Question about other decks in Trainer Challenge....

DJPooka

This is probably a bit of a stupid question, but thought I better ask!

Yesterday I picked up one of the Plasma Storm decks (Plasma Shadow) and it was available in the Trainer Challenge so that I could use that against the 36 AI trainers. The odd thing is I noticed it said there were 11 unlockables for the deck, which confused me - so my questions are:

a) Is the 11 unlockable cards in addition to the 60 cards I got in the deck?

B) Are these 11 unlockable cards originally a part of the deck and merely "replaced" with something different to make the AI challenge a little more challenging?

c) Does this happen with every pre-con deck?

I hope someone can de-confuse me!

a) The unlockable cards are from your theme deck. When you play with a new theme deck for the first time, you don't start all 60 of the cards you have in your deck. 11 or 12 cards are taken out of your deck and are replaced with energy cards. Yes, you will end up with more than 18 energy cards (in your case, you would start off with more than 12 psychic energy cards and 6 grass energy cards). As you win more matches against the AI, you will start to regain the cards that were taken away (1 card for each victory, replaying a cleared level with the deck will not grant you an additional card). One unlocked card will automatically replace one of the excess energy cards in your deck. In the end your TC (Trainer Challenge) deck will be identical to the deck that you bought (the physical cards).

B) The cards are actually from the theme deck. They will replace the excess energy cards.

c) This does indeed happen to every pre-constructed theme deck.

Unless your unlucky like me, and have opened 8 decks now that are NOT even playable in the Trainer's challenge, without hearing a word from support for over a month...

Hey there Trainers!

Thank you for being so helpful! We love seeing our community helping each other out. You make us all so proud! As for the issue you're experiencing RegalPlague, the Support Portal will have to help you. Please check your ticket submitted to see for a response, you can do this from your account in the Support Portal page.

Unless your unlucky like me, and have opened 8 decks now that are NOT even playable in the Trainer's challenge, without hearing a word from support for over a month...

That's a little strange. I assume you have already used the code for the theme deck in-game, which should give you a deck usable in the Trainer Challenge. But did you open the deck in your game?

When I started playing the TCGO, I had found out that my Explosive Edge (my only theme deck) was not playable in TC. I had to open up the pack in-game by going to my online collection.

The "Packs" section can be accessed from the "My Collections" page, which is the fourth button from the left on the top bar. Click on the image with the three Pokemon Cards, which is labelled "Collection". Then click on the second icon, which has three pokemon booster packs as the image. See if your deck(s) are there.

I am not entirely sure if that is were I found it, it might be under "Review", which is also under the "Collections" page.

That's a little strange. I assume you have already used the code for the theme deck in-game, which should give you a deck usable in the Trainer Challenge. But did you open the deck in your game?

When I started playing the TCGO, I had found out that my Explosive Edge (my only theme deck) was not playable in TC. I had to open up the pack in-game by going to my online collection.

The "Packs" section can be accessed from the "My Collections" page, which is the fourth button from the left on the top bar. Click on the image with the three Pokemon Cards, which is labelled "Collection". Then click on the second icon, which has three pokemon booster packs as the image. See if your deck(s) are there.

I am not entirely sure if that is were I found it, it might be under "Review", which is also under the "Collections" page.

I haven't been able to use any of my decks in the Trainer Challenge other than the Red, Blue, and Green decks that I started with.

a) The unlockable cards are from your theme deck. When you play with a new theme deck for the first time, you don't start all 60 of the cards you have in your deck. 11 or 12 cards are taken out of your deck and are replaced with energy cards. Yes, you will end up with more than 18 energy cards (in your case, you would start off with more than 12 psychic energy cards and 6 grass energy cards). As you win more matches against the AI, you will start to regain the cards that were taken away (1 card for each victory, replaying a cleared level with the deck will not grant you an additional card). One unlocked card will automatically replace one of the excess energy cards in your deck. In the end your TC (Trainer Challenge) deck will be identical to the deck that you bought (the physical cards).

B) The cards are actually from the theme deck. They will replace the excess energy cards.

I think when I played with the Green Tornado deck that some of the cards were different from the ones in the physical deck but were later replaced by the correct cards.

• 2 months later...

I also have question related to decks, so i thought i better post here: I have completed the Gold league and unlocked all three decks for PvP. My friend was telling me there were 6 decks i could use in Trainer challenge for free. Was he right? If he was, what are those decks and how do i unlock them?

I'm guessing you have the black&white basic blue, green, and red right now? Unfortunately, the other three decks (plain "basic blue", "basic green", and "basic red") have been phased out, since they included HeartGold SoulSilver cards. Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to unlock those anymore.

I'd suggest asking the support team though, as I am pretty sure we are all supposed to have those. It's not like we're in a different phase of the game, to justify new players getting different things compared to older ones.

Archived