I have an idea on how to get new cards.

TodZ

I remember reading a post talking about how we will obtain cards when the full games come out. I don't know what the mods have in mind but I have an idea on how it can work.

There would be two ways to obtain cards through your tokens or through cash. Tokens can be used to purchase on line boosters or even decks. How ever their very pricey. decks would cost something like 200 tokens perhaps even more. Boosters would cost less but would still be costly. This is were cash comes in.

If you don't want to build up 200 or more tokens to get your new deck you can just fork over a ten and get it instantly. I feel this is a good idea because you every one has the same chance to get every card/deck and it avoids the trouble of paying users becoming overpowered. Remember some people such as my self and little kids can't afford to spend money on digital cards. People like them should not be totally out classed by those with bigger pocket books.

On the other hand those who are willing to pay can save them self's time and energy and give them self's an advantage.

And at the end of the day this system will ensure that it is skill not money that determines the winner in turnies and other such things.

So what do you all think?

I had another idea actually ^^ it's either cards for gems and gifts for tokens. Or a small number of gems is a big number of tokens. And this game can't be costing anything, there are kids here you know

Yeah, I have heard rumors that the gems will make things less expensive *********** you to pay money... After all it only states in the FAQ that it doesn't costs money to MAINTAIN an account... So, who knows? That could sway either way... (that rhymes!!)

EDIT: Fixed, after much confusion! wink_smile.png

I had another idea actually ^^ it's either cards for gems and gifts for tokens. Or a small number of gems is a big number of tokens. And this game can't be costing anything, there are kids here you know

And yet kids play with the physical Pokémon cards and have been since 1996. cool_smile.png

After all it only states in the FAQ that it costs money to MAINTAIN an account...

Hi NintenDuck,

Which FAQ are you refering to? The Trainer Challenge is free to play.

Thank you.

After all it only states in the FAQ that it costs money to MAINTAIN an account...

Hi NintenDuck,

Which FAQ are you refering to? The Trainer Challenge is free to play.

Thank you.

So does that mean EVERYTHING? if so the cool!

The one under "Support". I was just browsin' available sections when it was down for maintenance, and I found a part that talked about how it was free to maintain an account.

So does that mean EVERYTHING? if so the cool!

The Trainer Challenge is not "everything". The Deck Builder and TCGO are separate and no announcements have been made about their cost that I am aware of.

The one under "Support". I was just browsin' available sections when it was down for maintenance, and I found a part that talked about how it was free to maintain an account.

But­ your earlier quote said "it only states in the FAQ that it costs money to MAINTAIN an account..." (false), and now you are saying it's free to maintain an account. (true) So you see why people were confused by your statements.

Eh, I'd say maybe a booster pack for that much.*** wouldn't be fair if you got to pick and choose the best cards available: that could get abused WAY too quickly. Just like Ubers.

In the idea of free playing....why is necessary to buy the news decks (black and white) to receive the codes and play with them in online? Should they be free like the others 3?

In the final product of the game, the will exist anothers situations like this?

Is very confusing to know in future, will be a free online game with premium section(pokemon ex, lv up, etc) or totally free, with all cards even the more rares?

Last thing: Nice game.

Because *cue creepy voice* we've got to have more money...

*back to normal voice* Anyway, yeah, they need SOME way of making money off of this, otherwise it can't sustain itself. That's why most MMO's always charge an arm and a leg for everything; they not only want to keep afloat, they want to make money, too.

Because *cue creepy voice* we've got to have more money...

*back to normal voice* Anyway, yeah, they need SOME way of making money off of this, otherwise it can't sustain itself. That's why most MMO's always charge an arm and a leg for everything; they not only want to keep afloat, they want to make money, too.

About them needing to make money off of this. They don't. They make enough money off of the games and plushies in one week, to fuel this game for a year. In approximately one month, the pokemon corp makes over 30 million dollars(guestimate).

I don't see why we'd have to pay for anything.

I just think you should only have to buy everything with tokens(and obviously) booster packs would cost less then starter oacks, et cetera.

Again, this is just an opinion, and makes perfect sense.

In the idea of free playing....why is necessary to buy the news decks (black and white) to receive the codes and play with them in online? Should they be free like the others 3?

In the final product of the game, the will exist anothers situations like this?

Is very confusing to know in future, will be a free online game with premium section(pokemon ex, lv up, etc) or totally free, with all cards even the more rares?

Last thing: Nice game.

Because it's advertising for the online game.

Ugh, I dislike arguments like this. "Such-and-such company makes "ENOUGH" money, so this should be free!"

That's just silly. Companies are made up of people who are doing this as a job, and hence, they are trying to be paid. As much as possible, I'd imagine. After all, I don't think anyone would turn down a raise because "Oh, I have enough money."

Look at it this way. Disney makes tons of money off its movies. Does that mean they need to make Disneyworld free admission? Of course not.

The idea of this game was probably to make it more fun to play the tcg game, then more people playing more, and buys more cards in real life. And the pokemon company earns more money, Therefor , this program is free.(and everything in it). Some people dislike this talk about "earning money". But thats how it works in this world, It's all about to make money. However, pokemon is worth to spend a lot of money on!

/sry for misspelling and bad grammar/ Im no "ace" when it comes to the english language( :

Archived