Awards

math99percent

I say that in order to get new cards, you should get cards as awards for if you won a game. They would vary depending on how well you did during the battle. So, please moderators, make awards for winning games.

I think there should be awards for winning games (and there probably will be), but not cards.

Good idea. Maybe earning like 1 point per game and 5 points gets you a booster pack.

Anything that requires money should not be rewarded for winning games. No one would buy packs if they did that. If we win points for winning games, they should be used on things that don't cost money, like new coins or avatar apparel or stuff.

Well, IMO the whole reason for this SHOULD be to get newer players in the game, and get them to try the real life game. But no, they have to have an additional cost to play. I think since some of us can't afford to buy ridiculous ammounts of codes to play an online game that does nothing to our real life status, we should at least be able to get some free stuff. After all, there is no goal in this game currently.

Well, IMO the whole reason for this SHOULD be to get newer players in the game, and get them to try the real life game. But no, they have to have an additional cost to play. I think since some of us can't afford to buy ridiculous ammounts of codes to play an online game that does nothing to our real life status, we should at least be able to get some free stuff. After all, there is no goal in this game currently.

• Just like it costs money to produce physical cards, it costs money for servers and bandwidth. Real life packs are expensive, yes, but you can just buy the codes themselves EXTREMELY cheap. Real life packs cost about $4 if you buy them at a store, but if you buy just the codes themselves, they only cost $1 a pop. In fact, I found a seller who sold them to me for 75 cents. You can't beat that. I am very satisfied with the costs of the game right now.
  • Here's my compromise: How about when we win enough games, we get special PROMO cards that aren't available in any packs, like Victory Medal, or cards like Zoroark that have alternate artwork. Yea? Nay?

• Just like it costs money to produce physical cards, it costs money for servers and bandwidth. Real life packs are expensive, yes, but you can just buy the codes themselves EXTREMELY cheap. Real life packs cost about $4 if you buy them at a store, but if you buy just the codes themselves, they only cost $1 a pop. In fact, I found a seller who sold them to me for 75 cents. You can't beat that. I am very satisfied with the costs of the game right now.

• Here's my compromise: How about when we win enough games, we get special PROMO cards that aren't available in any packs, like Victory Medal, or cards like Zoroark that have alternate artwork. Yea? Nay?

I don't see why we couldn't get sampler packs for in-game points. I can understand the full-fledged packs costing money, but you'd think they'd let you get three imaginary cards for free. The special Promo cards are a good idea, but they would take a LOT of games to get, because otherwise... well, they would pretty much lose their status as 'rare' cards.

Alternatively, they could let us rack up points and buy the old cards from sets like the Base set, Fossil set, or Gym Leader sets, for example, and then have a play option for the old-style cards. These guys probably aren't exactly hurting for money if they can host Pokemon.com, the NA Dream World AND the online TCG, and I'm sure the old cards would be decidedly easier to program than the newer ones, where only the select few Pokemon don't have PokePowers or PokeBodies and you can only use one Bill per turn.

Anything that requires money should not be rewarded for winning games. No one would buy packs if they did that. If we win points for winning games, they should be used on things that don't cost money, like new coins or avatar apparel or stuff.

The problem with this is that no one buys packs for codes, people buy packs for the cards and the code is just an added bonus.

Having the codes is just an excuse to make money; this is for sure. But the effectiveness of it should be called into question. The people that buy the packs buy them for the cards and not to simply tose those aside for just the code. Nintendo is not making money because people who are buying packs would have bought them anyway code or no code. I feel that the point of online should be to bring in people who do not play, get them hooked, and then encourage them to buy cards in real life. The online aspect should not be secluded to just a few people.

Having the way it is now in closed beta is perfectly fine, I understand this, but when they do decide to leave the beta phase they need to consider changing it to make it more consumer friendly.

I think that they should do it so that anyone can play the game, but in order to earn more cards players would have to win against other players in order to earn cards (or packs). It would hook new players into the game and maybe encourage them to play in real life as well. Players can get codes in the packs as well if they do not want to earn the cards by playing against others. With this system, players can get in the game more.

Of course, Nintendo could maybe add a fee to acess the online in their as well, but the current system is horriblely designed from a player standpoint as well as from a business standpoint.

