How do you get good cards and be competitive?

pikalard

Every single person I face has crazy EX cards, while I am stuck with starter deck cards.

Needless to say, their basic EX will wipe my entire team before I even have a chance to do anything.

Play novice game... but some guys still use in novice. :(

Some poeples will suggest to take hours to take part in a tournment in the forum so can play the game and have a chance of winning. In my opinion, it takes too much time for only play the games and have some wins.

The Trading Card League Tournament offers a level where both the Gym Leaders AND challengers can only use cards from the free basic decks - so every player has an equal chance. There are free pack prizes, and it's well worth checking out :)

The Trading Card League Tournament offers a level where both the Gym Leaders AND challengers can only use cards from the free basic decks - so every player has an equal chance. There are free pack prizes, and it's well worth checking out :)

I'm going to point out once more what an opportunity this league is: You have the same cards to build your deck with as your opponent, there is no entree fee and if you can beat 5 gymleaders in a row you're already getting prizes! I have seen many people compete in this league and I'm sure there's quite a few of them who play in the basic format just to get some cards to start their collection. Give it a try, it can only help you, with cards or otherwise :)

• 1 year later...

Simply play with theme decks in the theme tournaments when they are open, then trade the cards you want online with the boosters you get from the tournaments and buy some starter decks with usefull cards (n,juniper, colress) from the shop and repeat

1. good cards are prespective. to me, first is plan your dream deck. to do this go to much battle with strong decks on standart battle, you'll get ideas to built some

2. after getting some plan, do much theme battle. its to get much ******* packs easily from wheel with fairly battle

3. if your dream deck wasnt complete enough, dont save those "expensive cards" you get (that you dont need for your dream deck) either from wheel or packs. just trade them to get some cards you need to built your dream deck. or trade them with bunch packs to buy those card you need (that need to buy with packs from another player) to built your dream deck.

4. if your dream deck are complete, go have fun. now you can safely saving those "expensive cards" you get from now

most people are rather saving their "expensive cards" they get, and not trade it to the other who need them / willing to buy them with much price. in fact that their "expensive cards" are cards that they not need now, and those card become much burden in your first journey. my point is, its useless saving cards you dont really need. until you got your dream deck, then its okay. do what you want

Hello trainers,

In order to maintain organization and to prevent confusion in the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. You can read more about this rule and others by clicking the Forum Rules link at the bottom of this page.

I'll be closing this thread now. Please feel free to try again with a new thread if you'd like to continue any aspect of this conversation!

Archived