post your deck RATIOS

eharima

im pretty new still and looking to build optimal for my style and currently have a

10/25/25

P /T /E

prolly could have less energy and more trainers if i had good ones, idk

just kinda curious to what ratio of Pokemon, trainer, energy cards you guys play in your 'main' deck

^^)b

For an average deck I would have about :

12-36-12

Pokemon-Trainers-Energies

But I have some decks which run stuff like:

16-44

Pokemon-Trainers

And no Energies.

no energy lol, how does that even work @_@

do you have any links to an example deck that uses that many trainers that I could look at?

or a deck with alot of trainers?

I obviously have a lot to learn still ><

i'm pretty new but there is one pokemon i could think of right now, and that is victini ex, with victory piece x4

won't be to great but can attack for free.

most meta(read: decks that win tournaments) decks run with 10-12 pokémon, 10-14 energy and the rest are trainers.Of those 30-40 cards around 15 will be supporters and the rest items. Most deck will try to run 4x N, 4x Juniper, 4x Bianca. Other great supporters are Colress and Skyla.

Most played items includes: Ba/lls (ultra,level,heavy,great(if you don't have better)), Pokémon Catcher, Switch, Ace Spec Computer Search, Eviolite(if you play many basic pokémon), Max Potion, Rare Candy(if you play Stage 2 Pokémon), Hypnotoxic Laser + Virbank City Gym. Those last 2 cards are from Plasma Storm and are really good in any deck if you can find them.

If you are new to the game you may want to play closer to 15 pokemon,17 energy and 28 trainers. I would suggest to start with getting your play set (4x) of supporters. Once it's done, your deck should already start to feel better.

As for the no energy deck, I have one with Flygon and Dusknoir but it doesn't win very often.

no energy lol, how does that even work @_@

do you have any links to an example deck that uses that many trainers that I could look at?

or a deck with alot of trainers?

I obviously have a lot to learn still ><

This is an older one so its not that relevant now [infact I know it wouldn't work now]:

Pokemon:28

4-3-4 Chandelure NVI

3-1-3 Vileplume UD

2-2 Blissey Prime

2-2 Dodrio UD

2 Cleffa HS

Supporters:24

4 N

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Professor Oak

4 Seeker

4 Twins

2 Flower Shop Lady

Items:8

4 Pokemon Communication

4 Rare Candies

Energies: 0

I think that was the first ever no Energies deck build I made. [This is HS-NVI format]

Pokemon:12

4-0-4 Kingdra Prime

4 Druddigon NVI

Item:32

4 Crushing Hammer

4 Junk Arm

4 Max Potion

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Pokemon Communication

4 Rare Candies

4 Switch

2 Super Rod

4 Rocky Helmet

Supporters:16

4 N

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Professor Juniper

4 Professor Oak

I also built this no Energies deck back then too. [This is HS-NVI format]

If those are a little outdated then this is a deck that I run now with no Energies:

Pokemon:14

4-1-4 Flygon BCR

2-1-2 Dusknoir BCR

Item:30

4 Crushing Hammer

4 Level Ball

4 Max Potion

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Switch

4 Ultra Ball

2 Escape Rope

4 Rescue Scarf

Supporters:16

4 Cheren

4 N

4 Skyla

4 Professor Juniper

This is a more modern one which I made in the BLW-BCR format, and is prob the best example of a no Energies deck now.

wow, thank you everyone for posting info, it has been a great help!

some really interesting builds and tips there, can't wait to trial a new deck if the server WOULD LET ME ON!!

i'm pretty new but there is one pokemon i could think of right now, and that is victini ex, with victory piece x4

won't be to great but can attack for free.

Victory piece is an ace spec, you can only have 1.

My deck of physical cards is 14 P / 29 T / 17 E, it's an in-progress RayEels

but 4/4/52 ?!?! do tell! ><

Trollmor. a joke deck but funny when it beats competitive decks. super inexpensive to make.

4- heatmor(plasma storm)

4- quick ball

52 fire energies.

throw in an ether if you feel lucky.

Wow, I've been playing with 30 Pokemon/12 Trainers/ and 18 Energy. I'd say I win just about as much as I lose, but maybe I've been going about this the wrong way looking at all of these other deck ratios. Though I don't really have any very good Pokemon like EX's or Basic Pokemon with 100+ HP or very good Trainer cards, and maybe that's why some people have very few Pokemon and a lot of Trainer cards in their deck?

Mewtwo ex/Darkrai ex/ reshiram/zekrom/ shaymin ex anf finally cherrim 4-4 line

played 27 wins 26

i actually lost once against pknkingnik who used speed darkrai with junk arms, forget sableye

who ever vs him( the dark gym leader) in unlimited is gonna cry

Mewtwo ex/Darkrai ex/ reshiram/zekrom/ shaymin ex anf finally cherrim 4-4 line

played 27 wins 26

i actually lost once against pknkingnik who used speed darkrai with junk arms, forget sableye

who ever vs him( the dark gym leader) in unlimited is gonna cry

oops my deck ratio is about 15-34-11

My speed darkrai deck in unlimited is 8/40/12

I have played too many basic orange then needed in unlimited expert lol

Trollmor. a joke deck but funny when it beats competitive decks. super inexpensive to make.

4- heatmor(plasma storm)

4- quick ball

52 fire energies.

throw in an ether if you feel lucky.

Ouch. If you just get the right cards, boom!

I try to run 20/20/20, but in reality it's anywhere from 18-25 Pokemon, no more than 22 Trainers, and the rest Energies. Note that I run dual-type decks almost exclusively so the high amount of energy is due to that.

I've been running 20/20/20 recently and it seems to work pretty well. I've made a deck for each energy type, where all the cards are just that one energy type unless I don't have enough(then I just add a few normals). Even have just a normal deck.

I just got the Furious Knights deck in the mail, and have made a Durant deck with the best cards I currently have. I have 6 Pokemon, 7 energy, and the rest are trainer cards. Won my first match with it, so I'm pretty happy with it for now. Might try to make that Heatmor deck that Cbatfanatiq posted since I like to use fun gimmicky decks. I only have one Heatmor at the moment though.

Archived