Nuzlocke Challenge!

Mod_Wolphee

I haven't seen really any threads that I can recall about the awesome adventure of a Nuzlocke Challenge! I just restarted my own Soul Silver to partake in this challenging way to play. Soul Silver just happens to be one of my favorite games anyways, I just love having your little Pokémon following you around!

I made this thread so others could share their experiences of the Nuzlocke Challenge, learn about it for the first time, or just tell us how their current challenge is going!

I chose Chikorita(I was so torn between him and Cyndaquil!). So far I've gotten a Hoothoot, Rattata, Pidgey, and Bellsprout. I'm about to challenge Falkner. :] Just trying to raise up some levels before challenging the gym leader. For those of you who are unaware of what the Nuzlocke Challenge is, it is this:

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released. (There is a variation to this, and that is to put it in a PC box and can not be used till after the Elite 4 - end of the Nuzlocke. I personally follow this as I just don't have the heart).
  • The player can only catch the first Pokémon they encounter in an area. If the first Pokémon flees or faints, then there are no second chances. If it's a Double Battle, the player must choose one.
  • Nicknaming your Pokémon is highly encouraged, since it creates a stronger bond.

So! Who else is trying this out or has past experiences!?

I'll do it, gotta considering your my favorite mod :D, I recently restarted my Silver Version (Not soul Silver) I choose Totadile. Im meet my Rival and beat him easy after spending forever trainer Draco the Totadile to Lv.13. After that I encounted a Rattata Lv.4 and caught it after using Seven Pokeballs, I named him Toothy. After obtaining the map from the old man, I went to the next route and caught a Ladyba and named her ladybug xD, I started training them to , Draco Evolved and s now Level 19, Toothy is Lv.18, and Ladybug is Lv.17.

Whaaa? How have I never heard of this?! I think this'll be a good way to restart my FireRed ^_^ and just for giggles, I'll dust off the old GBA SP to play it.

We'll see how devastating it turns out lol

Thank you Mnm! I try to be awesome. :D Keep us up to date on how you're doing in your Nuzlocke Challenge! That's the whole point of this thread! I think it's such an interesting way to experience the game and it's a great excuse to ***** out those old versions!

I'm so glad to hear you join the train Fembot! Good luck! Let us know how your challenge is progressing!

Hey, sorry haven't posted in a couple days been busy will school.

So As I walked into the Violet city gym It was too easy to defeat the Gym leader and Trainers. I skipped Sprout Tower, and am now on my way to the second gym, My team is Draco Level 24, Ladybug Level 22, and Toothy is Level 21.

I really do like these challenges, although I've stepped it up a notch: If you're playing an emulated version you can get a tool called a Randomizer which will randomize the pokemon you find in an area. You can literally find anything from a magikarp to a mewtwo in a route, or even as your starter choises. That makes it new every time, as there is no prediction possible :) It makes you really play in full adaptation mode :P

Archived