dark pokemon you have in bench, making it also 120 damage for 2 energies, but that is not all its best attack is the one which cand do 20 damage times the damage counters on zoroak, so the more hurt he gets, the more stronger he becomes

Dr-Professor

Has anyone ever trued Mienshao (with Knock Off) and the Hugh combo? I built a quick deck with those and it's alright, it just has a problem about decking out. I'm running a 2-2-2 Dusknoir 4-4 Mienshao, 2 Throh (basic orange) and a Sawk (Karate Chop or whatever his 70- attack is called). Any ideas? I'm also running 3 Lasers, 3 Hammers, 2 Hugh, 4 N, 2 Colress, 3 Level Ball, 3 Rocky Helmet. Like I said, the main problem is decking out. It just happens so fast.