Fun/cheap deck for a new player

pokenew2013

Well Unfortunately I don't think there is any that can be bought for that amount, usually a theme deck is priced at 11 dollars and EX tins are about 15 dollars. I suggest you buy 1 Rayquaza EX tin and with that you get 1 pokemon ex and 4 packs. With the other packs you can trade them to get more Rayquaza EX. To be honest if you want to succeed I think you should get 2 of them, usually a deck needs 2 or more EX cards unless its a non ex deck, but non ex decks are hard to make unless you have a lot of cards. With 2 EX cards and 8 packs for trade you can get a lot of power for your budget deck.

The deck idea that I suggest is the cheapest would be a Rayquaza/Eelektrik(Dynamoter) Deck which involves lightning and fire energy and energy acceleration by Eelektrik(Dynamoter) which can bring back the energies

You can get a play set of Eelektrik(Dynamoter) online without having to buy it in one of the free decks. If you have any questions please let me know

Budget Deck idea: Lightning/Fire

Pokemon: 16

4 Tynamo

4 Eelektrik

3 Pikachu

3 Raichu

2 Rayquaza EX

Trainers: 30

4 Juniper

2 N

4 Cheren

2 Cilan

2 Engineer

2 Catcher

4 Pokemon Communication

4 Potion

2 Revive

2 Energy Search

2 Switch

Energy: 14

9 lightning

5 fire

Well just giving an update:

I got all the cards but the Rayquaza, have the chance to get 3 Rayquaza EX for 4,5 bucks, so thats 5,5 bucks left, what other cards should i buy?

Or just packs?

Thanks!

Well just giving an update:

I got all the cards but the Rayquaza, have the chance to get 3 Rayquaza EX for 4,5 bucks, so thats 5,5 bucks left, what other cards should i buy?

Or just packs?

Thanks!

Mewtwo's extremely handy in a lot of decks (and works surprisingly well with Eels) - so perhaps a Mewtwo EX tin. Darkrai definitely wouldn't fit into this deck, but Keldeo EX Promo (not sure if that's out yet?) would also be a good addition? :)

For modified just take out 2 engineer, and replace with a modified draw card like N or Colress which you can possibly trade for if you get a pack. Right now plasma packs are popular to trade, get those.

Cheapest viable deck online?

1 x Rayquaza EX (promo)

29 x Fire energy

30 x Lightning energy

Lots of fun and works way better than any of the other free basic deck. You can remove some energies to make way for some Trainers/Supporters. From the free decks, you can add Plus Power, Potion and Pokemon Catcher.

PS: Promo Rayquaza EX is worth between 2 to 3 packs.

Thanks, you all have been very helpful.

When you say its worth X packs, are they plasma storm or boundaries cross or what?

1 x Rayquaza EX (promo)

29 x Fire energy

30 x Lightning energy

Lots of fun and works way better than any of the other free basic deck. You can remove some energies to make way for some Trainers/Supporters. From the free decks, you can add Plus Power, Potion and Pokemon Catcher.

I'd argue Heatmor is cheaper and IMO is better! (guarenteed 200 output) and you can pretty easily get 4

Thanks, you all have been very helpful.

When you say its worth X packs, are they plasma storm or boundaries cross or what?

Nowadays we tend to quote PS Pack Prices - but to be honest, the difference is less than 25% now :)

Ninetails/Amoongus with Lasers is pretty cheap and is guaranteed fun. Throw one or two Mewtwo EX there to counter Mewtwo wars and you've got a deck that, while not being competitive, is able to win a lot of matches.

I'd argue Heatmor is cheaper and IMO is better! (guarenteed 200 output) and you can pretty easily get 4

Not really, Rayquaza EX is faster to setup. Turn 1 Celestial Roar, turn 2 KO. Whereas Heatmor would need 3 turns to setup. Rayquaza EX also have a higher HP and a better weakness (weak to Dragon type, as oppose to Water type).

1 x Rayquaza EX (promo)

29 x Fire energy

30 x Lightning energy

LOL i just tried this one, its SO much fun!

Which would be a better set up? (with trainers and stuff i mean, not budget)

LOL i just tried this one, its SO much fun!

Which would be a better set up? (with trainers and stuff i mean, not budget)

Well, if budget is not a constraint, it would be 50%/50%. Rayquaza EX has the advantage of a faster setup, a better HP and weakness. However Heatmor is searchable via Level Ball, and you lose lesser prize card when Heatmor is KO'ed.

Archived