Look at Yugioh, there are a few online simulators that are absolutely free and give you every single cards in the game as apposed to the garbage system of pokemon where you are give a few cards and expected to trade with others who dont have anything or who are to stingy to trade away anything unless its for Reishram or Zekrom. Which game is more popular and makes more money? Yugioh

well tbh your all wrong...you are all forgetting this is beta which means that nothing is finalized yet...i think that for ranked games (in the tcgo) a reward would be very cool and a card (possibly a random card from the oppositions deck) is a good idea as if your on the tcgo chances are youve already spent money to get there so something back would be very cool, not totally for the free players getting in on it as someone did rightly point out it would put people off buying codes etc....i have not got a single poke card irl and i dont intend to buy i any i got a single code off a friend which i paid for cuz he bought a load offline...so yes people out there DO just buy the codes and with that ONE code i have traded hard and now have a collection of over 300 different types of cards so yeah good post to the op others need to think more before posting and keep in mind nothing is finalized just yet

I say that in order to get new cards, you should get cards as awards for if you won a game. They would vary depending on how well you did during the battle. So, please moderators, make awards for winning games.

I agree but think that the cards should be the type that your opponent has and if your opponent is good you get good cards.angel_smile.png

Interesting ideas being thrown around here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... whatchutalkingabout_smile.png

ICO

"Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!"

i am confused by one thing that seems to have alot of people stumped mods and devs are different on pretty much all game forums im a member of mods just moderate the forums, yet here it seems people think the mods are the devs so clear this up for me please do you guys do any of the programming or like others can u just put your idea forward to the actual devs which means u yaying/naying things is actually pretty pointless?

i am confused by one thing that seems to have alot of people stumped mods and devs are different on pretty much all game forums im a member of mods just moderate the forums, yet here it seems people think the mods are the devs so clear this up for me please do you guys do any of the programming or like others can u just put your idea forward to the actual devs which means u yaying/naying things is actually pretty pointless?

Most of the mods here are just mods that don't program anything. Rumour has it the rest are developers, but those guys don't post/read the forum.

well tbh your all wrong...you are all forgetting this is beta which means that nothing is finalized yet...i think that for ranked games (in the tcgo) a reward would be very cool and a card (possibly a random card from the oppositions deck) is a good idea as if your on the tcgo chances are youve already spent money to get there so something back would be very cool, not totally for the free players getting in on it as someone did rightly point out it would put people off buying codes etc....i have not got a single poke card irl and i dont intend to buy i any i got a single code off a friend which i paid for cuz he bought a load offline...so yes people out there DO just buy the codes and with that ONE code i have traded hard and now have a collection of over 300 different types of cards so yeah good post to the op others need to think more before posting and keep in mind nothing is finalized just yet

You need to think before posting as everything you have said is pointless and invalid... and I do not have to explain why your reasons are invalid... See... what... I... did... there...?...................

I don't see why we couldn't get sampler packs for in-game points. I can understand the full-fledged packs costing money, but you'd think they'd let you get three imaginary cards for free. The special Promo cards are a good idea, but they would take a LOT of games to get, because otherwise... well, they would pretty much lose their status as 'rare' cards.

Alternatively, they could let us rack up points and buy the old cards from sets like the Base set, Fossil set, or Gym Leader sets, for example, and then have a play option for the old-style cards. These guys probably aren't exactly hurting for money if they can host Pokemon.com, the NA Dream World AND the online TCG, and I'm sure the old cards would be decidedly easier to program than the newer ones, where only the select few Pokemon don't have PokePowers or PokeBodies and you can only use one Bill per turn.

Rocket Phantom, I think that those are very good ideas for prizes, except I would like if you could play them right in the normal games too. I also like the idea of old-style format and play rules. I also agree that the old cards would be much easier to program. Keep up the good ideas, everybody!

Rocket Phantom, I think that those are very good ideas for prizes, except I would like if you could play them right in the normal games too. I also like the idea of old-style format and play rules. I also agree that the old cards would be much easier to program. Keep up the good ideas, everybody!

I don't know, it's just not fair to use the newer cars against the old cards. The old basic Pokemon have, on average, about 30 HP and do ten damage per hit (unless they're Rattata or Machop, of course). Most basic Pokemon now do twenty with a single energy (or 10x with a single energy) and average at 60 HP. A Kangaskhan from the Fossil set has 80 HP- a Kangaskhan nowadays has 180. Of course, it's still possible to beat a new-card deck with an old-card deck, but it's very difficult to do so, and all of us cool people who want to remake the Haymaker deck or the Raindance deck will find ourselves falling prey to much more complex decks that can do 50-bazillion damage in Energy multiplications.

Archived