Ir para conteúdo

When do Pokemon cards go out of print?

signofzeta

Posts Recomendados

1. How long is a certain set in print?

2. As of right now, what is the latest set to be out of print?

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

That's like saying, "How long until <insert book edition here> goes out of print?" There's no one uniform timeline for when each set goes out of print. As for your second question... *goes over to Bulbapedia* ...dangit! That one's a toughie! I don't really know, since a lot of the time stores keep older sets stocked for much longer than when a new set comes out to replace it, and Bulbapedia isn't telling! omg_smile.png

Link para o comentário

It really is up tot he shops that sell them, usually they will stop selling a set once it has been rotated out of the Modified Format, but i have seen even Ex-Power Keepers as recently as a few weeks ago in normal shops, so it can be a bit random.

Link para o comentário

The base sets you can buy them online, and my mall in the card store they still sell crystal guardians and power keepers.

Link para o comentário

Out of print != sold out. Totally different things.

Ok let me try this again, what is the latest pokemon tcg expansion set to not run through the printing press? That is, what is the latest set to go out of print? That is, what is the newest set where the cards aren't made fresh from the factory anymore?

What you are saying is that the 2004 Magic the Gathering set known as Saviors of Kamigawa is not out of print because it is still sold in stores, while in reality it is out of print because the cards aren't being actively printed through the printing presses, and brand new cards are actively made.

So, what is the last set to go out of print?

Link para o comentário

Well, if something is out of print, it isn't sold, so they're kind of related. As for your other question, why don't you dress up in all black, wear a ski mask, and sneak into the TCG printing factory to find out! //sarcasm.

Anyway, unless you do that, there's really no other way to know which ones are being printed and which ones have stopped, but I would assume that they stop printing a set when a newer one comes out.

Link para o comentário

about a year ago, i was looking for some HS Unleashed packs so went into my local Toys R us to find a box of FOSSIL booster packs!!!

they're like 10 years old or something now.

Link para o comentário

about a year ago, i was looking for some HS Unleashed packs so went into my local Toys R us to find a box of FOSSIL booster packs!!!

they're like 10 years old or something now.

That's nothing compared to finding Structure Decks from the original Base Set a few weeks back at Kansas States. I picked up the Overgrowth deck just for nostalgia while I was there.

Link para o comentário

There is a card store here that is still selling base set booster packs /boxes/ and structure decks..... been tempting to get a box just for memory sake.

Link para o comentário

• 1 month later...

I remember going to Target, Walgreens, and Lucky and finding old cards. My friend also mentioned of a store that has SUPER old Pokemon cards.

I guess you just have to get lucky.

Link para o comentário

Arquivado

Este tópico foi arquivado e está fechado para novas respostas.

• Criar Novo...